In what ways do people typically celebrate Easter in your country?

In what ways do people typically celebrate Easter in your country?

[serious thread] [not clickbait]

buy emu eggs to hatch as pets

by hiding plastic eggs filled with candy in the backyard and having children search for them

Shooting off guns

temporarily change our flag to an easter egg

kill every mudslime lebanon is christian

Seriously and without clickbait

o-ok pierre

Children paint caricatures of toads. Adults have eddnog drinks

We beat women with whips.

We paint eggs

where i'm form, we hide bags of candy (peferably easter-themed) at night somewhere in the house so that children can start looking for them as soon as they wake up

Family get-together.
Hide candy, painted eggs and small presents in the backyard for the kids to find. Candy and booze for the adults.
Me, I sit in my room ignoring the family and shitposting about amphibian creatures on a Swedish IKEA comment section.

local priest plus some scouts/local youth, go from house to house to bless every one of them, they drink wine and eat a bit in every of those houses, they reach the end of the village drunk.

and, sometimes, throw cold water to them

Kids go from house to house dressed up like witches and trade willow sticks for candy. It is also common to grow grass in a bowl inside and do easter egg hunts. Mämmi is the seasonal food of easter.

Compete whose colored egg is stronger. Hit two eggs, one of them is broken. Repeat several times with different people. Then eat eggs and drink vodka. There are cakes. Religious people (most women) attend the church for a night prayer marathon.

I was looking at American Public holidays and I had trouble finding Good Friday or Easter Monday. Do you call it an American name, because it almost seems as if Americans don't celebrate Easter.

Is this actually true? Cos it seems pretty fun

Yeah, the egg breaking thing is the tradition most people engage.

Typically Orthodox Easter involves baking a special kind of cake (Kulich) and diary-product dish thing (Paskha which is also the name of Easter in Russian) along with painted eggs.
Ideally, you bring those to the church to bless them, but most people don't bother.
There's also a special greeting people do this day.

Most of the "Orthodox Christians" give shit about religious holidays as an excuse to drink vodka and gluttony.

By dressing in pagan costumes and making goofy decorations that have jack shit to do with christianity.

Eat the body, and drink the blood of the Christ.

Go to the fish and chip on Good Friday

We burn bonfires to keep away the evil spirits.

The same at the end of February, Shrovetide week. Baking pancakes, pancakes as a symbol of the sun. Has roots in pagan worship of the sun.