youtube.com/watch?v=7gEz_EEESJs
stratoblogster.com/2016/10/guitar-tone-why-everything-matters.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nK2lfs_uiwk
youtube.com/watch?v=7LYfaCYg4Is
youtube.com/watch?v=CsL6X8uG9-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related

Guys.
Friendly reminder to buy Alien Amps/Cabs, handmade to top specifications in Brazil using only the best components.

/gg/ is finally dead

Started playing some CHON and some of the chords are a strain to play.
Will my wrists ever get used to it?

No, never
Shit in your hands and set your hands on fire, that should help

Proof hardwork pays off

i would shit on my hands and rub it on my chest if someone buy me a Focusrite interface

If you're willing to do that for shitty entry level gear I could only imagine what you'd do for something not marketed to teenagers and broke blooz dads

i dont care whatever "level" it is considered, its good enough to do what i want: record without shitty asio lag, send monitor output to the real amp while it records DI, and improve daw mixing performance

Ignore the troll recording through his onboard Realtek. Focusrite is a pretty cool guy, eh records with direct monitoring and doesn't afraid of anything.

If you say so

would you buy me a focusrite for a real life shit on your hands and rub it on your chest meme

I wouid but you'd probably cheat and use Nutella

No, but I'll buy you a rope and teach you to tie a noose

i am the realtek guy btw
it's working but it started making a 14k noise on both inputs and i have to notch it out with an EQ whenever i record shit
plus it doesnt do the input monitoring an interface can

i record the shitting part for proof

you will see the shit coming out of my ass straight into my hands

I don't understand how this thread keeps getting worse. Every time I think it's hit rock bottom something new makes me realize that there's still room to fall.

It's glorious.

samefag

any recs on classical songs to learn? (something on classtab maybe) nothing too hard

>there are "people" ITT that listen to guitar music unironically

Led Zep's Stairway to heaven

>7 posters
>20 posts
>10 posts is 1 samefag
>6 posters doing the other 10 posts

Talentless hack

samefag

led zeppelin is not classical bro

Yeah, also that shit-tier 60s guitar.
What a faggot

would bang

Ok, then Hendrix's Little wing or maybe some Doors

>faggot
That's not grimes

No, it's Samuel

you meen its not you cause your faggot

YOU COME OVER AND SAY THAT TO ME BROTHER! I HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE YOUVE BEEN TAKING YOUR VITAMINS AND SAYING YOUR PRAYERS!

>I cannot Engli
>I also cannot into guitar

who here can emulate albert king or bb king

THAT WOULD BE ME BROTHER! THE ONE AND ONLY HULKSTER CAN DO JUSTICE TO THE LEGENDS. I FEAR NO MAN, BEAST, OR PENTATONIC LICK! OH YEAH!

any 12 year old who knows the pentatonic scale in A

>talentless hacks edition

youtube.com/watch?v=7gEz_EEESJs

This kind of tone is very common with electric guitar but I've never managed to get my small beginner's pack guitar/amp combo sounding anything like it. Do you get the smooth and fat sound by way of some effect?

No matter what I do with my amp I just get that tinny, fuzzy sound

but that's childish idiotic shit

Friendly reminder that the wood has nothing to do with the tone.

friendly reminder that body wood absorbs string resonance at different frequencies thereby modifying the sound of the string and the sound reproduced by the pickups

Hahah easy there buddy ^^

You're making it too easy, son.

stratoblogster.com/2016/10/guitar-tone-why-everything-matters.html

>JAPAN
BETTER WATCH YOURSELF THERE BROTHER! THIS IS ABOUT THE GOOD OL RED, WHITE, BLUE AND ALL THE LITTLE HULKAMANIACS WHO ONLY DESERVE THE BEST!

That's just some retarded person's blog.
If you got say, an Epiphone Les Paul and changed all the parts that are in contact with the strings, that being the bridge assembly, saddles, nut and tuners, as well as the pickups, to that of a Gibson Les Paul, it would sound the exact same as the Gibson. Wood has nothing to do with it once everything happens within a closed system. The wood does not affect the vibration of the strings because it's never in contact with the strings in any way, and it only vibrates because the parts that are in contact with the strings vibrate. Any dampening going on happens because of those parts, the saddle, bridge, nut, etc.

Many softer metal bands have the same kind of tone on lead guitar, I just chose that video since I think it really shows what I'm talking about.

My amp goes from clean -> grating punk trash when I turn the drive knob, doesn't matter if I turn down treble and increase bass at the same time, I can't seem to get get the thicc electric sound.

What's your tuning?

Standard electric guitar tuning I guess?

wrong

Dropping the tuning a few steps can help with that.

You're obviously so retarded it's a miracle you can even type on a keyboard.

try changing the body wood

PUNK ROCK AND GANG CULTURE IS DESTROYING THIS GREAT COUNTRY BROTHER! YOU OWE IT TO YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER TO WANT BETTER FOR YOURSELF! STAY IN SCHOOL BROTHER!

Stop trollerizing me

Scratch that, what kind of amp do you have? Any effects in front of it? If so, lose the Metal Zone.

Chinese 10w starter pack solid state amp

Well...There's your problem.

The local repair guy I take my guitars to also builds custom guitars, he laughs in peoples' faces when they specify a body wood.

>hurr durr
thats why you suck at guitar

Sure, but can the generic soft and fat tone in that video be put down to one single effect? Am I guaranteed to be get that kind of tone with just about any decent amp or do I have to look for one with a special knob on it?

>tfw got used to fat neck and high action of shitty nylon acoustic and ballsy lespou and can't fucking grip my thin ass strat anymore

Because believing that it affects tone is retarded.
I wouldn't laugh in their faces because of the specification of the body wood, however.
Maybe they just want a natural finish. And that's cool. I'd like to have something like that.

Nah, you'd have to play around with the settings, as well as the pickup selector. In the video, it sounds like there is some sort of soft overdrive going on, I don't know. That may be a place to start.

>CHINA
I TOLD YOU ONCE BROTHER BUT YOU WANTED TO SEE HOW FAR YOU COULD PUSH THE HULKSTER! WELL THAT'S NOT VERY FAR BROTHER! WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?!?!

Righto, thanks. Do you think a cube amp could emulate it?

>muh blooz
>muh utter lack of creative thought
>muh I improvise all the time
>muh up and down the fucking blues scale over the same three chords all day every day

As in Roland Cube? I have no idea what those amps can even do.

Yeah, alright. Guess I want to search for a solid state amp at least.

if thats true, then why my strat sounded shitty thin and lacking after
>gfs bridge with nice steel saddles and big block (probably not steel but still big)
>nice 57/62 pickups set
>nice bone nut
>bridge set tight to the body with 5 strings to prevent that floyd rose type thin sound

I do think my Marshall MG could do it with enough fucking around.

I'm guessing it's because you fucked up. Or because that's the way Stratocasters sound unless you put humbuckers in them. Single coil pickups sound like ass, no matter how expensive they were.

to be honest, I like Jimi because he was so based, not because of his music
youtube.com/watch?v=nK2lfs_uiwk

right, you got it
here's more:
>i cant

that sound can be achieved with a high pass EQ on your amp's recorded sound

over drive pedals make that smooth top end distortion youre wanting
like tubescreamer and boss' orange and yellow ones

epiphones are fucking great. throw some good pickups in there and you have a great sound. you could use that as a studio guitar if you wanted with no one who could tell a difference.

it's seriously not hard to get good sound out of a shitty guitar, especially a modded one. wood has almost nothing to do with it, you can youtube this shit people, it's not hard, there are sound comparison challenges on there that prove that fact pretty much without a doubt.

now feel and look, that's a different story. a shitty guitar is just not going to feel as good or as enjoyable to play. google the rob chapman/andertons comparison videos and they can always tell which guitars they're playing from how they feel, pretty much spot on each time. the higher end guitars just feel so much nicer to hold and play.

stop the god damned wood debate unless you're prepared to make video proof to prove your point. if you like high-end guitars that's fine, they have their benefits. if you want to justify a low-end purchase, you totally can as well, you can get great sound either way.

also fuck I'm not helping am I

fucking no dude
i played other strats and none of them sounded as weak
my friend's squier alder-body with generic squier alnico pickups sounds much richer and lively
and these pickups arent overwound ones, dont guess that

i fucked up how?

my strat is basswood body, forgot to mention

Get the ur22

>i fucked up how?
I don't know, you are an industrial strength retard, so there are tons of ways you could have fucked it up. And wood had nothing to do with it.

not only good pickups, you have to put a proper Gibson Toanbridge on it

>the higher end guitars just feel so much nicer to hold and play
how does that work? good fret job and stuff or something more vague?

lel retardation
no, its not fucked up and its properly set up.

>higher end guitars feel nicer
I don't get where he's coming from either. I guess it is the fretwork and the tuners, and all that, but overall, they feel the same, unless it's a total piece of shit.

amp model pls

G O R I L L A
O
R
I
L
L
A

ode to joy, something people recgonize so they dont just hear a bunch of notes when you play it

i'm looking for a cheap old tube radio with p10 input to plug a guitar into

Don't remember but it's a noname with drive, bass, treble and master

Thanks.

get an overdrive pedal and run it into your amp set clean
or get another amp. some amps have that smooth distortion, others have it harsh, you'll have to try them up or watch videos. the marshall MGs user mentioned does that smooth sound.

post guitars that scream JAPAN

>90 posts
>17 posters
mmm

Am I the only one who gets fuckin tight in the back when playing guitar?
anyone also plays with his right shoulder as hard as Odins dick?
what the fuck is wrong with me?

I can only speak for having owned both a low-end and high-end fender strat (not anything special, just a american texas special), it's how the neck feels sliding your hand up and down with the curvature of the back of the neck, the feel of the frets and the fret board, and all of those little proportions add up.

Here's a video of a guy who compares a shitty chinese squire strat versus a custom shop high-end fender. Note that they sound identical, and the guy can play them well, but at the end of the video, he distinctly says that he felt like he was fighting the low-end and that it just didn't feel nice to play, where as the high-end felt wonderful, almost like it would play itself:
youtube.com/watch?v=7LYfaCYg4Is

Lots of videos like that on youtube, just look around. Again the chapman videos where they do comparisons of squire to fenders, or epiphones to les pauls, they can always tell the difference in terms of how they feel.

Here's the chapman video on epiphones versus les pauls, they nail them every time just based on how they feel:
youtube.com/watch?v=CsL6X8uG9-U

Gibson™ Forever

Poor betas need not apply

>but i need a 7-string, i play meta....

Theres your problem cuckboi.

I guess I can see that. It's kind of weird, however, the last time I was looking for a new guitar, the mid-range ones felt better than the high-end ones. I really don't know what the fuck was going on there.

You'll never need more than 6 strings. Even for metal.

wtf the beginning, he fet job'd the fender but didn't on the squier

also they dont sound identical though, the fender is brighter and more open sounding, the squier has more muddy low mids and less treble. a good set of fender pickups would make it sound identical to the fender though

>Gibson™ Forever on the verge of bankruptcy

ftfy

Only shit metal uses more than 6 strings