AMSP

>AMSP
Nearly a year since its release date, I'm beginning to think this will become more and more appreciated. I liked it at first, then went on to thinking it's a bit boring, but relistening after a long while I think the quality of this album is seriously understated. Top 3 Radiohead for me I think, what are your thoughts on it nearly a year on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fMnh5Tn8aeM
twitter.com/radiohead/status/859044764389453829
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

really bland

It's a masterpiece

it's definitely better than the 4 albums that came before it imo, i'd say its their 2nd or 3rd best honestly

It's one of thier worst albums although I think theyre all good listens.

There should have been less angst across the album, like something that was done with in rainbows for example. Instead they went for a depressing theme again and even there jammy tunes like decks dark are a bit dull to listen too.

I simply can't listen to depressing songs one after another and feel good. Surely it's powerful and all but when it comes to listening to it frequently, it can't be done

I miss the bass and drum lines, and the guitar solos
Radiohead is too Thom Yorke now, has been since In Rainbows

Did you not listen to the album or...

Totally, Jonny Greenwood is the most talented Radiohead musician but he just can't be heard on the last few albums.

Another awesome addition to their catalog. They have one of the best four album streaks in popular music (TB --> A) and now two stellar releases in addition.

who else would push this album to be so orchestral ?

honest question, what makes tkol stellar to you?

No, In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool are stellar. Honestly, I like the remixed tkol more the original. I should listen to it again, though.

remixed TKOL is gold.
youtube.com/watch?v=fMnh5Tn8aeM
one of my favorite remixes, ever

I get missing the band based approach from In Rainbows etc. but let's not mince words here; TKOL and AMSP are both the most "Johnny Greenwood" albums in Radiohead's entire discography.

I think it's really good. 8/10, not quite on the same level as In Rainbows, but better than TKOL, HTTT and Amnesiac.

I hated the album version of True Love Waits at first but now I think it's the superior version

Am the only person who feels
AMSP > A > IR

Speaking of Radiohead they just posted some cryptic shit on twitter
twitter.com/radiohead/status/859044764389453829

In Rainbows > Kid A > TKOL > Amnesiac > The Bends > AMSP >>>anything else.

not too cryptic, just reaffirms some shit is going down for the OKC 20th anniversary

wtf

jonnys presence in the album is massive

>phoneposter
>radiohead

why am i surprised

I went through a lot of different opinions on this. AT first, I thought it was their best work since at least HttT. But after seeing them live, and how shitty the songs translated, and how detached they seemed to be to it, it left a terrible taste in my mouth.

Its cut from the same cloth as IR and OKC, and at least has a lot more experimentation than IR, so that give's it a slight edge.

So the Late Radiohead career scores would be:
HttT: 9/10 (10 live, through footage I looked at when I was way younger.)
IR: 7/;10 (6 Live)
TKoL: 8.5/10 (11 live, this fucking shit was bonkers)
AMSP:7.5/10 (5 live)

I find it amazing that even then, they still put out songs that are some of the greatest in their history. This time Ful Stop was fucking GOAT. Daydreaming and Tinker Tailor are great too, among others.

TLDR it's ok.

Agree, same experience with me.

What a shitty, uninformed opinion. This was with out a doubt Johnny's album musically, only Thom's lyrically. There's even the only solo he's recorded in a decade in there.

As far as bass and drums, theres a lot of great shit in there too that are remnants of the King of Limbs era, like Ful Stop.

I'm not even saying they are good or not, but you are just flat out wrong.

I think it is really really good and it will stick through time like the classics.

I honestly feel like that TKOL is the only real band based approach since HttT. Its just that on top of it, everything got looped to hell and back, which honestly made it amazing.

Thoms singing is top notch, and no doubt had a strong hand in making the songs, but the rest of the band is way more present than in IR and even AMSP. Colin and Phil especially.

Thats why if felt it was so refreshing, after IR was all about butt rock and guitar work from Thom Ed and Johnny. KOL was all production and groovy shit.

>comparing radiohead to classical

I mean Radiohead albums

radiohead is pop tripe. go read a book and dont respond to me again

DECKS DARK FTW

>shitposting on Sup Forums
>tells someone to read a book

Lift confirmed?

>better than in rainbows

Worst album of them all

> a year

time fucking flies.

Daydreaming is good, it doesn't fit the theme of the album. it fucks the momentum up a little. I used to think of this album is an In Rainbows 2, but shitty, but the less energetic style of this album is actually brilliant.

There's this dissonance between thom singing and the band that I like, I think he was too synchronised with some tkol tracks.

I love Daydreaming. If anything doesn't fit the theme of the album it's Burn The Witch

Radiohead is an overrated band whose only above average album was kid a, which despite its wonderful instrumentation manages to sound samey and bland due to poor songwriting and obnoxious vocals.

Top 3
Kid A
In Rainbows
TKOL

Fight me.

The only thing Sup Forums reads is the scores on melon man's album reviews

It's a great opener. It's kind of like Bjork Post opening with an unfitting track that sets the tone for everything else. Day Dreaming feels like it saturates that affect, even if it's my favourite track id rather if it wasn't there. It makes the album frontloaded.

You've reading comprehension is terrible jesus. Proving once again that just cause you listen to classical does not mean you're inherently intelligent.

tkol sucks

People listen to classical to feel like they're intelligent.

stop

wtf, TKOL is all Thom, AMSP is all Jonny
Thom likes the electronic loops n shit, like on The Eraser and AFP
Jonny literally writes film scores

what about in rainbows, newfag?