Tiger Trap

Let's discuss this album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LCaDPyPd48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

other than eight wheels everything on this album is perfect

i wanna fuck it

There's not much to discuss. It's a good twee album. Now go check out Rose's other bands.

Feels like being hugged and spun around

Love that and Go Sailor a lot

It makes me feel like a teenage girl

I wore the shit out of this album back in high school and college. Now it makes me feel like a ephebophile listening to it because the whole album sounds like two 15 year old girls exploring their sexuality.

I don't listen to the Softies either.

Alright you asked for it. Twee thread.

we also would have accepted
>By The Way, this is a twee thread now

What went wrong?

I was trying to be more original about it.

Its so fucking good ahhhhh

recommend me something great that isn't at all connected to the big names of twee
i want to get out of my wratten/melberg/fletcher/sarah rut

Hey, best twee albums? I want to know more about this genre

if i had to distill it to 5 albums:
1. tiger trap - s/t
2. heavenly - vs satan (it's not their best, but it's their most twee)
3. v/a - air balloon road
4. the field mice - snowball + singles
5. beat happening - s/t

Adding onto the other user's suggestions:

Cub - Come Out, Come Out
Go Sailor - s/t
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - s/t
Rocketship - A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness
The Softies - Holiday in Rhode Island

thank you booys

this album is sooooo innocent

I want to take the album's virginity.

Have you listened to their influences, like Orange Juice and Television Personalities? And Saint Etienne and The Magnetic Fields are great bands worth exploring that are tangibly connected to twee.

anyone have a DL link
been meaning to listen to it but the archive doesn't have any working links for it yet

the entire beat happening discography

1. You Turn Me On
2. Beat Happening
3. Black Candy
4. Dreamy
5. Jamboree

you turn me on > jamboree > s/t > music to climb the apple tree by > dreamy > black candy

>5. Jamboree

people like you don't get beat happening at all

jamboree is their best work, and one of the greatest albums of all time. only the original version of their s/t comes close.

>what is subjectivity

bro twee

check out the cannanes

more depressive than most twee pop but it's got the same kinda sound

>if you disagree with me you just don't get it
lmao
you turn me on > s/t > black candy > Jamboree > dreamy

is this album twee?

i been into it lately

bad post

twee punk
for anyone interested

Yeah. It's very clearly based on The Field Mice and Rocketship and the like.

This record is sooo innocent, that I actually felt guilty while listening to it, because I really felt that Tiger Trap deserved to lose their virginity to a much prettier guy. I feel like some creepy uncle that tries hiding his registered-sex offender tag from his nieces when I listen to this album, but I take it in with great pleasure. And this stuff is really energetic, so this niece is sure to squirm all around...oooh. Yah...that's right. You take what I give to you, sweet girlie-girl yah...

Don't be fooled by the seemingly naive and innocent nature of these songs, though; each song possesses a truly epic riff with a killer guitar tone. A guitar tone that totally stomps all over the guitar tone of bands like Heavenly (whom I actually like). Each song on here is truly catch, which is something that twee pop looks past a good deal of the time (I know...blasphemy, right?). The album couldn't have started with a more perfect opener in "Puzzle Pieces"; a high-speed, and borderline-chaotic spiel from the cute lips of Angela Loy. The guitar seems like a 16-year old speeding down the highway without a license, trying to avoid cops, but knowing that whenever you're doing something illegal, the concentration of cops in that area increases by 300%. The rest doesn't let down, with epic pop ditties such as "Words and Smiles" and "Supercrush". "You and Me" is sweet enough to render me diabetic.

If you want to pop the cherry of somebody way younger and hotter than you, but know that this possibility would be virtually impossible without the use of rape, listen to Tiger Trap instead. You won't even have to go to jail that way, and you'll still get the twisted satisfaction of stealing the precious innocence of a little girl!

RYM is cancer

Hey this sounds good. Thanks for the find, user.

You ever see that meme on here where there's this hipster saying "Dude you don't get it, they sound bad on purpose"?

Beat Happening are that band, and you're that guy.

i wish this one had safety net, but it's still worth a listen

this

>he still prefers original s/t
people like you don't get beat happening at all

yeah
it's sometimes a bit too derivative for me but on the whole it's pretty good

I found the writer of that reviews YouTube channel
youtube.com/watch?v=8LCaDPyPd48

i hate nu males