any tips for techno producer?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-393639928
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Produce a different genre for starters.

techno? heck no

what's wrong with techno?

all EDM is shit

nothing, they probably listen to some microhouse garbage like jon hopkins or something

NOOObody listens to techno!

Anyway, I assume by your OP image that you mean real detroit techno. That being the case, your image is going to matter.

Real techno is a retro genre. People listen to real detroit techno as opposed to modern electronic music because they like its authenticity. They like the idea of big black dudes in ski masks mixing hardcore rap beats with industrial and house elements.

I assume that you are not a big black man in a ski mask. There's not much of a market for smart white guys with laptops rehashing the sounds of detroit techno. So my advice to you is to try to disguise your project as some kind of recently-unearthed-from-1986 kinda' thing. You know how people do that? Lie?

I think you should lie and pretend like your music was made by a big black man from Grand Rapids, Michigan whose stage name was Metro Mafia or something and put a lot of work into making your music and packaging seem circa-1986.

This is really on point

>metalfans

Don't you have homework to finish?

examples of this big black dudes in ski masks mixing hardcore rap beats with industrial and house elements? This sounds rad

Underground Resistance

I listen to (good) metal and like (good) techno

those guys are probably mastodon or jesu fans at most

>techno
>EDM
choose 1

also inb4 "its electronic and you dance to it" EDM means a very specific kind of shit commercial dance music created by stupid pards (and scandinavian people for some reason)

dj stingray, mad mike banks, blake baxter etc

are you into industrial techno? perc, truss, ansome, AnD etc? I'm not into metal myself rly but there seems to be some crossover between the harder/faster end of techno and metal
makes sense really

buy a 909 or get an emulator
download legowelt's sample packs he's made so many
turn all the lights off in your room and smoke a strong joint before producing

yeah I love and

I'm not a metalhead either but once I put oldschool death metal in my industrial techno set thinking it'd fit feel of the music yet not being as obvious as power electronics for likes of regis and such especially

metal is more like speedcore than industrial techno really

>They like the idea of big black dudes in ski masks mixing hardcore rap beats with industrial and house elements

next time you type a bunch of shit make sure it isn't fucking retarded

speedcore is more like an electronic equivalent of grindcore or something I feel, not that you can actually compare one to another

wtf are you talking about

check this out. i'm producing not so long but here it is
soundcloud.com/user-393639928

not a fan of that sort of music tbqh senpai but i think it sounds sufficiently gritty

make a song that goes like this unch unch unch unch unch pparty peopllllle