What happened to his impact? Where's all the rappers with personal lyrics...

What happened to his impact? Where's all the rappers with personal lyrics? Why has no one else found a way to be profound without being pretentious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhOt0Rfv730
youtube.com/watch?v=QVaT5TzpzsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kednrick is pretentious as fuck and content-wise GKMC was generic hood rap just a lot more technically skilled than the genre usually is.
TPAB was entirely black issues and more hood shit, not very personal.

>not very personal
>i

>and content-wise GKMC was generic hood rap

did you only listen to 2 tracks or something?

Kendrick is just hopsin with a better pr team.

Kanyes babies are drake, and every nigger faggot meme rapper like young thug and asap rocky

honestly didn't recognise him in this picture because he was smiling

That gimmick only works for like two albums before it must either evolve or devolve into something else.

only the third verse of i is personal, and it's surface level as fuck. Every other verse is about hood shit and then he says really dumb shit for like 7 minutes.

>Using the term "fucknigga" makes you as bad as a house slave and promotes self hate
>"Nigger" is derived from "Negus" which means king
So fucking retarded.

I listened to the whole thing multiple times.

Kanye's released seven albums and all of them are personal, except maybe TCD which is more observation based.

I'm talking about other artists who might attempt to mirror what Kanye has done.

The only reason the tactic of profound, introspective lyrics hasn't failed Kanye is because, well, he's had enough shit going on in his life to warrant material for more than two albums.

Which is why TurboGrafx16 will continue on with what he's been doing his entire career. There was the Trump thing, the RADIO FUCK YOU thing, the resultant institutionalization, etc. Not many artists are fortunate enough to have shit like that continuously happen in their lives.

off the top of my head

drake
kendrick
tyler the creator
earl
danny brown
j cole
das racist
lil b
antwon
charles hamilton

they might not all be very personal all the time but they are a lot of the time

>fortunate
The dude has depression and anxiety.
Was in car crash.
Was cheated on.
He boosted his Jay Z's career and Jay treats him like shit.
Had a bad break up around the time his mother died.
And he's been publicly vilified since the Taylor Swift thing at the VMA's, not exactly lucky.
He hasn't done anything negative yet people wish death to him and his wife on an everyday basis.

Kendrick isn't personal.
Drake sings more than he raps, all about romantic or sexual relationships.
J. Cole is corny and boring.
Earl is corny and boring.
Danny Brown isn't personal and his voice is annoying.

Tyler the Creator is personal starting with Wolf.
Everybody else on that list I haven't listened to.

This makes me really sad because he's clearly hurting and the general public only see his breakdowns as some form of entertainment. :(

Yeah, he'll say some crazy shit or go on a rant and it's either turned into a meme or used to further push the agenda that he's a terrible person.
Kanye also says a lot of profound shit but in a roundabout and obtuse sort of way that people don't bother to try and understand.

>earl boring
wat

you want personal?
this is uncomfortably personal.
enjoy.

He's monotone as fuck and his lyrics are needlessly complex, just like his idol, boring ass MF Doom.
At least Earl is actually rapping about something though. MF Doom is nonsense.

> he only heard backseat freestyle

I meant fortunate from an artistic standpoint. it's kind of fucked up from any other standpoint, I concede with that, but the cold hard truth is that hardships make for the best music.

Either way I knew I should have clarified this in my post because I was expecting responses like yours

I know you what you meant I was just sort of peeved because I have depression and anxiety too.
I've kind of been through a lot of shit, but I have no idea how to rap about it, maybe my life isn't hard enough because I couldn't write good lyrics to save my life.

kek

idk why you use ye as an example for lyricism. cd and lr to a degree are pretty personal but kanye was always music first and lyrics second and i like it that way.

You're joking, right?

Kanye's lyrics are simple, but they've always been profound, just because you've decided not to notice doesn't mean it's not true.
>CD and LR to a degree are pretty personal
He has five other albums than those two, they're his least personal.

This Antwon guy better be good, everybody else on your list sucks.

your mom sucks

Drake occasionally covers topics outside of those, and sometimes he does it pretty well. A Drake trac that I personally like is "You and the 6," check it out

You & The 6 is good, though I hate songs without choruses.
Drake covers personal topics on Take Care and NTWS, but those albums are still overwhelmingly about relationships and women, and I only just realized how much I hate Drake's flow.

Thank you for trying to help though.

No problem. Have you listened to If You're Reading This It's Too Late, by any chance?

Yeah, I've listened to Drake album.
I only really listen to Glow, Jungle (on occasion), and some songs from Take Care anymore.
I loved NTWS the same when it came out, but it hasn't aged well, I feel as if almost all of Drake's music comes with an expiration date.

>Now all the blacks cookin' up, they're almost white
>Cause gettin' green makes 'em treat us like we almost white

>When you walk straight, niggas tend to look at you sideways

Nobody can write or spit bars like this and not be seen as corny, but it feels so profound when Ye does it.

only one I can think of desu

youtube.com/watch?v=jhOt0Rfv730

Danny is the most personal artist on that list stupid

I hope he gets better. His Tweets give off this impression that he's still a bit unhinged

and mbdtf is the result

>his voice is annoying
why does everybody hate his voice, i like it t b h

Yeah, he seems to be coming around again though but I think he will always be a bit unhinged
Besides he was always a better Kanye than Kanye

youtube.com/watch?v=QVaT5TzpzsE

>tfw you will never be Kanye's friend
I just want to tell him I love him

why hasnt op found a noose and fucking hung himself

this ;~;