Which country is going to be the first to put a man on Mars?

which country is going to be the first to put a man on Mars?
>USA, China, or EU

Other urls found in this thread:

spacenews.com/nasa-moving-ahead-with-plans-for-cislunar-human-outpost/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you and your stupid shit

>country
>EU
KEK

Like the EU is going to be around thst long.

None.
The world is flat and Mars is flat.
Everything is flat.
1884822° California I'll.

Who say it'll be a country? The space industry would be lucrative as hell if we found a more efficient way to get to orbit (elevator, magnetic propulsion etc) mining in space would be profitable as hell. Asteroids have higher concentrations of precious metals than the earth's crust. It may be a corporation that forms the first permanent human settlements on mars

The one with stars in the flag.

Fuck you and your poorly disguised bait. Stupid fat americunt

Well, they should try going to the moon 1st. No one has done it yet

>identifies the bait
>goes full retard and begins showing his eurotard self anyway

Not even mad.
That's clever.

i bet youre too ashamed to say what country your from

>EU

>europe
LOL

itll be usa or russia as usual

exactly

too ashamed to state your country. hahahaha you irrelevant cock sucker. cringy bastard. get out big balls out of your mouth

it will require the entire resources this planet has to offer and that STILL won't be enough considering many of the technologies needed do not even exist or haven't been throughly tested in which the manner they will be utilized

Look whose mad now

>Russia
Fat fucking chance that corrupt cesspit will ever have a dedicated space program again, they're just taking the warheads off ICBMs and then slap on a payload

I just had sex for the first time yesterday. It was amazing. She is really attractive, too. I jacked off the night before to make sure I didn't nut quick.

I didn't come but I really wanted to, what is wrong with me?

She's out of my league but she really likes me. As far as I can tell things are going to turn out great but I've got this unshakable feeling that she'll leave me.

I'm going on another date with her tomorrow and I really want to make it great but I'm not sure I can. Why do I not feel good enough?

Not relevant to this thread at all but I wanted to let you anons know that I got laid.

Pic for attention

Will be a worlds project in 2037
Ss this can confirm im from the future plus im behing 7 proxies

not mad one bit. go back to 9gag you fucking nerd. you clearly dont have anything intelligent to say. crawl back into your mud hut, faggot and dream about us.

Elon Musk, the rest arn't really even trying

China. The EU is disintegrating. The US is a white trash trailer park reality show and doesn't science any more.

By the time it happens (around 2050), India will be top country. So I think India

>india amounting to anything

>goes full nerdrage
>rolls satan trips
>not mad one bit
Sure buddy, I can even hear you choking on your cheeseburger from behind my screen

hahhahahaha you irrelevant piece of shit. i asked you your country and you stated > EU aahahahaha what a fucking cringy nerd sucking on our AMERICAN DICK. GET OFF OUR DICK FAGGOT

you are in for a rude awakening ameritard

>not mad one bit

IF it IS a government run affair they'll probably collaborate, the ISS isn't run by one nation in its entirety why would a colonization be any different the cold war is over so there's less of a "my dick is bigger than yours contest" to claim all the glory. Still putting my money on private industry for lasting colonization, not like the moon where we were on it for a few hours and left. Governments wouldn't see the usefulness of a permanent colony it would be solely scientific and small scale.

> STILL JEALOUS AND MAD ON OUR BIG AMERICAN DICK

I'm sure you know NASA has plans to put humans on Mars sometime in the 2030s.

Unless you find a way to make shit propelled rockets, there's no chance in hell you will get there.

Oh wait, the only thing you guys invented is the zero. And it was thousands of years ago.

haha id like to see india try to do anything to america. its a third world shithole that is getting shittier by the day

theyre taking over our 7/11's and doctors at an alarming rate

>Zero was invented independently by the Babylonians, Mayans and Indians (although some researchers say the Indian number system was influenced by the Babylonians). The Babylonians got their number system from the Sumerians, the first people in the world to develop a counting system.

yeah good luck fighting with those shitty INSAS rifles,you ripoff the AK47 (low tech but reliable and cheap) and somehow make it an unreliable clusterfuck to such a degree they're just starting to replace them with AK47s. India is not a technological superpower in any sense of the word.

Leaves them with nothing but designated streets then

Either the chinks, because they are still willing to spend stupid amounts of money on prestige projects which every sensible country has abandoned now, or a private group from the US such as Space x or Blue origin.

>Chinese are the only ones willing to spend stupid amounts of money on prestige projects
Dude, do you know how much the US spends on weapons that'll probably never get used? The US spends more on defense than the 2nd/3rd/4th ranked defense budgets combined. Not saying its worth it, but if any country can waste a shit ton of money it's the US

what is alarming is that in one region almost half the world population exists, moreover by two countries that don't appear to the warmest regards for each other...this affects the entire planet. to dismiss either nation is to be a complete fucking retard.

haven't the US gutted NASA's funding for the past 20 years or so?

>EU

I think Russia was what you meant to place in that spot

unfortunately that hold some merit, but they have accomplished a lot with what they have, which definitely is not nearly enough to achieve the endeavors which they designed to do.

If NASA goes anywhere (the Moon, Mars) it'll probably be on the dime of a rich corporation/person. Unless multiple countries unite with the aim of going to another planet, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Yeah, but they still spend shit tons of money on prestige projects through DARPA and the DOD. I think a corporation is the most likely going to start the first permanent extra terrestrial colonies. Once space travel is efficient there's money to be made harvesting precious metals from asteroids and moons. Governments don't care that much about space travel anymore because there's no returns for the money they invest and are increasingly contracting it out to private industry, economies of scale could create tons of money for the people willing to invest on the technology. Space travel is so expensive because it's really only being done on a small scale for scientific reasons, once profits are attainable the industry will explode

>EU
>country

shill confirmed.

let's not forget the enormous challenge of space junk, since building a spaceship on earth wouldn't be possible...yet.

> designated shitting canals

Yes, Russia and now China are dedicated to manned space programs. U.S. used to be good, but gave it all up to become space hitchhikers. Anybody else with a space program is basically India-tier.

Yeah, the US is such shit. Russia and China's system for lifting a payload greater than the mass of the entire space shuttle into orbit is much better.
>Oh wait...

> doesn't realize the space shuttles were mothballed

I'm rootin for the home team, but what with the fuckin idiots I see spouting bullshit these days...who the fuck knows.

They aren't, but they are catching up. They are poised to take on a lot of manufacturing jobs in the near future as China starts getting 'too expensive' due to its own economic growth, and they will develop up at a faster rate than China did. Meanwhile, the rest of the world just gets fatter and lazier.

Sorry you lost

>the rest of the world just gets fatter and lazier.
sign me up!

None of those shitty answers,
This is the obvious answer....

That looks like the flag of fagistan

I obviously speak the truth because I have been blessed with dubs by our Lord and Saviour KEK!

p r a i s e b e

Now you just need to figure out how to troll space

China.

The other two will be so busy narrowing their talent pool by insisting women represent 50% of their engineering workforce, and a woman is 1st to set foot on the ground.

Logical failure follows. China will just get shit done, no fucks given, man or woman on the tools or in the seat.

Shitposting white ausfag out.

nigga do you even SLS?

Its gunna be Canada don't-ya-know it eh

Russia, because they won't give a fuck if dozens of rockets blow up and hundreds of people die, they'll just keep trying

Good going son.

>thinking one of those three will be the first to land on Mars

They're going to invent rockets powered by beer and white male cistears, ay?

Lessee if I can post today...

So there's a few problems we have getting humans to mars, and this is before we choose to bring them back, or leave them there.

The almighty Pepe will lead us in this magnificent endeavour.

30 years ago true, but now that's china

The first big one is the problem of solar flares.

See, without the Earth's magnetic field, one solar flare would bake everyone and everything not under eleven feet of concrete to a nice toasty golden brown.

Once our astronauts are off to Mars, they don't have the luxury of the magnetic field.

We waited for low tide for the moon shots, and had a couple of scares, but none of the Apollo missions actually got cooked.

But that was a risk we took to go to the moon.

Crap. I forgot a pic. Sorry about that.

If we go to Mars, that's a nine month journey minimum (when the planets are ideally aligned). And we're going to have solar flares.

Which means we need a material that is the equivalent of eleven feet of concrete for the hull of our space capsule.

i'll just leave this here:

spacenews.com/nasa-moving-ahead-with-plans-for-cislunar-human-outpost/

>american race

>none of the Apollo missions actually got cooked.
except apollo 1, but that was a different situation

Another problem is zero gravity. Put humans in freefall for nine months, and they'll atrophy and be incapable of functioning on Mars.

And that's the least of the health problems.

We'll need to create gravity, say by spinning the capsule. But that's going to require a pretty sturdy structure. Better than what we got.

Yes and no. China's the new upstart and has done lots of flashy things (Tiangong etc.), but Russia has proved they're in it for the long haul so don't count them out.

"Cislunar"? Does that mean they they identify with the satellite they're born on?

Yes. Not by a solar flare.

Then there's cosmic rays. Not many get down here through the atmosphere. But up in space the astronauts could see them sparking off their eyelids when they tried to sleep.

We still don't know their health hazards. Insomnia, for one.

china cares less about negative PR things like rockets exploding because they can still cover it up from their own people more so than russia can now

Not to mention propulsion, unless that magic new drive they're testing actually works

don't forget about the massive amounts of poop!

really forgot the russians here, maybe they do it

Probably about equal on that, because of Russian stoicism. They'll make them heroes, and move on.

Then there's supplying our crew with food and air. Do we create for them a massive terrarium? Or do we send them up with lots of beans and oxygen? And carbon dioxide filters?

The bigger the crew (say what would be necessary for a permanent colony) the more likely we'll go with the space garden. But if we're sending a couple of dudes for a scouting mission, the beans start looking better.

Still, TONS of supplies.

I read Packing for Mars a while back. The author was obsessed with poop. She must have some kind of fetish.

That's an advantage of the garden. We can compost poop.

Otherwise, we dump it into space. But it means, yes, astronaut toiletries.

1 guy and a bunch of robots. then they can watch crappy movies and make fun of them on their journey there

also, mention the psychological affects long term space will have on a crew especially if there is a female crew member. (traps ftw)

Look up the NASA poop project. They elected winners and runners up.

But yes, the challenge was to create a system that allowed astronauts to poop and stay clean without changing their space suits.

doubt they would just dump it into space, they would at least need to dry it out and recycle the water

space doesnt exist and the earth is flat. we ve been lied to all our life.
you think im joking, but im not.

but God even said he made the heavens.. is.. is God a liar??

um, dump it into space?
>nope.jpg
it will literally orbit around the space vessel