Tfw was really vibing with a girl at a party and the conversation drifted to music and after hesitation I mentioned...

>tfw was really vibing with a girl at a party and the conversation drifted to music and after hesitation I mentioned liking shoegaze
>she had never heard of it before so asked me to show her my favorite song in the genre
>tfw showed her When You Sleep because it seemed like a good balance between accessible and good
she hasn't responded to my messages yet and its been 2 days what did I do wrong

I should have just said I liked indie

Lmao yeah shoe gaze is for fags

Normies, particularly women actively dislike shoegaze. You made a terrible mistake.

>mfw no free jazz and contemporary classical gf

I feel you, user. If anyone asks what music I like and I say shoegaze, I get told that it sounds retarded.

Trust me, if she liked you to begin with, music taste would have absolutely zero impact on how much she likes you.
Shoegaze is nirvana tier in terms of being alt-normie

maybe she just aint got nothin to say homie

>animefaggot spills his pasta
nothing to see here. an extra fuck you for making a shitty blogpost about it on Sup Forums. fuck right off back to /r9k/ you weeb beta faggot

avant teen girls are easy to find

how does a person like you end up on Sup Forums

>if she liked you to begin with, music taste would have absolutely zero impact on how much she likes you.
yeah this

if a chad looking dude said he liked shoegaze it wouldn't matter whatsoever because he's chad

get over yourself op, youre not that special

not where i live, they all listen to joy division and smiths

This.
Sometimes it really makes me think if its possible to find someone who likes shoegaze.
Has anyone find people like this IRL??

i come here to talk about music, not 16 year olds failing at picking up chicks and them blogging about it to anonymous strangers

I have a decent amount of friends who are into it but thinking about it very few of them are women for whatever reason

Nobody listens to music here go back to Gaia

should have showed her Soon, probably your shit taste that scared her off

Where do you live? Metalcore bands are the most out there music girls by me listen to. And even that's rare.

I thought about playing soon but asking someone to intently listen to something they aren't sure if they'll like for 7 minutes during a party seemed unreasonable

>When You Sleep

nigga, just send Only Shallow or I Only Said, they are more accessible and digestible (I would even say they are better), hell even Come In Alone is better than sending When You Sleep. The melody can make people dislike the song easily (personally, I don't like it)
Also, if you think of yourself as well-versed in music, the better question is always asking what the other person likes first, so you can get a feeling about what you can send. If they bring up the question first, just say you like lots of music and bring up 'what do YOU like?' immediately.

she likes Lana del Rey, Adele or Lorde? Well, you can send whatever dream pop or female pop-ish musician you like
she likes hip-hop? tell her you like Wu-Tang, Nas or whatever
etc...

known a lot of girls with decent taste but always end up being sjw retards that i cant stand talking to

>Not realising that r9k's presence is everywhere on Sup Forums.
Take a chill pill