It's your friendly neighborhood Greek here again with a thread. Come on in anons!

It's your friendly neighborhood Greek here again with a thread. Come on in anons!

>Have conversations
>Have fun
>Ask questions
>Give advice

Still here. KInda tired, but not really for some reason

first for once

Thanks for tanking the Euro!

oh come on... -.-

Just in time.

-phi

oh hon... you tried.

What's a Euro?

-Al

>*Pat on shoulder*

You'll get em next time

-Sweet Roll

So close...

I think Nep was referring to my promotion to an officer in the Shrine.

It's their way of saying "We really have no idea whats going on, prepare for anything."

That's great PR at work for you.

It's okay; I can get a little jargon-y myself. Thank you for defining it for me though! I could've looked it up just as easily, but I wanted to hear it from you.

Kudos to your proactive attitude on the job hunt, by the way.

Give it about 1900 years, you'll get the reference then

If anyone needs anything I'm here.
(I doubt anyone will need anything from me.)

every time i get second

always just too slow i guess

yet so far

>What's your flirting like?

Going out of my way to touch cute girl's hands, lots of eye contact and a heart melting smile. Other than that, it's just friendly conversation and jokes. I've been tempted to put my number on the little receipts I give people but I think I might get in trouble for that, so I haven't tried it yet.

Right then, I should be devoting my full attention back to work now. No Steam tonight. Have a good night everyone, see you on Wednesday.

And...thank you all very much for coming to my thread. It meant a lot.

Sorry..... There's always next time

Basically. Sadly. I remember 2 other storms like this.
Last years dumped 2 ft more than forecat (Forecast like 12 inches, dumped close to 36...)

Then the year before that the opposite occurred....

can you write a paper for me?
i'll send pizza if you deliver

Just wanted to drop by and tell (forgot your name, my bad) that it indeed is a Ibanez GSR205. Thanks gain!

I see. So I will understand by the 575th Olympiad?

-Al

>put my number on the little receipts
sounds like you're a player

I had no idea you were no and officer. A fitting title.

-phi

Goodnight 2B. Good luck on your work.

-Al

thanks

>can you write a paper for me?
I would need more details than that, even before accepting.

>i'll send pizza if you deliver
Not sure if reward or threat.

Good night.

-EMT-user

Payday is closer, and you will be able to treat yourself

ah! I completely missed this! goodnight, miss!

what about 1st-1?

Word of advice for getting first

For the first thread, arrive a little early

Because chances are, if you were notified, someone may have posted before then

If you arrive early, you will have a higher chance of getting first

But you will also have to deal with me

-Sweet Roll

there's only one way to find out, we wait for wednesday's second thread!

Ahaha.. I think I'd have to actually get some dates on a regular basis for that to be the right word for it. This is me slowly becoming uhh... less socially inept, I guess. It felt pretty good, but I wasn't even consciously trying this time. It just came naturally to me today and that was odd.

Oh sweet summer child, when you learn a bunch of dudes in striped pants are now hitting ionomer resin balls with metal sticks at your olympic games, thou shallt flipeth your shit

If I were to drink tonight, what would you suggest I get?

Drunk

-Al

herpes

Beer, cheap buzz and you don't have to give into decadency to enjoy it.

If you say so.

>see you on Wednesday
I actually may not be around for the next few threads.

>thank you all very much for coming to my thread. It meant a lot.
If you feel so strongly about that you're welcome. (speaking only for my presence)

This ->

I'm sure I will

Well, if its coming to you naturally by now that means you have to be doing something right. Maybe you aren't as socially inept as you thought.

-Al

does that mean you're going to date now and forget about us?

I'm sure one of us would willingly offer themselves up to help you get used to dates.

I mean... what kind of drunk? buzzed, blackout?

is there any reason you may not be around, if you don't mind my asking? will you be safe, at least?

Good to see that people appreciate my humor. You've raised my spirits a bit.

-Al

me thinks reimu is already drunk, my vyvanse is wearing off, and that one guy wants to get drunk, so, everybodys getting stimulants

I'll raise a spirit for you, if you want.

Oh, I did not see thread come up

Don't worry, I wouldn't do that. And when I get to the date where I have to explain what I do in my free time and where I do it, they'll run away for sure.

Lots of practice and baby steps. The hand touching thing started out as a creepy game just to kill time and feel some soft hands, but most girls seem to actually like it so now it counts as flirting instead.

Some of my highest spirits have been raised over spirits.

Physical contact can actually imply confidence and cause affinity with people upon doing so, so it doesn't surprise me. About how long did this go on?

-Al

You don't fool anyone Yoshikage. Dirty hand fetishist.

>is there any reason you may not be around
Yea, where I live I don't have internet access. When I'm around it's usually from a friends house.

>will you be safe, at least?
There is no foreseeable danger. I might need to stockpile compilers though before I leave and lose internet access.

ITT: alcohol jokes.

Nice dubs, but they would be so much better without that 8...

did you say something? i was busy getting my noose ready for missing that giant get by 400

hey again, mister Duke.

that's... that's not a real thing, is it?

well, that's... I guess good news. I hope you stay well, and we see each other again.

What does an alcoholic ghost drink?
Boo's

You're welcome

Hello again, Jill. How are you feeling?

hey, i sent you a freind request on steam, did you get it?

more like booze

I could make things more interesting, but I'm too old to get caught doing anything wrong without consequence.

Theres no reason to go that far, even though you missed you still had dubs...

nice.

missed by one.

I've been doing it maybe... 2 months. My job is one where people hand me things all the time. Boxes, bags, items. And I hand them receipts. So one day after touching hands by accident, I thought "hey that was kinda nice, I wonder if anyone would notice if I went out of my way to do that from now on." So I did, and I started observing people's reactions like it's a game.

People do notice, but it's a subtle thing. Either they like it, or they don't wanna touch hands with me and will subtly move their hands out of the way. That's only happened to me twice. And I've gotten lots of little moments where we're basically just holding hands for 5 seconds.

Nooo, it's just not very socially acceptable to touch their feet.

How do I emigrate?

I'm getting better. it wasn't the most restful weekend, but I made the best of it. how are you?

I'll get to my desktop and accept shortly, sorry.

It is, there are hand fetishist.
Die.

I'm doing okay, I guess. Spent some time talking with Reimilia from these threads

That's a really unique way of getting over social anxiety. Hope it works out for you.

-Al

only a true waifu could appreciate a shrine maiden

I refuse to believe this. I can't understand how that happens.

that's good! I'm glad you're at least okay.

Where do monkeys go to drink?
The monkey bars

I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Nothing worse than being down

Thanks! I know it's kind of weird, but at least it's harmless. The worst that can happen is someone's like "hey don't touch my hands." At one time, my anxiety would be so bad that I'd be afraid of that, but I've made a lot of progress over time!

I was sort of raised in isolation being a shrine maiden and all, so I overthink and over-observe things that come naturally to normal people.

Yeah, exactly! At least when I finally meet the girl who's cool with it, she'll probably be awesome.

well, there's only so bad you can feel when you're around friends in these threads. this place does wonders for lifting my mood.

for now, I think I need to sign off for the night. I need some pills and a hot shower.
I'll see you guys wednesday

Hm, an isolated childhood must be hard. I was raised on my own with pretty much every other kid in my neighborhood. I only had a father figure, and absolutely nothing that could represent a mother, but a lot of people felt like that from where I come from, so we got along on our own pretty well.

-Al

Sleep well Jill

and then that's when you'll leave us for greener pastures

any tips for a socially anxious office worker?

Worst that could happen is that some crazy person takes it really bad and decides to tase your ass in my opinion.

Do you have a happy place? Also cubicles or not?

-phi

no. and cubicle

if you're in the ghetto

You're still around? I thought you were getting frustrated during the last thread...
(Of course there was no need to.)

I think I missed something though. (since I missed any threads before the last one.)

I wasn't too annoyed. I was joking around about my inherent lack of value and French maid combat gear. I've just been lurking.

-phi

What do you enjoy? I have 2 happy places that I can go to at anytime, and if you have a cubicle you can stretch out a bit nicer and use the space without being seen as much.

-phi

Well I just noticed the syrup & suicide posts.
(What an odd sentence to type at 100:00PM...)

sounds like a great name for a canadian emo band

>When you're still awake at 100:00 PM

-Al

>syrup and suicide and 100:00pm

The name of my new progressive metal podcast.

-phi

>a great name for a canadian emo band
Those exist?

I'll do it too! (but tomorrow's gonna suck...)

Neat.

i don't know what i enjoy
reading?
my cubicle is too small to have privacy

On the plus side, you probably got lots and lots of experience interacting with people your own age! You're probably very street wise.

No no, see... if she's cool with it, there's no reason to stop!

Anyway tips... hmm... I'd say to start doing like I did, find some small things you can do to push you out of your shell and expose yourself to the fact that other people aren't really judging you very closely. Every chance you get, just make a little push. Do something you know you're afraid to do, like... you know how some people randomly sing in public? I've always wanted to do that without feeling like an idiot. It seems really brave to me. And I will, one of these days.

But you probably should start small. Ask someone a question you really want to know about them. People love talking about themselves. So listen! Ask followup questions. Remember what they've told you, and you can reference it in the future. Congratulations, you just got to know someone!

For the anxiety itself, there are a couple of tricks you can use. I learned them in therapy. One is a cycle of deep breathing. Sort of like the way you'd breathe if you were meditating. In for 3 seconds, hold for 3 seconds, out for three seconds, wait for three seconds. It's like a square.

>in..... hold
>..
>out... wait

When you're feeling especially nervous, excuse yourself to do that and come back. You can say you're going to the bathroom or make some other excuse if you have to. Or you can try to do it in a non-noticeable way-- most people aren't paying attention to how you breathe, anyway.

The second trick is for planned interactions, things you know about ahead of time and are dreading because of anxiety. You have to picture the worst case scenario. Whatever your brain thinks is the worst thing that could happen... picture that, over and over. It might make you feel worse anxiety at first, but it'll start to become obvious to you how silly it is. And you'll feel better.

I've been awake for 100 hours before, and it was absolute hell

I guess so, I'm also very good at interacting with extremely shady people

-Al

I know breaking in for 4 seconds, holding for 7 and exhaling for 8 helps reset your body to a natural rather of you feel like you are losing it...it's helped me a few times. Honestly my happy places are pretty strange and most of my methods are for when I'm at the point of breakdown. I'm not super helpful here.

-phi

Ah, but it has to be 100 Hours of PM which means at least 200 hours total... I could do that.

But if I do tomorrow will be a pain because I'm most likely going to move three fridges.

Can we meditate/go into trances/nap in between, or do we have to stay awake the entire 200 hours.

Copying phi's signature move

-Al

All together. We are in a trance nap for 200 hours.

-phi

I've been surprisingly good tonight. Only like...3 or 4 illegible posts.

-phi

The most I've accomplished was 72 hours

Awesome, maybe even you can learn how to write.

I've had to go to sleep without a week before, and a few shorter stretches than that, but its hard to stay fully awake, you're taught to slip into a state of semi-sleep in order to gain some rest while the others are fully awake.

-Al

Y'all are crazy - sleep is the greatest thing there is in life. And on that note, back to my favorite pastime! Catch everyone tomorrow or Wednesday.

They're called micronaps. They can be pretty dangerous

Goodnight

-Al

Haha....no....my illiteracy is all I have to define me.

-phu

picturing the worst case scenario.. yeah gonna give it a shot. that's crazy enough to work maybe

>find some small things you can do to push you out of your shell
doing this now.. one of these days all the baby steps i take will amount to something

Can they? How so?

I'll eventually lesson you in proper grammatical.

-Al

One proper grammatical I will request.

-phi