Can somebody explain what this hole OxyContin, Vicodin, etc thing in the USA is about?

Can somebody explain what this hole OxyContin, Vicodin, etc thing in the USA is about?

I understand those are prescription pain killers, but what kind of high do you get out of them and how do so many people get their hands on them?

People describe the high as "euphoric." People get their hands on them because they either have legitimate medical problems, are good at lying, or they go to a corrupt doctor who makes money by giving prescriptions.

Never tried them myself, but my brother in law does them a lot and after he snorts a line he slowly nods off into a sleep-like state. I can only imagine it's like getting your whole body massaged at the same time; very relaxing.

A brilliant way to further degrade poor white trash.

a. paranoid that democrats are going to steal their shitty belongings

b. love the capitalist system that is exploiting them and killing them

c. feed them shitty religion and paranoia.

I took one of my girlfriend's. Just made me feel nauseous and shaky. I had to lie down to keep from puking. I don't see the appeal, but I guess since they're opium based they are addictive.

>my brother in law does them a lot and after he snorts a line he slowly nods off into a sleep-like state.

Does he drive a 5-6 year old pick-up and live in one of those one story houses without a basement but a crawl space below them and two broken down cars in the yard slowly reclaimed by vegiation?

The high is relaxed, clean and euphoric. Theyre my all time favorite drug. I have fond memories of relaxed nights spaked in opiate bliss. but I havent done it in awhile. Opiates are phenomenally additictive.

Also I have no idea how people have a continuous supply of pills. I have such a hard time finding them. Also super expensive.

You probably took too high of a dose. I feel the same way when I do them though. I don't see why anybody would want anything other than weed, but to each his own.

>I had to lie down to keep from puking.

Opoiats can make you sick in the stomach.

It's just pharmaceutical grade heroin. It causes users to nod off just like heroin if you do enough. In small recreational doses it can act like Xanax and calm your nerves. It gives euphoria and a sense of well-being.

After only a week or so of regular use, physical addiction is almost definite, so it's no joke.

Good guess, but no, just an apartment right now. His mom lives in a rural area and the house probably looks like that, but I've never been over there. And his broke ass can't even afford a car, but I'm pretty sure he would buy an old truck

They're easy to get because doctors have been prescribing them like candy for years because they get kickbacks from Big Pharma.

Same. I can't find shit ever. I don't have many friends. Wish I knew how to get them off black market

I looked into buying them of the silk road or something. My friends used to get mdma that way. Although if I could figure that out I would get raw opium. Always wanted to try that.

I miss that opiate buzz.

Lies. My doc won't even give me Xanax and I literally have panic attacks often and my mom even told him. Fucking sucks feeling like I'm having a seizure and dying and cannot even get help

Yeah. I tried opium once and it sucked. Probably shit purity though. I'm nervous about using silk road these days...

>disclaimer: anecdotal evidence

your mom - lol that's cute

Fuck Xanax, just stop doing all drugs and work on coping with your anxiety without them. You will feel and be a lot better off.

Sounds like you have an honest doctor. Most doctors that aren't getting kick backs from pharma, don't like to give Benzodiazepine for chronic anxiety. They usually suggest life style change.

OxyContin is literally synthetic heroin.

They're all opiates/opiods just like heroin, to stage off withdrawals of heroin you could simply use a painkiller.

It's basically heroin in a pill...

It's basically prescription heroin.

If you haven't tried opiates, it's hard to describe. Physically it's like being wrapped in a cozy blanket. Mentally you don't give a shit about any of life's problems, feel confident, and just makes you happy and carefree. It's incredibly dangerous because it's one of the drugs you can do all day everyday and makes work and life so much easier and it doesn't take long to build up a tolerance and get addicted and feel like complete garbage if you don't have them.

Lel hivemind

I'm the user from the last thread who was saying the same shit towards the end of it.

Unfortunately when it comes to real medical use, there is nothing else that comes anywhere close to opiates for pain.

Can't just force a panic attack in front of the doc.
Knows him personally from school, fag.
Seems like it. Total bummer

What about weed for pain? They have some strong shit out there

Vicadin give me a "light" feeling, general euphoria.

But they have literally ruined my life. Please, stay away from them. It's not worth it trust me.

Not as good as you think.

On your phone?!
The fuck is wrong with you?
Get a plate you degenerate