What is our purpose?

What is our purpose?

there is no set purpose.
we each need to make our own individual purpose in life.

you pass butter

why?

it's repeating digits

To find one.

what the fuck

is it just to survive or is there more? why do it if we die in the end?

is that leu gardens?

no

Our purpose is to question our purpose, lumbering around aimlessly asking what the point of doing anything is, that is the key to prosperity and perpetual happiness.

there is none. we are beings with little entropy, that evolved and developed a consciousness. we are the result of natural "random" processes that we don't yet fully comprehend

Is this the get thread?

if our purpose is to question our purpose then what happens if we lose our purpose? what becomes of person when they are void of purpose?

we are here because of reproduction. biologically speaking our "purpose" is to reproduce, but the universe doesn't care whether you do it or not. it is just a natural process that we innately follow

To die in Brazil

>we are beings with little entropy
what are your thoughts behind this? i've heard this before in a different way, and have never been able to remember what the point or context was exactly. some philosophical idea that the formation of life is the only thing in the universe with an entropy close to 0.

?

it is, in fact, a get thread

they kill themselves.

your thinking. its straight.

good for you.

i think i will.

because we are "ordered" beings. we "capture" energy and matter, and keep it in one place (our bodies). This is why we have low entropy.
High entropy measures the amount of disorder in a system

No, don't!

We dont have one other than what we give ourselves. As for myself I try to show my corner of the world compassion, kindness, and empathy in the hope that some of it will be passed on and returned.

Currently working on creating a world dominating army.

complete order until there is none. precipitate the next big bang.

I wonder if you could prove your idea that humans have an entropy close to 0...

ignore tge word high on the second paragraph. I put it by mistake

Assuming our primary drive from the day our evolution process began was to survive, multiply and spread, I'd have to say the purpose of life, or our purpose, is quite simply to survive.

no, to survive long enough to reproduce

Think of it as a big game, with different rounds of difficulties, ie hurricanes, earthquakes, meteors, floods, plagues, disease, murder. When it comes down to all that, and the future, the one thing going through your head will likely be "survive" "don't die"

to survive in a species in general, I never specified any individual, reproduction is a part of that.

That is the "old" concept of life, it don't apply to humans anymore, cuz the only way to bring humanity down is by an apocalyptic event, or we will be there till the sun explodes or earth get too fucked to support life.

anyways, the most basic way of life for humanity now is simply to live as much as you can before you die, and support humanity if the shit hits the fan in your lifetime.

k

Make babies and die

we end up alone in the end. why should we do anything?

humanity is just an extension of life which is just an extension of the universe. we are lucky enough to observe. maybe one day the universe can affect itself

why wouldn't it apply to us? we are biological beings like dogs, lions or monkeys. Just because we think of ourselves as superior it doesn't mean we are free of the reality of evolution and natural selection.

sure, you can fuck like a monkey and have lots of kids, but that isn't the main goal of humanity anymore, we evolved, and our concept of life goes further than just to fulfill our natural needs, like it or not we are not a regular animal anymore and the shit will just get deeper as out collective intelligence advances.

to make autistic childrenz and to defend our homeland from mexico

To make sure you were not a complete waste for the planet to raise.
To put in more than you take out.
To make a significant difference in multiple people lives, typically through the pursuit of some dream, hobby, passion, etc.
Lastly to be with nature.