ITT

Albums that clicked on the first listen

Damn, really? I must be a turbo-plen then.

Yeah. I must've listened to it 3 times again later that day.

Don't feel bad tho, I couldn't get into Kid A.

I quite liked it at first but then on repeat listenings gradually realised what an overrated pile of shit it actually is.

Most albums if you aren't a pleb

I don't believe you

this. I was high as hell when I first heard it and it was bliss.

Same

this, though it was the greatest thing on earth on first listen, but it got old quickly (wouldn't say it's shit, i just never listen to it)

This. Loveless didn't click for some people on the first listen? I've always felt like it were fairly accessible.

Also pic-related.

all albums

if you're not an idiot

Every king crimson album, faust IV, DAMN., Selling England by the Pound, Hot Rats, Tago Mago, The Dark Side of the Moon, Funeral, 2112, along with moving pictures.

Kid A is best when either super depressed or at night in the woods

the only click was the click of my mouse pressing "stop"

I found third really weird on first listen, I felt compelled to listen again after like a month and then started liking it
P. good my man

This album pretty much inverse-clicked on me, I loved it first listen and liked it a bit less every time on subsequent plays. I still find it a good album, just doesn't do the same for me it did when I first tried it.

Come on. Islands?

machine girl - wlfgrl

it's so comfy, especially second track

lift your skinny fists

Oh yeah

This was my first stoner/doom record. It blew me away, sound was like something from another universe. Couldn't stop listening. Prior to this I was like a White Stripes - Pixies - Iron Maiden lv.26 pleb

clicked right away

these took me a couple tries to get into

I feel 100% cursed, Loveless has never clicked for me, I've listened to it 10+ times, I love the genre, by all means I should love this album but it's never clicked for me

what am I doing wrong?

Have you reached sleep-deprivation depression pit enlightenment stage yet?

It also helps to cut yurself

Nothing, just move on with your life and listen to something different I guess

it's not just you user, only shallow is legit the only good song on the album

listen to isn't anything instead

This

How

I was going to post this but fine.

Came here to post this

This for sure

Honest to god hearing it was like experiencing an album that was meant for me, like I should have heard it before but never did

I doubt that
I can see that, depending on what you listened to first
this has yet to click, I don't get it. Someone explain it to me?
this actually wasn't hard to at all, it was just fucking aural sex

This "clicking" stuff doesn't make sense to me. It's rare that I'll listen to something and think "ok, I feel like I can get into this, but I'm not totally there yet." It happens, but usually I either considerably enjoy something at first, or feel like it's something that I won't get into, and I only come back to it if I get more into its genre. Anyone else the same? It seems weird to think of every album you don't enjoy as if it's for you, but you just don't understand it

Why do you doubt Loveless? Some people enjoy noise or shoegaze *before* discovering classics. For Exmilitary, I listened to some other Zach Hill shit before and thought he was a dank drummer

fair argument, it was my introduction to the genre and really the only album that is solely described as "shoegaze"

Clicked with me on the first riff.

For Spiderland the poetry is great. Take Washer's opening line "Goodnight my love, remember me as you fall to sleep. Fill your pockets with the dust and memory, that rises from the shoes on my feet", such a nice line. The album captures an emotion better than any other I've listened to. Also, objectively it did a lot to shape post-rock. So many songs in the genre build toward a climax at the end the same way songs on Spiderland do.

These took time

These I immediately liked

Whoops forgot my album

I remember driving to school before the sun came up in the winter listening to How to Disappear Completely. Transcendent.

Shame many dismiss it because of it being mainstream, whether they realize it or not.

Spiderland is really eerie, but even more than that I think it's surreal. And it manages to do both while continuously resisting falling into a depression or falling into an aggression which is something most conceptually intriguing albums can't do.

The songs on Doolittle are so catchy though, I think it clicked that fast for everyone

Unless yr a pleb who doesn't get Pixies. I've seen it.

What the fuck? The lyrics are not why anyone praises Spiderland.

I praise Spiderland for its lyrics

Best introduction to an artist ever.

Love on first listen

Of course. It grows on you but's catchy enough to fall in love with immediately.

Actually my favorite Pixies album

I really like the lyrics on Spiderland, as I think most do. You're right though, it isn't the lyrics that make it such a landmark. Does that really warrant a wtf?

>also objectively it did a lot of shape post-rock.
You can't say objectively when its your opinion.

Please stop saying anything about music.

It made me feel a little uncomfortable at first because:

A) It was really my first exposure to black metal (and it definitely is baby's first BM record looking back at it now)

B) I wasn't really expecting it at all, I just saw the album cover on a 3x3 thread and looked it up on YT

but eventually I acclimatised to it and played it non-stop for a good week or two.

how are people willing to overlook mediocre music just because of good lyrics?

Same

How?

>Spiderland is mediocre music
you're an idiot

This one hits you the second you hear the bassline on Moby Octopad

I don't think I would describe Machine Girl as comfy, I love it to death though. Check out the GRLPWR EP if you haven't

Mediocre? Listen again you clown

I think you might be retarded. Whether you think music is good or not is subjective. Whether or not it was influential on other musicians is objective.

having trouble defending your boring high-school angst rock?

Clicked immediately
Took several listens
Don't get and refuse to get at this point.

second listen or so

first listen

still don't get it (it's shit)

These were love at first listen for me. Also pic related.