>People ask me if I'm Australian
>People ask if England is a country
>People ask if England is part of America
>People ask if London is a part of England
>People ask me if we have facebook/twitter/youtube in England
>People ask me if we have cinemas in England
>People ask me if we have McDonalds in England
>People ask me what my native language is and praise my English ability

I'm not saying this is the majority of people, but there's a certain subsection of Americans that are so ignorant of everything outside of their small towns it is unbelievable.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liana
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ireland? England? London?

Son, this is AMERICA, here we speak AMERICAN, piss off with your foreign bullshit!

When your entire word is the local bar and fried okra, your views on the world isn't very diverse.

>People ask if England is part of America

It's a fair question, and the answer is yes.

Some guy at a bar in Texas started giving me shit and was saying "WE KICKED YOUR ASS IN WORLD WAR 2."

He was probably drunk and getting the two phrases mixed up but it gave me and my friend a good joke for the rest of the trip

>go to Ireland
>people ask me whereabouts in England I'm from

does this actually happen or is it a meme?
i dont doubt it, im just genuinely curious

Planing a road trip through the US.
Would they great me with Sieg Heil?

>Sieg Heil? Sorry buddy I don't speak French

It definitely happens mate, it's not the majority but a lot of middle aged / older americans are thick as shit about anything that is beyond their own lives. Plenty of Brits are fucking stupid as well but most have at least left Britain a few times.

Yes, a burger once asked me if Europe was a country and a teacher of an american school in California wanted to send to my english teacher a digital camera for an exchange program video because she thought we didn't have them in Italy.

Some people will likely ask you if you're from "the Hitler country" or something like that. I grew up in the rural South and now live in DC, the type of poor and stupid people vary greatly but America is a lot more insulated than Yurp.

is this legit user?

My friend traveled to Florida, and when he said that he is brazilian to an american, the american unironically asked him if he walked by lianas

Lad, I went to England, and when I said I was from Dublin, they asked if that was in the North. It's not like everyone in the UK is particularly well-educated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liana

???

>go to America
>people ask you to put your shoes in their fridge

Well did you? It's extremely rude to not abide by a country's customs.

Don't believe you... if you were an non famous country like Bulgaria this would certainly be believeble though.

>very rude not to abide by country's customs
>posted by an American

isn't it like brits brought slaves on this unknown island and they later rebel against queen or did i miss something ?

>muh oppressed colonies
America was the bitchy gay one in his younger years.

Oh so just like England?

yeah cuz they are just look at their fucking country what the fuck user