Kettles

Americans, is this true?
I hardly use my kettle, but I can't imagine not owning one.

sbs.com.au/food/article/2017/03/10/americans-dont-use-kettles-and-australians-are-completely-floored

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UlhLd76IzQ
bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express-c-1_7_22.html
google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/10/eu-to-launch-kettle-and-toaster-crackdown-after-brexit-vote2/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i have one on my stove

that's some quality journalism OP

so not electric
it is the old style stove top ones?

>he doesn't put the water in the microwave

Are Europeans autistic?

yes it whistles when its ready
i thought it was called a teapot though

>and-australians-are-completely-floored
Australians, is this true?

i use the same no need for another electric gizmo to heat up water

>I need a device specifically to heat water or else there's literally no way to heat water!

By "Australians" does it mean Abbos, or are all of the Kangaroo Jews this retarded?

They mostly drink cola because their water is poisoned by lead.

>implying seppos know you can drink water

I literally only use the microwave for popcorn
Call me a retarded subhuman third world monkey, but I feel it's bad to eat too much microwaved stuff

I use a pot
and make gallons of tea at a time

nah, the teapot is a porcelain thing (usually). And the teapot never goes on the stove. The whistler on your stove is definitely a kettle.

Same here man, fuck microwaves.

It's true.

We don't have kettles, but we do have have something called a Microwave that's 100% faster and can cook a turkey when we're done in just a few hours.

...gallons

we have microwaves.
just, you don't boil water in a specific electric vessel.

:^)

Amerikkka here, born and raised in Chicago...just about to close my laptop now and heat up some water in my electric kettle to make some oatmeal and coffee for breakfast.

Healthy NEET cooking masterrace equipment:
-electric kettle
-rice cooker with delay timer
-big cast iron pan
-french press
-big bamboo steamer

I also don't own a coffee machine. Tea and coffee are for faggots

bunch of gay shit
all you need is a pot and a pan

Keurig masterrace

Microwaved food is shit. But it's fine for water

in aus that's a camp kettle.
proper kettles are electric powered and boil about 5 litres in a minute.

t. Monster salesman

jesus how do they boil water?

Bullshit. Coffee helps fuel anxiety and paranoia, perfect for the newfag user basement dweller NEET to become a greater user of Sup Forums.

Main power in the US is 110V instead of the 230V where you are. The lower voltage in the US makes it so your electric kettle runs at half power. It would need twice the time to boil water compared to what you know.

>all that extra shit outside of the cast iron pan
>no slow cooker
>no ninja blender
what the fuck

>ninja blender

what?

No they do use those slow drip coffee makers, that's their equiv.

WHO DOESNT OWN THE MAGIC BULLET OR NINJA BLENDER SYSTEMS?

FUCKING PROXY POSTING SUBHUMANS PRETENDING TO BE FROM THE GLORIOUS WESTERN EMPIRE

No way, man. Bamboo steamer and rice cooker are god tier.

Rice cooker can cook any type of dry bulk food, from lentils, to rice, to quinoa.

Steamer replaces frying and microwave, cooking in the same amt of time but without destroying great amts of nutritional value.

not if i plugged into my dryer's outlet, then i get 240 volts

>NEET
>Nothing for grilled cheese
Got a USB one so I can fulfill Florida tradition and make them while driving on the highway. Pretty comfy.

>Main power in the US is 110V
EXPLAIN YOURSELVES YANKS

Those kettles are way faster than stovetop teapots. Kettles also automatically shut down. If you boil a lot of stuff it's really amazing to have. It's definitely not a necessity.

It's a teapot ya gaymos.

I have one but I'm probably going to throw it out. I just put water in a Pyrex measuring cup and pop it in the microwave.

>coffee
>needing a kettle

???

I've literally only seen one person microwave water before and that was a Chinese exchange student.

We have kettles. We just put them on the stove. I don't get why you're so obsessed with having electric ones.

Also post Americans don't drink tea in the morning, we drink coffee. And for that we just use a coffee maker (which, btw, is electric)

Electric kettles have only recently caught on, because people are getting into fancy teas (Teavana) and pour-over coffee. Every appliance store carries them now, and I know a lot of people that own/use them. I NEVER saw an electric water kettle in someone's home before about 5 years ago.

Traditionally people heated water using the microwave, which fucking sucks, but is faster than using the stove.

It's actually fairly common to have instant-hot water taps installed in kitchens. They cost around $300 and are awesome. Office buildings often have stand-up water coolers that have a near-boiling water tap as well.

This is true, they're all limited to 10A at 120V.

if you dont own an electric kettle you are not white

I have an electric kettle and a stove top. The electric one is much quicker so I hardly use the other.

i have a kettle, but i didnt before i met my wife, who is from taiwan

With fire.

I have a big giant stove. Why would I need an electric kettle like some college kid?

I have a stovetop kettle to make coffee with a pourover cone. Keurigfags need to be gassed. Electric kettles are gay too but nearly as degenerate as putting hot water through a plastic cup for a dose of hormone disruptors.

>NEET
>Nothing for grilled cheese

No way, the big cast iron pan is perfect for grilled cheese. It makes your sandwich not stick without teflon poison and heats the bread evenly so it comes out perfect golden brown with no burned spots.

This

Kettle + French press = over 9000 perfect cups of coffee per year

We have the stove top non electric ones, but then again my parents are from Poland so its pretty much a must.

When I lived in an off campus house with friends, two of them used to microwave water for their ramen noodles.

Hella true.

Nobody I know drinks tea like I do. They all boil water in a sauce pot then pour it into ramen noodles and shit.

>Keurigfags need to be gassed
agreed, keurig coffee is terrible. if you want a single serving of coffee, do pour over or get a moka pot. either is like 500% better than the shit that keurig sells.

I would own one if I was a tea drinker.

kettle heats up water faster than stove. why the sour grapes negroid

We all have slow drip coffee pots and just boil water on the stove for other stuff.

Also ITS TIME!!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=_UlhLd76IzQ

Of course it's not true, how else would you boil water?

>reads article
>"No, the answer is stove-top kettles, apparently. The ones that whistle when the water has boiled."

Australians aren't very bright are they. Especially the editors.

Amurrica is fucking weird. I can't imagine living w/out good electric kettle.
When I moved to new apartment, kettle and reverse osmosis water filter were the two things I bought immediately the same day.

we don't need kettles because we have coffee makers and tea makers that heat the water for things we would need heated water for, and if we aren't making tea or coffee then we use a pot and boil the water on the stove for cooking.

kettles are outdated tech and things most people here don't own because we have appliances that do what we need heated water for.

Kettles are for the weak and for effeminate lady boys

Super powers heat their water with the power of freedom and sheer tenacity.

I have one, but I don't use a microwave because it's the electric Jew

If you can't cook inna woods with open wood fires, you're not white. Proper whites invent technology, can use technology, and can figure out how to get by without it.

can you stop making these threads? they have nothing to do with politics. sage

Is the magic bullet a vibrating anal bead?

>When I moved to new apartment, kettle and reverse osmosis water filter were the two things I bought immediately the same day.
>[because i realized my apartment does not have a stove]

Yea I have the stove kettle.

I didn't even realized electric kettles existed.

Tea is for faggots

ninja blenders are just for poorfags who can't afford a vitamix or blend-tec

also who the fuck actually uses a blender other than women on juice diets?

microwave popcorn is really, really bad for you... causes cancer.. look it up!

i dont even get what this retarded post has to do with anything being discussed? electric kettles are very nice to have. I also have an electric bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express-c-1_7_22.html this to do coffee. if you dont have both yo uarent white. deal with it

Never had one growing up and have one now
Don't you just microwave you water?

I can't imagine living without out a gas burner stove.

why would we need a kettle when we have coffee makers/ tea makers. and the fucking stove?

pointless outdated tech is pointless.

Americans don't use electric kettles too often because standard low voltage in the US is 110V instead of 230V, it simply makes no sense to use them over normal kettles in this situation.

Dunno about normal ones.

>twice as long
>not understanding wattage vs voltage

Are you normally this retarded?

I have a kettle

I just have a hot water tap in my kitchen. Instant hot water whenever I want it. No waiting.

It's a myth that microwaving destroys nutrients. It actually is one of the ways that best saves the nutrients.

>vitamix or blend-tec

>spending 10-20x as much for literally no difference in blending capability

The advertising jew has gotten to you

this thread is shit, not political at all, and i will report it
fucking kys you fucking cunt

vegan manlets who are on a juice diet and... Joe Rogan

Try cooking frozen peas in the microwave. not even joking.

Electric is inferior anyway

I can have a cup of boiling water for my tea in less than thirty seconds

This is the most disgusting working class red neck shit I have read by a poster on this website
Isn't there a monster truck rally you should be at rn? Fuck outta here

I have electric stove (you can't even legally sell apartment w/out stove in Russia) and microwave oven, but using stove for boiling water is retarded.
Kettle is more efficient and fast, and it automatically turns off right after water is starting to boil hard. Plus kettle has design optimized for pouring boiling water into cup, while pouring water from typical cooking utensils for stove much more inconvenient.

>mfw ive always called this a teapot
>murrica

Ya know what else Australia has? A population the size of Texas'

the government of Australia is admitting that hundreds of thousands of “illegal guns”–i.e., “illicit firearms”–are in the hands of criminals some 20 years after Australia’s gun ban was implemented. And Reuters reports an amnesty will be put in place in 2017 where those in possession of said weapons can turn them in with no questions asked.

But kettles belong on Sup Forums saged

lol

No, nigger. Adaptability is what is required to be white. If you cannot adapt, you might as well be the niggerist of nigs.

The EU is banning high wattage kettles lmao. "Muh 240v" argument nullified.

google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/10/eu-to-launch-kettle-and-toaster-crackdown-after-brexit-vote2/amp/

It's the superior system

Well, he is Muslim.

God I hated those shelf toilets in Germany. You have to shit on it (ostensibly to examine your poo) and end up having to smell the full force of raw shit for the whole time.

the only thing it's good for is partially cooking baked potatoes before you transfer them to the oven to finish. 5 mins in the microwave cuts the bake time down to 20 minutes.

microwaves are terrible at just about everything else.

Put your mosin
In the bin

electric kettles suck

yanks take the piss we use a hot and cold tap,they say we live in the stone age due to not having a mixer tap

then you tell me you still use a old kettle you gotta put on a stove?

topjej m8

Reheating leftovers

same here, don't even own a microwave, they suck

as far as kettles go, i just boil tea water in a pan on the stove