I work at a company that makes the carbon fiber I-beams that go in these bad boys, ask me anything

I work at a company that makes the carbon fiber I-beams that go in these bad boys, ask me anything

what's the most amount of floor you've swept in one day?

Do you work at a company that makes the carbon fiber I-beams that go in these bad boys?

Can I ask you something?

I love the look of the Vestas turbines with the cooler top.
Nice sporty look

Have you ever jizzed on any of 'em in any state of production?

Do you touch yourself at night?

I work for a company that does the erection of Vestas turbines. These things are so fucking awesome

If a blade gets racked, do you come out and do the repairs with the Vestas commissioning team?

Can jet fuel melt them?

Lower or upper case

We make the carbon fiber plates that then get made into the I-beams. Ask away.

No, but I've jerked off in the bathroom at work.

That's actually fascinating, I can't believe I have no questions

Yes and No, my boss sometimes goes to the sites, but I don't deal with that, technically it's not our problem.

Our resin has a high temperature flash point, so I'm thinking it might start them on fire, but they won't burn very well.

how mutch does 1 blade weigth?

Depend on the design, but around 10k pounds

Are you ever allowed to make any personal things, like something for your self out of extra carbon fiber?

I can't use the oven, but I'm using the waterjet to make a set of digitigrade stilts.

Cutting all the parts and getting it ready to assemble.

Is the oven used to cure or set the carbon fiber?

yeah, that's my plan

Well, this is prepreg, so the resin is already in the fiber. Once it goes through the bake cycle it is hard as a rock. I'm not sure what you mean by cure or set it.

if a blade has defects, how do you scrap it?

I never understood carbon fibre, ive seen some that tough as old boots but some also as flimsy as fuck? Please explain

>set
>cure
I figured you shaped the carbon fiber, then maybe put it in the oven to harden it.

is it easy to work with in general?
how easy is it to bring these plates into form?
how do the plates get anchored together in the final construction?

We throw it in landfills. . . Do you think we are better then other companies?

It is probably unidirectional fiber, so I the main direction we are 10 times stronger than steel, but in the 90 degree direction I can break it by hand

they are vacuum formed, so getting them to sit together isn't too hard. We have a very strong epoxy that holds them together.

Before you say the epoxy is weak, we have a 150kN tensile machine at my plant, and we are not allowed to test the epoxy on it because it could break the machine.

do i understand you right?
so the final parts get glued together outside your factory at the place where the wind turbine shall stand?

Not OP, but had some lectures about carbon fibre manufacturing. The beams are made out of prepregs (pre-impregnated carbon fibres with non-cured resin), in the oven air pressure is applied to compact the prepreg to the mould and the tempereature is increased, allowing the resin to flow slightly and the curing reaction to start. The flow helps to eliminate air bubbles (voids) in the resin. Then you just wait until the resin has cured, depressurise the oven and take out the part.