Why do monotheistic religions replace polytheistic ones?

Why do monotheistic religions replace polytheistic ones?

the polytheists were too busy trying to figure out which god to pray to during wartime

Appeasing one God is easier than appeasing many

Also forced conversion

Jews

>the polytheists were too busy trying to figure out which god to pray to during wartime
During war they pray to War god obviously.

Another retarded namefag for the filter

Too complicated

this
I think it's easier to centralise power with a monotheistic religion too. It's also more rational, a god looses it's novelty and awe when you have dozens of them. But as one god, I guess it might seem more likely and more novel.

>people have chill polytheistic religions
>sciences arts and society grows and evolves rapidly
>change into monotheistic religions
>dark ages
>nothing happens for 2 thousand years
>people stop believing in god as much
>Technological advancement upon us once again

hhm

Polytheistic religion (Religion 1.0) is too tiring to follow

Monotheistic (Religion 2.0) is better because people can relate with one stop god, that is, people can easier think they can also be gods.

Religion 3.0

Religion 4.0 will be a human being truly deeply honestly submitting to a fact that there simply are things that can't be controlled by a human being.

Can't see beyond this.

Not sure how it's more rational to have one omnipotent deity. What were His motives to create the universe? Wouldn't He get lonely? What makes Him get out of bed in the morning? Could He microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it? Why does He let children suffer?

The Greek mythology consisting of multiple gods with limited powers who socialize with each other is much more relatable tbqh. Their stories are much more interesting, too.

>The Greek mythology consisting of multiple gods with limited powers who socialize with each other is much more relatable tbqh. Their stories are much more interesting, too.

Which was a kind of reality show. The same over and over again. Some liked it and it made fans. But most of the people found it boring in the end.

So it was axed.

I meant it's more rational in two ways: in terms of having people actually care about the religion. Multiple entities who may not even be that powerful, with too many specifics dies when faced with an omnipotent and more simplistic god, it's just not as established and strong.

The other way I meant is that for an individual, what's more rational; believing in multiple gods whilst having it at the back of your mind that it's kind of bullshit because it's culturally, socially and logically quite sidelined, or finding some awesome omnipotent amazing "THE God" that everyone is so excited about? I think it's always easier to believe in a single god than a group.

>I think it's always easier to believe in a single god than a group.

Because you think you could also be a god.

>finnish seers

the chartist.

Doesn't apply to Japan

Shinto (Poly) > Shinto + Buddhist (Poly) > Non-religious

Christfags tried to invade, but we kicked them out.

So that's basically why. Monotheists are pushy.

only the shit ones

Do people in Japan even really believe in Shinto as a real religion?

I'm pretty sure it's similar to Christian Europeans, they believe in the values and morals the religion teaches but take nothing literally

doctrinal inhomogeneity from dispersed cults consisting the polytheistic faith. Compared with the singular focus and consolidated doctrinal approaches of monotheistic religions, the polytheists just can't exert the same pressure.

Because monotheistic religions scared people with the fear of hell
Therefore allowing powers which adopted this system to violently impose their views on others because they believed they did it for the greater good

>he fell for the "monotheistic domination is inevitable" meme

Not really a question for redd/int/, tbqh.

we're just believing superstitions we have. if you ask me to do shit on your own talisman, I'll refuse it since I feel like bad things might happen to me. but, speaking of having a meal, we have no rules like ban alcohol, and pigs. so, we feel no sympathy for Muslims.

>Biggest Christian nation conquers them
amaterasu fears the MacArthur

Not necessarily. In Egypt/Kemet, some faggot called Akenaton tried it... and failed miserably.

"Allah gives with one hand and takes with the other" - Muslim saying.

In other words: they offer you a stick AND a treat. Both together.

Daily reminder that jewish religion was polytheistic

Jews still worship baal and moloch

It's a bit more complicated than that.

Most Caananites believed there existed multiple gods, however they worshipped a single one depending on the tribe. I believe Hebrews were influenced by Akhenaton and his coup into believing there should be one god, and then imposed this belief on the other tribes they conquered.

Bait

>we have lotsa cool neat gods with some form of humanity
>yeah well mine has everything and is always good in every way
>ok just let us practice in peace and you do you
>worship my cool god

cause metaphisics said so

Given time, the number of gods will decrease. Many gods gets replaced by one god, one god gets replaced by no god, no god gets replaced by minus deity and so on.

Even in polytheism, only one or two gods are relevant.

he failed mostly due to Amon and his priests in Thebes being so strong.

Many of those religions don't give clarity to life after death or it sucks fir a normal person

They were more influenced by the Assyrians that claimed there was one god ashur and everything else that used to be worshiped was an aspect of him and people before were too ignorant to realize it