Why so much hate?

Why so much hate?

naked isn't a meme album so i hate it

Sup Forums hates the talking heads? Well fuck that. Undoubtedly one of the best bands of the last few decades.

Little Creatures is good. On the others they started sounding like imitations of themselves. Like there's nothing offensive about them ostensibly, but put them up against the previous 6 albums and they sound markedly enervated.

no, just these three albums

But Little Creatures and True Stories aren't that bad.
But their first 4 albums and Stop Making Sense and literally Sup Forumscore. What the hell are you thinking?

the albums are uninspired and stagnated stuff. talking heads forgot how to repeat themselves. they needed uproot their sound entirely but instead they went on to take complete shit. actually the answer is commercial success with single songs and being crowded by small ideas.

little creatures also sucks dick, tom tom club are much more worth your time

I mean I like Little Creatures but that's because my dad had it on tape when i was a kid and we'd listen to it in his 1986 Monte Carlo on our way to Funcoland

Pretty much. If we're being honest there was a significant drop off from Remain in Light to Speaking in Tongues, too.

On RiL, they "embraced" Afrobeat and whatnot purely in the name of the avant-garde, but after that they started doing it just because they liked playing the music. But that made it lose purpose.

Why, though? Because it's melodic? At least LC has no conflicting pretenses like the others do.

I actually like naked a lot, def the most underrated talking heads album, but the others aren't rly bad either

I was just asking a question. I figured hating on the heads was a Sup Forums meme, like ruthlessly shitting on x-guitar company and Lou Reed.

It seemed like a sensible train of thought at the time, because critics love anything David Byrne related.

It's the Eno factor, they cut ties with him in 81. Speaking in Tongues was simply a further synthesis of Remain in Light, which is why by Little Creatures they lost the plot

I'm meh on the rest of naked, but nothing (but flowers) is srsly top 4 TH.

allow me to spoonfeed you:
the lou reed talentless hack is a meme bait thread, the first reply is "he's pointing at us" followed by "damn..."
similar to "where's Earth 1" "you're living on it" "damn"

Speaking in tongues is a good dance album but the cracks were starting to show. Little creatures and beyond are hit and miss

Yup. I've seen those threads. I just can't tell if Rickenbacker is actually shit. Everyone outside of Sup Forums says they're well built, but maybe I'm falling for Harmony Central circle jerks and they actually are shit?

True Stories is the best Talking Heads album.

PUZZLIN EVIDENCE

little creatures has great singles but for the most part is boring and contains tiher worst track of all time stay up late
true stories is about the same, wild wild life is actually one of my favorites of theirs tho
naked is great, it drags on a bit but most of the songs are really great, and again the singles are amazing, sax and violins was an excellent swan song

I like True Stories because its the soundtrack to one of my favorite movies of all time.

i liked little creatures

naked wasn't absolute shit either

all great bands have their day

it's ok

5/10
6/10
2/10

Naked is actually a terrible album.

I love Naked for its own sake. Most songs on it are highly interesting listens from an antropological standpoint and probably gave way to Byrne's artistic works of the future.

The content of Bill stil gives me the chills though, the one TH song that makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

My man, best movie ever. Have you seen This Must be the Place? Also pretty dope. I think some of the bad reception has been because the songs were only hastily performed by the Heads after originally being composed for the actors.

Go fuck yourself

Democratic Circus is good

Remain in Light spoiled Talking Heads. They set the level then never reached it again.

Little Creatures is nice. Obviously it's a bit more pop, but it's well done, and great in summer.

This movie is a masterpiece. I got high and watched it thinking I'd have a nice giggle, but ended up almost crying. It has such a beautiful melancholy to it.

>the talking heads
>the

Nothing But Flowers is a good song