Professional Astrophysicist here, ask any questions about space

Professional Astrophysicist here, ask any questions about space.
>inb4 "wow liek black science man right"
fuck you he's a fuckwad

Why the fuk won't the stars in the sky stand still?
Also why the fuk did the sun steal an hour from us? I was almost late for work roday

how long would it take to get to the 3 earth like planets that were discovered by NASA recently?

Explain why vacuum in space isn't empty? What's causing supposed fiction and why? Can we somehow tall into it for energy purposes?

>read about it in some space related article and it caught my attention.

of course he is, he just writes about what other people do.

Tap* into it

trappist 1

Is it true that in order to make a wormhole for FTL travel, something has to fly faster than light to create the wormhole?

can we at least predict what caused The Big Bang?

how the LHC contributed to what we know about the beginning of universe?

You understand just how far apart everything is. Do you get angry when you hear idiots like Elon Musk claim they'll be living on Mars in ten years' time?

OP here.
Everythings moving. Sorry. Sun has black spots, thats why it steals.
Let me do some math. A good estimate is that we can keep a camera going at 100k mph and trappist-1 is 40 light years away.. 235.2 trillion miles. 2,352,000 years

how do you feel about pair production that isnt covered by the standard model

currently doing second order corrections for the process g + u -> t + gamma, typically forbidden as there is no gluon to carry off the color charge but it is an observable process that apparently happens anyway

>Sun has black spots, thats why it steals.
Your reply exceeded my expectations, carry on sir.

Op here again. cant travel faster than light bud. There are theories though. And wormholes aren't proven.
i just realized my math fucked on my other post. its not 2m years im retarded. thats the hours. itd take 268 years. Im sorry.once again. more theories. but in laymans terms the big bang was a bunch of stuff super pressed down and then woosh it exploded and a while later planets n shiet. I believe it's possible if all resources were devoted to it.

Explain how is there more energy in empty space than exists in all known matter?

>I believe it's possible if all resources were devoted to it.

i admire your faith in humanity, even if i don't share it. when i see people in Rwanda murdering each other with machetes, i wonder if humanity SHOULD spread to other planets.

perhaps maybe we might look at fixing the grievous faults in humanity first. not as exciting as riding into space on top of a can full of kerosene and liquid oxygen, but there you go.

op here. this is fun
i dont like it. considering i barely passed college. :P. standard models for standard bitches man.

nigger wat

About wormholes, do the theories tell if they occur naturally, and can they be created somehow?

I don't look at humanity from a social perspective. I look at it from a animal perspective. If we're the only animal that can conquer other planets then fuck yeah we're gonna conquer all of it and put a mcdonalds on every.single.one.

So is there artificial geometrically precise structures on the moon or not?

damn it nigger you have no idea how much the notion of failure to conserve color charge hurts my brain

does it also make you angry that an orgo chem fuckboy had the nerve to tell me photons have mass and used the phrase "heavy photon" unironically, several times?

we're also animals that rape and eat our own young while pretending we are the noblest creation of God. i think i'd rather see these guys running the universe. they don't lie to themselves about how noble they are.

you mean like the laser reflector mirrors left by the Apollo astronauts? the ones that bounce laser beams back? the ones that can't possibly exist in nature, and have to have been placed there, and which constitute proof that the lunar landings weren't faked?

guess so.

How do you determine the temperature of empty space, given the absence of matter?

>>inb4 "wow liek black science man right"
>fuck you he's a fuckwad

First question: why would an actual astrophysicist say this and make himself sound like a douche?

ok this made me laugh. screenshot this and call him dumb. Photons are light. light only travels at the speed of light (fastest thing in the universe!) because the speed of an object is limited by its mass. It travels the fastest because it doesnt have mass. Amazing right. But, I can see how he can say a heavy photon, those dont exist, but hes probably talking about different color light.

How could space expand? There is something in vacuum to expand? The Universe is expandig wverywhere, but what is exactly expanding?

why is the universes expansion speeding up?

How can there be galaxies 90billion lightyears apart when the universe is onl like 14 billion years old?

OP, would you say that it would be possible to colonize mars?

What a fucking retarded dipshit you are. Calling ndgt stupid then talking like a 13 y/o claiming to be good at anything sciene related. Fuck off and kys

Or prove youre not a fag

Op.
you use a thermometer
yes.
Sorry. I really dont like NGT. But i guess hes a positive influence on the younger generation.

Is this the biggest known black hole?

It's expanding into space....you fucking imbecile.

Thermometer is made of matter you cuck, and also it would be heated from from any radiation, given theres radiation.

No matter means no temperature. You cant measure whats not there. Jesus thats like high school physics.

No, retard. The space itself is in expansion. Not matter expanding into space.

OP.
It just does. science man.
the universe.
im not going to pretend to be anything botany related. Ill leave that to someone else. But yeah I think it's possible
sorry its hard to take a selfie while using the hubble telescope like a surfboard.

I would kinda think the biggest know black hole is your moms vagina

If you put a thermometer into empty space, does it just radiate its existing energy away? If so, down to what temperature?

Yeah i was just making a dad joke. I apologize.yes. I hope there are larger ones. I want to specialize more in black holes. shits dope.

>>inb4 "wow liek black science man right"
he is some dweep that worked his whole career droning up other ppls findings, he has knowledge but no intelligence.
Any one could gather that by the frequency of his speech.

no, im talking about the TOWER OF BABEL

is flat earth theory true ?

Do you believe in Everett's many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, and have you encountered anything related to his theory in your work? Also how hard is it to find work in the field, I'm planning on getting a masters in physics after I'm done with mech engineering.

Nothing beyond theoretically the planck scale in today's universe, too unstable to be held up on macro scales without exotic matter due to it's precariously balanced energy