If God's the good guy then why do hurricanes exist and leukemia exist?

If God's the good guy then why do hurricanes exist and leukemia exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
youtu.be/-suvkwNYSQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Satan

Ying and Yang bro. Without evil, we could have no good. Without sadness we could have no happiness. Without hate, we could not know love.
Both must exist if we are to experience any emotion truly.

But isn't god supposed to be all powerfull?

Read the Bible. God is the bad guy.

>Without evil, we could have no good.
So he made worms that make children blind by eating eyballs outwards so some jackass in California can appriciate his drink more.
Are you seriously defending this?
That's like saying slavery should be legal so that the rich can appriciate life more.

Doesnt mean he has to care

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

So he's not the good guy. Gotcha.

Your thinking about it like it like whats good for you, not the greater good.

Rather just watch Dogma

it's more realistic

Hair bun vegan incense sniffer detected

>not the greater good
>I created cancer for the greater good
Explain how cancer makes the world a better place.

you sound like a nigger saying the white man is the devil for not giving you more welfare

Strawman. The concept is over your head and you are simplifying it. You are scared of what you dont understand

i love Burgers.

Imagine Hitler lived forever. The real enemy is new life pro abortion here.

You can put the animals in the zoo. You can't tell them what to do.

Ugh, people just keep quoting that interview in which Stephen Fry gave the example of the eyeball eating worm. Here's your (you) douchebag.

Christfags will defend this.
youtu.be/-suvkwNYSQo

So you're saying we created hurricanes?

The fall

Idk if you've noticed, people age. There is no reason to make death so painful and long.

I don't think you actually read anything and just auto replied belligerently. Good job, faggot.

>I don't have an argument

Every wrinkle and every lost hair could be a harmful wish from another if we are getting crazy.

Weak shit. Nice try though. Btw i was Tell me how your response applied to me. Not even defending Christianity.

>we have to be extreme about everything
So either nobody dies ever or people die in agony? I can certainly imagine a world that's even worse than this, why couldn't god make it somewhat better, like not creating leukemia.

Again Better for who?

>again
For people who get leukemia, their family, people who work to better their lives instead of doing something else...
Anyone with empathy basically.
Surely, you must agree that if they found the cure for cancer tommorow, you'd be happy at least for a second. Why? Because people wouldn't need to suffer from it anyomore.

to destroy the heathens and unbelievers

Makes more sense than any other post out here.

Then we would suffer more from our oppressors If they continue to live.

Why the fuck do you cling onto this "dictators will live forever" idea? Like I said, people could still die, just not horribly long and painfull deaths. What part of that don't you understand?
I hope this is bait.

idk I'm a sinner dirty and worthless.

So there is not much of a difference from us and them.

Sometimes I wonder if God and Satan are working together

Sometimes I wonder if they're even real.

because life is the shitty place, and dieing is a good thing

It's all just about love user.

/thread

God doesn't exist. Problem solved.

Notice how hurricanes only ever affect degenerate shitholes?... yeah that's why

>bad things only happen to bad people

the exceptions being job and jesus... kinda

God has mysterious ways. Now stfu and go back to being an ignorant dumb ass.

god doesn't exist dude.

Because of your UNBELIEF and SIN, plus Adam and Eve....also good things and faith come out of what we think are tragedy.

Can't make those claims because you haven't lived in a world where one existed but not the other.

Lets say you are born neutral and I punch you in the face. You didn't experience happiness; but you sure experienced sadness.

You said you can't have one without the other; just proved you can.

everyone you fucking retard

I believe gods abandoned us

If everyone was christian cancer wouldn't exist?
Is that what you're saying?

The Book of Job explains it a bit

You're being ungrateful. All mortal suffering is as naught in the face of what God has endured for us, and will be as naught in light of the eternal rapture He promises.

It's His fault you lost everything. But don't hold it against Him. That's childish and greedy.

Because humans fuck up constantly. Everything bad in the world (not caused by a human) is consequence for something bad that humans have done.

it's true. Everyone is bad therefore bad things happen to everyone.

hurricanes are a result low pressure systems, warm water, and the Coriolis effect. Leukemia exists to destroy the weak.

How else do you get people to enter heaven?

absolutely right

It doesn't explain how God's supposed to be the good guy. Seems evil as fuck.

>You're being ungrateful
>My boyfriend beats me but I should be glad I have one

What dude? I made a statement, I see you did too only it was smear on my face.

>How else do you get people to enter heaven?
By not making death so painfull and slow for some?

>implying your target isnt a masochist
also why does any/everything dubbed "god" have to be all powerful all knowing and all understanding. When you deal in absolutes you just get paradoxes. for all we know god could be a lifeform of relatively equal significance to ours.

if they're a pessimist they'll be sad you punched them but happy you didn't do it twice

Because that's what christians believe.
If you want flawed Gods who don't claim to be good, Greek mythology is the thing for you.

>By not making death so painfull and slow for some?
pfft. then they might not have time to repent for all the dumb shit they did. lmao. Gtfo with god threads. gtfo with thinking that anyone else knows more about god than anyone else - if they did they couldnt prove it. Do you really want to meet god? you might be dissappointed
ref. rick and morty - the ricks must be crazy
watch it and tell me you still want to know your purpose. Just be happy that why-ever we are here we are still doing what we are "supposed?" to be doing to keep our universe sustained.
also taken a step further maybe we are just part of the pollution if you will. that is to say maybe we are a byproduct of the glorious "plan." seriously, eat your own shit, dont shovel it onto my plate

>then they might not have time to repent
Are you a fucking sociopath?

op didnt specify a specific religion. and my knowledge at hand of greco-roman religion is shitty at best. but ill say there lies a difference in that greco-roman religions recognized many gods (perhaps because its just easier to pillage the village that way) there could be multiple "gods" and a single "creator"
god doesnt have to be the creator until you are debating specifics of religions. seriously tho christians call the bible the word of god and thats downright fucking blasphemy... oh, God chose them to record his word? you're either misinterpreting something or a self important narcissist to say that. I dont care either way. Religion is like everything else. Take it with a grain of salt

he's a really shitty moderator

I am the OP, I was specifically talking about the Christian one hence the picture.

no, im trolling your baited question with a joke of situational irony.
conversely, if i was a sociopath then would i be lost in eternal damnation?

He's supposed to be all-knowing

According to the catholic church, yes, and you should thank God for that.

>hurricane and leukemia

pest control, brother

all knowing doesn't mean he has to give a fuck. I love how the greeks portrayed their gods as hellraisers, like zeus, just cme to earth to stick his cock in stuff and other favored those who deserved it.

>picks a religion that can be dated
>asks a loaded/baited question
did you have a destination in mind for this thread?
my
main point is - you're not going to have an epiphany of why everythign is the way it is from religion. If i had to guess it was born out of a sense of social norms to ensure the survival of several groups and over time some retarded shit got looped in with some not-so-terrible ideas. I'm not defending and not attacking religion bc you really cant disqualify it or the lack thereof with substantial evidence.. only rhetorical argument. rrhetoric is beautiful until cunty politicians use it to stir the pot ;)

Gods fucking real.