Hey Sup Forumsro's is the weather currently acting very strange where you guys are...

Hey Sup Forumsro's is the weather currently acting very strange where you guys are? In the midwest of the US we've been having these very warm days 70+ degrees F(21 degrees celsius) followed by extremely cold days, 20>F (-6

Other urls found in this thread:

opensecrets.org/lobby/indusclient.php?id=E01
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuels_lobby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Iowafag here. Can confirm strangeness of weather.

Isn't the weather always weird in the Midwest? That's one of the things you guys are known for.

Its called March faggot.

eurofag reporting same conditions.
i remember having white eastern with snow all over the place 10 years ago. now we have 20°C in early march... this seems wrong.

same in NC
you best start believing in climate change

Of course we believe in climate change, dubslord. Morons don't browse Sup Forums, do they?

Dont know, havent been outside in weeks.

Currently 60 and raining here in Florida. Wtf is going on. It's been cold and wet all week.

Eurofag here. In Spain we had 28°C last thursday

Based

twin cities here, I recorded a video of snow falling while there were hardly any clouds in the sky and temp had dropped quickly in the span of about 6 hours. never seen that happen before

We need to control china's enissions. Theyre fucking murdering the planet trying to emulate the west.

China should be controlling their own goddamn emissions but we need to urge them to do so, apparently. We all share this gay earth.

Urge them with a bio weapon of plague

Bio weapons are the most based weapons, tbh. Not even trying to be edgy. They remove population with the least damage to the rest of the ecosystem, and leave cities intact.

Ya northeast here had a very warm February which is very unusual and now we are getting blasted with snowmaggedon tomorrow.

jersey here, prepping anus for random snowstorm after a week or so of good 60 degree weather

It is exactly the same here in Germany...

Everyone believes in climate change. It does it all the time. I think you're confusing it with man made global warming which is a load of paid scientific, political agenda bullshit.

MOfag here.

30F now.
Had the windows opened yesterday.

Fuck this week, it felt like 75 last thursday in nyc and theres a blizzard tomorrow

China is actually much more efficient than the us per capita, especially since they began depending on coal less, although they have a fuckton of energy needs to meet

Found the brainwashed cuck

>gay earth

Kek

Why is that? The only political agenda surrounding anthropogenic climate science is the oil lobby, which is the largest lobbying group by expenditure in the us.

opensecrets.org/lobby/indusclient.php?id=E01

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuels_lobby

Sorry to break it to ya but science isn't a political issue, energy profits are. This is the reason we see less renewable and nuclear infrastructure in this country while we still depend on coal.

Learn what milankovitch cycles and proxy data are - I don't understand it so it can't be real isn't an argument

God you are dumb, human production of CO2 makes the volcano outgassing look like a rounding error. Carbon taxes and solar are the bullshit part of it. We need to build thorium reactors everywhere and problem is solved.

Louisiana has been absolutely fucked like this for the past 2 years. Constant extreme ups and downs during unfitting seasons.
But the real concern is how hot its been getting. And it gets hotter...and hotter.

That fucking shithole was already too hot, god damn. I love visiting Louisiana in the cooler parts of the year but I could never live there.

Climate change was cancelled by the US government, this is the new normal now.

>mfw when if people that worry about climate change lived where I live they'd be in a constant state of anxiety

There is a reason the Mississippi river dumps out in Louisiana...because it's the asshole of the country...Fuck that state

It's because Trump put ass clowns into the EPA who are climate change deniers, and they completely deregulated the coal industry. It is already have a profound effect on the earth's climate.

nigga you can't even predict the weather

Sorry man, I did a lot of research. It's a false correlation. I agree the planet is warming. Co2 is s greenhouse gas to some extent but more co2 and warm weather will just make plant life thrive even more. Our planet has been very stable temperature wise. The ice caps started melting at the same rate they are now before we were pumping enough co2 to have any kind of effect. Remeber co2 also gets released from the ocean and glaciers. There are other factors involved. It's just a political ditch effort for a new tax. What we don't want is another ice age or mini ice age like in the past. They are way more devastating than a nice warm planet. Do some independent research of the ice core samples and you will see how much more the environment has been several unstable with hot and cold snaps in the past. This shit now is nothing to worry about.

Weather has been really noticeably wonky for 2-3 years here in BC Canada

Nothing more extreme than a northeast change of season in literal hours

Coal is fucked because of its particular pollutant. Co2 is ok but pollution of air and water is the real problem.

the only
>ass clowns
are the self-proclaimed intellects that do not know the first thing about historical geology, climatology or chemistry and still proclaim "facts"

More snow in Seattle than usual.

Chemtrails is real guys, wake up

Kek

It hasn't had an effect yet of course, but they'll likely become clear once he leaves office.

that's expected, regions closer to the arctic are facing the largest temperature anomaly due to climate change

This is incorrect, the last time the earth's climate rose with this high a speed was shortly after the Chicxulub meteor impact. You've been fed misinformation, I actually study oceanography and would love to know your sources for the insignificance of CO2, and then the straw man you create by discounting the effects of this CO2. There is no fucking ditch effort in science, this is what's happening, and it's time to deal with it.

+1 they are solely trying to pin it on one thing in a current trend. This is not science. No one is check the history far back enough to realize we are actually very stable right now. Fucking politicians and paid scientists. 4 billion a year to pay people to say man made co2 is the problem. That 4 billion could of fixed any problem. If people only knew

Found another brainwashed cuck

what are CHEMTRAILS ?

>ice core

Sorry man your chart is complete crap and is designed like all the others to create this illusion. Read my post again, that's still my answer. You are living a lie. So...tell me, what gonna happen to the planet when it heats up?

>because Trump
Almost stopped right there.

>they completely deregulated the coal industry
No, they simply reversed Obama's recent executive orders which were strangling the industry. Coal is much cleaner that it has ever been.

> It is already have a profound effect on the earth's climate.
Wrong. Things don't change immediately as soon as someone you don't like takes the oath of office. It takes a very long time.

Wyomingfag here (the only one). Things have been pretty normal here. Bad wind, snow storms, fluctuating temps between -23 to 50 degrees F. Nothing too out of the norm. December was a tad warm but nothing outlandish for here. The farmers almanac (which is still viable around here) said it was going to be a rather mild winter, and it has been.

>20>F (-6 20° F?

>climate change
Fucking autist. Climate change happens all the time. The simple fact that your chart only goes back to 1860 proves you're a paid shill and you probably don't even know it.

res ipsa right back at you, non-educated expert of science stuff

Fuck yeah, twin cities.

Fellow midwesterner here. I've been waiting years for an appropriate term for the end-of-winter equivalent of an "indian summer". Does anyone have something?

inb4 "spring" you fucks.

Yes OP, it's called weather.

Your research, if you did any, is shit. Our planet has been stable, temp wise, until we started burning all the coal seams that were formed before shit that ate lignin even existed. Stupid fuck. You eat up fake science on the internet and call it research. How do you manage to put on pants every day?

climate change = chemtrails
chemtrails = climate change

dumbfuck user seems to think im a climate-change hawker lmao.
consider harder.

i know this user.
why?
bc i have relevant post-grad degrees

Google: Geoengineering

Your wrong. Sorry. You're being misled by government paid science. Check the ice core data. Not the misdirected charts everyone throws around. Global warming is a natural phenomenon. So tell me what happens when it gets too warm again? I'm still waiting for this answer cause no one will give it.

Is correct.

Neanderthals burned coal in factories to bring us out of the last ice age after the dinosaurs nuked the planet into an everlasting nuclear winter. We have just gotten carried away with it.

Tennessee here. Had two almost 80 degree days last week, light snow Saturday, and another go tonight/tomorrow
It's fucking weird

same thing is happening in germany

Damn, are they actually practicing Geoengineering?

I'm clapping for your post grad degrees. Information is available to everyone. Not everyone has an unbiased mindset to make claims. So, what's going to happen when it gets too warm?

gets too warn? you really havent found the answer?

gets too warm > ice caps melt > sudden increase of fresh water in seas > stops deep atlantic conveyor > change in sea temps > winds bringing warmer weather to northern hemisphere stops > winter everywhere

yet you couldnt find that ANYWHERE? are you retarded?

This makes way more sense

it has rained the most ive ever seen in CA end of 2016 to now... pretty fuckin weird

who are 'they'?

Science isn't an opinion. When the planet heats up surface ice will melt, leading to less reflected IR radiation and further ocean temperature raise due to this negative feedback loop, leading to more land-ice and ice-shelves to melt, raising sea levels. Yeah we've all heard that before, but a larger concern is ocean acidification, when CO2 is sequestered by the ocean in rates where it forms an inordinate amount of carbonic acid, which lowers the ocean's pH and consequently erodes calcium carbonate based life such as coral reefs away, which a quarter of ocean life is dependent on. Changes in raining patterns leading to drought and crop failure alongside the failure of fishery stocks are only a few of the drawbacks we can see in this century alone. And since half the air you breath right now comes from phytoplankton, which are at risk of losing a large population as benthic foraminifera did during the Paloeocene Eocene (much slower) warming event, you wouldn't have enough oxygen to sustain multicellular life. Good for trees though.

did you see the fucking proxy ice core data in the post below retard? That's 400000 years right there, autist. This graph only shows the negligable effect of natural greenhouse gases compared to anthropogenic sources you cuck

What will happen if it gets to warm is water resources will begin to wither and crops will be harder to grow. Since most of the middle of the US would be uninhabitable due to lack of water there will be less food, less food means less people. Most of who is left will gather around coastal areas.

So the only really bad this is you will have to live with a bunch of fags in San Francisco

Oh so the real problem is an ice age and not global warming right? Cause we are late. Antarctic cap seems to be growing more though right?

the government?

>believing the man-made global warming meme

people are so stupid its funny. its weather, it changes

Science is an option when you buy it.

Midwest = Freezin with a sunburn

Ice cores show we've been relatively stable. If we warm up too much it will release methane clathrates currently locked in permafrost and deep sea beds. the release of clathrates will cause further warming as methane is a crazy greenhouse gas that makes co2 look like an amateur. Government doesn't even want to admit it is real, more lobbiest money goes to gov from oil industry by a mile than whoever you think will benefit from limiting outgassing. Follow the money, dumbshit. the real money, not what you imagine al gore will make if he forces people to buy solar.

Yeah the desert use to be an ocean....
Humans are nothing more than a pimple on this planets ass

Yup. Arkansas/Oklahoma fag here. Warm, 80 for a couple days then cold as all fuck.

It's calles Chemtrails. (((They))) use planes and chemicals to control the weather.
But (((they))) try to keep it a secret because people are dumb as fuck and don't even believe it when they see it with their own eyes.

I'll watch and wait for the Midwest to dry up. Most of our food is imported isn't it?

the antarctic ice cap is growing in mass slightly, due to increased precipitation from a hotter ocean (water evaporates better with hotter temperatures) adding ice to it's mass. It's ice shelves and sea ice are depleting quickly, although nowhere near the rates seen in the arctic

always one of these faggots
climate = / = weather
You didn't read that that fast. I don't think this is going anywhere.

Chemtrails...and early 50's 60's experiment that still resonates in the tinfoil hat wearing frog lickers

The point he's really trying to make is that, ALL of that shit you mentioned is eventually going to happen regardless of human intervention. Can you prove that global warming is directly caused by humans, or just the natural climate? After all, the earth used to be hotter and have way more CO2 in the atmosphere than it does now.

We're geologically overdue for an ice age. We're statistically overdue for a natural mass extinction event, and there's piss poor evidence to show that the next one you're describing here won't also be natural as well.

>always one of these faggots

and i'm sure you'll educate everyone being self-taught youtube scientist

this and a reverse polarity of the planet along with a huge asteroid strike

A lot of fruits are, but most vegetables are grown here. Corn too. If you really study what we use corn for you would be surprised that a lot of things other than food and fuel come from corn. But as a person who lives in a desert on top of a mountain in the middle of the US, AKA Wyoming i would say that the aquifers are still pretty good and probably will be for a long time. Just with out rain they will be depleted much faster; not that they wont recharge over time but they will run out if we rely on 100% to water crops and stuff we will burn through them pretty quick.

So how do you explain the trails on the sky which are clearly there?
Also google: Geoengineering

Sorry again. 13,000 years ago the 2 mile thick continental ice shelf melted in a devastating manner and raised ocean levels 400 feet in a single extreme event. Life is still flourishing after that. I'm not worried about what's left to melt.

>frog lickers

Thank you

It's called condensation, Google that

>water
>the sun
>air
>carbon

sure would be nice if i could find a way to convince retards to pay a tax on the lifecycle of the planet

if only i could scare them with something..

Gas turbine engines burn kerosene, which one of the byproducts of combustion is water. This water vapor is expelled out of the exhaust of the engine and freezes into the long trail that you see. It is ice crystals due to the high altitude, and low temperature.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But the thing is when it happens this quickly, species can't adapt, since this never happens at a timescale this rapid outside an extinction event (which coincidentally we're currently in one - dubbed the anthropogenic extinction event check it out on wikipedia). We are geologically supposed to be in a cooling period, as we face a trough in the earth's orbital milankovitch cycle, that is what the holocene is after all, this makes recent warming especially unprecedented. It's proven to be from anthropogenic sources as there's no possible other way to account for the CO2 in the atmosphere, and believe me many are trying. I'm not being very clear but the data behind this is overwhelmingly strong, and that's what really convinced me. I specialize in coastal erosion though so I have only recorded sea level rise data.

reverse polarity occurs over maaaaaassive timescales, it only affects compass manufacturers

Sorry I just hate seeing people mix these up

If the clathrate gun hypothesis is correct, we'd face the extinction of all multicellular life by the end of the century due to catastrophic temperature rise, although I'm unsure on where I stand of the probability of this theory (not enough data)

this

Oh no it's some kind of aluminum powder to block the sunlight so the frogs dont die and we can lick them

In California we get all the seasons in a week, very 1 sunny next day windy, cloudy, cold, sometimes rainy, sometimes a hell of a storm.