Robert Wyatt is one of rock's true geniuses

>Robert Wyatt is one of rock's true geniuses.

>His private persona erupted on Rock Bottom (1974), one of rock music's supreme masterpieces, a veritable transfiguration of both rock and jazz. Its pieces straddle the unlikely border between an intense religious hymn and a childish nursery rhyme. Along that imaginary line, Wyatt carved a deep trench of emotional outpouring, where happiness, sorrow, faith and resignation found a metaphysical unity. The astounding originality of that masterpiece, and its well-crafted flow of consciousness, were never matched by Wyatt's later releases.

Do you agree with Scaruffi? Is Rock Bottom/Robert Wyatt great?

the fact that

>smooth jazz with muppet voices

wow yeah greatest masterpiece wyatt4ever

Rock Bottom is god damn fantastic. That said Scaruffi isn't right about much else.

it impresses me how Sup Forums can make anything and everything sound like shit

yeah, rock bottom is great. wyatt is stalinist cunt though, it's a shame.

>wyatt is a stalinist
you just increased my respect for tenfold

He is correct, as always.

Rock Bottom is a masterpiece yes

Never "got" that album. Faust is easily the best of his 9.5s imo

Rock Bottom is brilliant yeah, Ivor Cutler coming on at the end is one of my favourite moments in any album

agreed

faust > tmr > RB

faust > rb > tmr imo

yeah I never got Rock Bottom either. it's pretty boring and uninteresting to me.

>alife my larder
>9.5/10

this

Considering how weird Soft Machine was, and the fact that Scaruffi loves weird shit, Rock Bottom definitely wasn't the musical dada shitposting I expected. It's an incredible work nonetheless

>it's a newfag experiencing scariffo for the first time episode

Anybody else here who thinks TMR is pretty shit but loves the rest of his Top 5?

>"anyone else here stupid like me?"

yeah what
>tvu&n is good but trout mask isn't
hahahahaha!