I'm actually in good shape thanks to martial arts and swimming. But I need to develop strength to hit harder...

I'm actually in good shape thanks to martial arts and swimming. But I need to develop strength to hit harder. I fucking hate the gym tho.

Why would you go several times a week to a usually ugly room and do a mindless repetitive movement? It's stupid.

I prefer to exercise in a fun way, like martial arts or team games.

So b/, the question is, what is the best way to build strength without going to the stupid boring gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FlwDAZ7SSwY
youtube.com/watch?v=SMppD-bUNWo
youtube.com/watch?v=C0rS43ocutI
youtube.com/watch?v=GZaneGIbiSI
youtube.com/watch?v=5v9p5jBN_Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=m1DR9UxkNIE
youtube.com/watch?v=qBs4NABgR6U
youtube.com/watch?v=y6I1J0zmE7U
youtube.com/watch?v=0JoBLxFKkbM
youtube.com/watch?v=MNNEhjxg-w0
youtube.com/watch?v=yuruwazmpI8
youtube.com/watch?v=mNdVJABkc3c
youtube.com/watch?v=3DXR-MRdRVI
youtube.com/watch?v=qvlAl0TVrsE
streamboobs.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>retarded child comes to Sup Forums to ask questions about fitness
Don't breed.

>do a mindless repetitive movement
You mean like swimming laps?

Take up a heavy physical job, something like construction.

Op here. Kek. Yeah, I see my contradiction. But the pool doesn't bother me though

I would love that but I already have a job. But good idea tho

Which is, of course, one of the best activities for strengthening your overall body.

> what is the best way to build strength without going to the stupid boring gym?

Pull ups, push ups, running, swimming, hiking, buy weights and do various strength building exercises at home.

If you mean "How can I build strength without effort" then there isn't a way. You have to put in in the effort to achieve the result.

Get off your ass and do it if you want it.

Thanks for the advice user. I didn't mean without effort, I don't mind effort. I meant without being bored by repetitive exercises. Like, maybe an activity that you do while at the same time building strength.

Well, if that's actually the case, then what I usually do is go on what I call a "power hike."

Thankfully, I live beside an area of pretty hilly open space with trails. So I go hike the trails at a pretty brisk pace.

There's a couple of spots along the trails that have the space for me to do some push ups and a couple of trees where I do pull ups.

This does it for me, since it gets a large majority of the muscle groups. I do some sit ups once I'm home to round it out.

Not sure about your situation, but this workout works GREAT for me, since it gets me out in the open space which is a great way to start my day.

Ok tx. Great advice. I'll see if I have a nearby place where I can do that.

And this is exactly what I meant; this activity beats the gym by far!! Like I mean, this sounds a lot better than going into a closed room to full of people side-by-side walking on a walking machine or doing the same movement 200 times in a row. So boring

>I swim and do martial arts
>But I hate mindless repetitive movement in an ugly place

Get a weighted vest and run. Start rock climbing.

CALISTHENICS. hey OP watch a minute of this video and see if you like

Gym uses weight training, but
Calisthenics use body-weight training

Bruce Lee performed much calisthenics combined with martial arts and he hits pretty fucking hard. So i suggest you imitate his routine

Forgot to link vid lol fail youtu.be/FlwDAZ7SSwY

k

>what is the best way to build strength without going to the stupid boring gym?
Parkour.

Depending on how you do it, which movements you focus on, you work different kinds of strength.

It's an entertaining thing to do, like martial arts, and it builds strength.

You can also try FreeRunning, if you're in to that kind of thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMppD-bUNWo

Cool advice, thanks. I like the concept of using your body instead of weights! We kind of do that in my dojo because we are a poor dojo kek, so we don't have equipment and we use our bodies

>I like the concept of using your body instead of weights!
Parkour!

Do outdoors, I would usually do them in training season of competitive rowing - also can recommend a training app freeletics

Omg!!! Op here. I hadn't thought about this but this was exactly what I was looking for ! I'm going to start parkour! Excellent idea ! Thank you user

Here're some videos you might find useful.

JoggingForBeginners - Jogging
youtube.com/watch?v=C0rS43ocutI

Darrick Ware - Sprint Form Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=GZaneGIbiSI

Teach PE - How to Improve your Long Jump Technique
youtube.com/watch?v=5v9p5jBN_Hg

LaFlairParkour - Speed Vault
youtube.com/watch?v=m1DR9UxkNIE

Ozzi Quintero - Kong Vault
youtube.com/watch?v=QXH7FHfMCH0

Ozzi Quintero - Slap Out
youtube.com/watch?v=qBs4NABgR6U

Ozzi Quintero - Parkour Roll
youtube.com/watch?v=y6I1J0zmE7U

Levi Meeuwenberg - Parkour Roll
youtube.com/watch?v=0JoBLxFKkbM

Ozzi Quintero - Wall Up
youtube.com/watch?v=MNNEhjxg-w0

ParkourScience - Wall Up
youtube.com/watch?v=yuruwazmpI8

ParkourScience - Landing and Impact - Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=mNdVJABkc3c

ParkourScience - Landing and Impact - Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=3DXR-MRdRVI

ParkourScience - Parkour Roll
youtube.com/watch?v=qvlAl0TVrsE

You don't need strength to hit harder, you need to use the strength you have more effectively.

Run. Run far, run often. Swimming's cool and all, but running will do you different. Running's improved my boxing more than anything else I've tried.

GO FOR WALKS

Op here, that's horrible defense! You never give your back to your opponent! But I understand that it's easier said than done

Op, do rock climbing. 100% strength training and it's not boring as fk

to hit harder you must learn to use your entire body when you hit. there's videos of bruce lee's two pupils teaching his principles on youtube. there's also plenty of videos about his exercise routine, particularly his focus on core strength.

core is how you hit like a monster.

Oddly enough, jump roping is a really great way to exercise. Look for freestyle tips on youtube to keep it from getting monotonous.

Downside: You jumprope, and risk becoming a six year old girl.

>gym
>boring
Kydyels

Loli time streamboobs.com

Yes, you're right about it. Sometimes in my good days I hit with good technique and it changes everything!!! But you would have to agree that being stronger helps tho. Stronger with excellent technique is better than weaker with excellent technique. Tho I see what you mean, I weak guy with excellent technique will beat a bodybuilder with no technique

Op here, also, this is interesting. Do you think running is more effective than swimming to improve your fighting? Do you know why?

just watch a few never back down movies user. youll have it down

1 minute of jumping rope=10 minutes of running.
I don't care what I look like, if it works it works.

>that's horrible defense! You never give your back to your opponent!

That was a turning backfist, if you didn't notice.

That turning backfist was following a fake lead hand backfist.

>roundhouse
>switch
>opponent closes distance
>opponent starts right hand strike
>fake lead hand backfist
>opponent continues strike
>counter with turning backfist

I've used the turning and spinning backfist countless times in sparring, and it hasn't failed me, yet.

I've sparred with some black belt Karateka, and my backfist counter has taken them all by surprise.

There are in fact times to turn your back to your opponent.

Hand to hand combat is not just a physical game, but a game of the mind.

Deception is very well a part of martial arts.

gif, for example.
With a side on stance that isn't like what they're used to, it seems like you're not in a stance and not prepared, so they may close in and attack, but you were ready the whole time, and that stance is great for throwing a side kick.
I'm absolutely certain that there are videos on YouTube right now that have people getting hit with turning and spinning backfists, and kick misses to side kicks.