Fucking Sup Forums isn't helping me at all, teh assholes

fucking Sup Forums isn't helping me at all, teh assholes.

To all u PC Sup Forumsros out there, I need to know if this PSU has too much silicone glue added. It smelled like fucking too much paint when I opened it, holy hell.

imgur link for more images, plz halp.

imgur.com/a/SxWmY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDdwkNJO3zc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tits for thine trouble

overclock it

Why the fuck is there glue in it?

supposedly its supposed to keep certain components from touching eachother, but this seems like overkill.

When in doubt, return it

this

>when I opened it
You don't open PSUs you can actually die you fucking idiot, the little capacitors can shock you to death.
Get a new PSU that's it.

Corsair has shit PSUs
850 watts is way to much for what you need
But if you want a specific answer, go ask the autists in Sup Forums

Newegg reviews said this one was good.

WHEN I OPENED THE PACKAGE. Fucking idiot. Of course I didnt open the fucking PSU itself, how dumb AF are you?

Its a GSU...Glued Shit Unit

OP your fine, what you smell is the factory line that it came off of. I had this too, when I bought my new power supply. The glue to meant to keep other components from touching each other. While the amount in your picture seems to be a bit excessive, it will not fry, or kill any of your other components, or its self.

the first productive post on Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Thank you user. I just wish I had a few more decent opinions.

When I'm not sure about a product I look it up in Youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=KDdwkNJO3zc

It's normal to have a huge amount of glue. While it don't interrupts air flow completely. Seems like you're ok.

Just quit questioning it and return it cunt.

fuck off faggot

THIS

I work for an IT company. About 3-5 times a month, customers return products back to us because they think it is the problem. As a company with warranty policies, we can't say no and HAVE to provide a replacement or refund. Either way, the customer wins. Exchange it, and if you still smell it, it's something else. It's selfish, but as a customer you really have nothing to lose.

Can't even see what you're referring to, but silicone is nonconductive so it really shouldn't be a problem. The only issue I could see is that it would insulate it and cause overheating.
I don't think I've ever seen a psu with silicone on the components before though. PSU's get hot, nothing should be coating the components.

You think id be ok with getting the same product? I have the option to refund or replace.

So then get the refund and buy a different PSU

You are literally retarded OP

I guess Ill do that. I really do not want to wait any longer, but I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

New hardware often has a smell like that when you open the packagine. It's fine and you're being paranoid.

Worst case scenario it short circuits (all modern components have fail safes to prevent anything dangerous) and you return it under warranty. Which probably won't happen.

Plug it in and turn it on, dipshit. It's just glue, what do you think is going to happen?

Go to a local store. 9/10 times, they will price match

did you try turning it off and back on again?

First of all your a retard. Silicone is a semi conductor its not a good conductor or insulator but is still conductive, another thing you didn't realize is most silicon is doped with a element to make it extremely conductive by making it either have an open hole in the covenant bonding or and extra electron in the atoms valence shell this makes it extremely good at passing on current which would be bad as a power supply is made in a way that it needs to reliably transfer and convert ac current into dc current and anything that bypasses any filtering is bad for your components

see

It's okay, tbh asking Sup Forums isn't going to get you far with electrical questions like these. And Sup Forums is retarded. The people who know the answer only want to fuck with you. I say you still you put it your microwave and see if that fixes the problem though. :^)

trolololol

POS PSU.

Who cares? Fuck you.

2017, not having a SeaSonic PSU