Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM
strawpoll.me/12869198
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this a track list or a ranking?

no it doesn't have enough interludes

>Momentz at 13
I hope you drown in the bath

Andromeda and We Got the Power are two of my favorites.

>momentz
>not 1

Ew.

CLOCKS ON THE WALL
TALK TO WATCHES ON THE WRIST

>Momentz not 1
>No The Apprentice
>Andromeda
(You)

Andromeda is a classic Gorillaz tune imo, and We Got the Power is a really fun energetic closer with uplifting lyrics. And both are Damon lead which is nice.

its the MOMENTZ

I'm talking about the cool clown clan

>Momentz that low

youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM

it's actually
1. busted and blue
2. momentz
3. andromeda
4.submission
5. ascension

the rest is garbage

Order of preference:
Submission
Strobelite
Saturn Barz (tracks starting with S seem to be better?)
She's My Collar
Let Me Out
Ascension

The rest are kind of disappointing. I love De la Soul but they didn't really give them a good beat on Momentz.

What's it like to be the life of the party and mumble to your parents that you need more money for food?

She's my collar
Out of Body
Busted and blue
Ascension
Hallelujah money
Andromeda.

My favorite tracks in no particular order other than out of body as #1

it's [spoiler]the MOMENTZ we relive[/spoiler]

Saturnz Barz is literally the best on the album.

this album is barely worth listening to at all

It's one of my favorite albums released in the last few years, to each his own lad.

i earnestly feel that it is almost objectively shit at least in comparison to the likes of their other work. no substance whatsoever.

thats fair user its hard to argue as it is a subjective choice even though you said objective, can you recommend me some music that you believe has substance? Would like it if you kept your selections short and personable to you.

to keep comparisons local i would point out Plastic Beach as an album which was rife with meaning and substance (purely subjectively) to me with a primary pitfall that i encountered with Humanz being the nebulous and disjointed content of the music which strayed far too willingly into utterly unwelcome political overtones and thoughtless inclusion of collaborators which are indeed objectively inferior to the core group. think about the production values and standards of living that any fucking band in this day and age enjoys and the associated monetary cost and tell me if you think there's room for earnest 'protest' music anymore coming from such a group let alone a track with so much as a tinge of partisan bias

because there isn't and the gorillaz are fucking hypocrites to have strayed here

This post is eerie, it's almost my exact same favorite tracks, and I've been saying since the beginning that the de la soul feature is wasted on momentz

I can get behind that, I agree with plastic beach being better, however, just because a group peaked with one album shouldn't lower your rating for future music that is not quite as good. As for the political overtones I certainly agree but I don't necessarily hear them in a majority of the songs although I am aware it is looming over the album with the end of the world theme.

Also I was just genuinely looking for music recommendations, not looking to debate/judge your music.
I think most of the music is just good desu, songs are all well produced and provide the nice feels that I come to expect from a gorillaz album.

i don't know man my taste in music is utterly inconcrete and laughably unrefined and i've no idea how much of that has to do with the fact that i can only really perceive mono due to a neurological condition but i would like to think that I have a decent idea of what comprises a nice set of sounds and bleeps and bloops and i was just left wanting the whole time. i didn't feel any passion in the tracks or just earnest love for the music and it killed the perception of the whole thing. good feels to me come from songs like Some Kind of Nature and there was nothing even remotely analogous to that sort of track. oh well.

Giving it my first listen right now. Stroblite was...shit???? It didn't even feel like a Gorillaz track. It was just kind of "there".

I don't know if this is a ranking or a tracklist, but this would actually make a better tracklist than the actual order

feels like Charger, Shes My Collar and Saturnz Bars should be at the top here.

okay,
slide like a lizard
Bark like a crab
Eyes dialated
talk to the grass.

>Songs that I love, listen to on repeat, and sometimes sing along to
Strobelite
The Apprentice
She's My Collar
Let Me Out

>Great songs, not absolute bangers but I really enjoy them
Andromeda
Momentz (close to going up a tier though)
Submission
Busted and Blue
Saturnz Barz

>Not too bad, nothing to go home about
Charger
Sex Murder Party
Hallelujah Money (used to be a tier above, but interest faded since release. Still love Clementine's solo stuff though)

>Forgettable/Just can't personally get into
Ascension
Carnival
Ticker Tape
Out of Body
Halfway To The Halfway House

1. She's My Collar
2. The Apprentice
3. Saturnz Barz
4. Andromeda
5. Out of Body
6. Submission
7. Let Me Out
8. Busted and Blue

This would be a superior album by at least 2 tiers, prove me wrong

Agreed.
A lot of people are hating on this album but I honestly really like it. I mean, Gorillaz are experimental. They do pretty much anything. Thats why this is diffrent, and a lot of the tracks are varied and not stuck to one specific genre.

1. Charger
2. Shes My Collar
3. Andromeda
4. Momentz
5. Submission
6. Saturnz Barz
7. Busted And Blue
8. Ascension
9. Let Me Out
10. We Got The Power
11. Strobelite
12. Sex Murder Party
13. Carnival
14. Hallelujah Money

7-8/10 first 9 songs (on this list) are great, 10 and 11 are okay, 13 and 14 I could do without

I like how everyone forgets the forgettable "Circle of friends" Great album overall though

why the fuck doesnt anyone talk about carnival, it's objectively the best on the album

>mfw listen to Humanz and then listen to Demon Dayz

Can someone tell me why every song on Demon Dayz is literally amazing?

Damon still had ideas back then

Momentz is dick.
Fucking mumbling autotune monkey just butchers whatever promise the instrumentals had.

The instrumentals are just as much of a problem as the lackluster vocal performance, it's a production mess all around (hence why the live version sounds so much better. Superior delivery, extra instrumentation and the choir making it actually sound fun)

this album is shit and the cover looks like bjork

strawpoll.me/12869198

VOTE