This was the Nintendo Switch's entire selling point, and it sucked ass. What happened to Nintendo Sup Forums?

This was the Nintendo Switch's entire selling point, and it sucked ass. What happened to Nintendo Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!T1QHHJwL!VECzfBVrapjvufn3D_kRLOw9XOPJ6YqlyjkRVOeU1Qk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Th e fuck are you talking about zelda is 10/10

Obvious b8 is obvious. Try better next time OP.

zelda died after windwaker
your childhood is over, accept it.

Zelda's not bad. Then again I've only played it for an hour. I preordered the system here in Japan.

The Switch's problem is that there's nothing to do other than Zelda. Nothing's come out. They need more games really bad.

There's not even a Miiverse.

Fucking overhyped as shit.

The only good Zelda game was on NES

The Wii killed nintendo. Somehow they survived the gamecube only to pussify with the Wii.

dubs of truth

You're in the minority, how about you tell us what's so bad about it?

What about it makes it a 10/10? Personally I'd give it like a 7/10 or 8/10. Pretty environments and a lot of freedom of exploration doesn't make up for there being no sense of difficulty pacing or progression. Dungeons are boring and easily cheesed. Ganon is basically just an amalgamation of each Blight counterpart with only two unique moves of his own.

Yeah this idiot obviously didn't play the game. Kys. =^)

Bump, haven't gotten it yet, interested to see what anons think.

Really good counter-argument, user. You sure showed me.

Breath of the Wild is decent. If you have a Wii-U I'd just stick with that version of the game. The Switch is a very lackluster console atm due to there being nothing available to warrant buying it.

Yooo.
If you done with that switch, I'll buy it off yah.

Link to the Past SNES

The game is good I hate nintendo for making me want to buy switch just to be able to have the new characters coming out ONLY for switch because for some fucking reason they cant just upload another dlc for wii u smash
wii u is the last i get from nintendo.(unless a new zelda or smash comes out lol)

>unless a new smash comes out
You better believe it.

Masahiro really doesn't want to make another smash. Anything created would be forced at this point.

I'm hyper critical of games and I'm really enjoying it.

>Somehow they survived the gamecube
You have to some sort of extra tard to think the gamecube was bad.

What are you talking about?

What about it doesn't make sense?

But it is on the Wii U

Nin faggio switch= bigger 3ds..fags kys..
BTW ain't even trying to bait..it's the truth

Of you bought a Nintendo gaming device post 2006 you deserve the disappointment and hole in your wallet
Nintendo has literally been bankrupt ideas for an entire decade and they make nothing but rehashes of stuff almost as old as I am.
You deserve it, fucking manchild low standard motherfucker

There is passive difficulty progression, though.

By unlocking shrines, enemies in the world become stronger in a lot of the "end game" areas. The world scales in power alongside you. Sure there's some of the weaker enemies scattered around but 70 shrines in, I'm finding lots of enemies that can take away roughly 11 hearts of damage in just one hit.

Weapons scale with power too, and the lower end weapons often pop up with enchants such as increased durability or power.

I'm having an absolute blast with it. I've got all 4 divine beasts down and I'm just exploring the world, pumping up my health and stamina, collecting armors and weapons all the while going through some scary as fuck shit and some hilarious moments. It's a 10/10 for me and that's all that fucking matters

>in b4 some autistic faggot calls me a shill

Jesus. Calm down.
And get a friend.

RIP Nintendo.

Faggots still playing games on lil memory cards! Zelda is trash always has been..always will be..only faggots that worship this garbage are fat acne motherfuckers that fap to anime..or dykes that rub it out to traps! Play a real game like resident evil or battlefield1! Bitches

Look at that piece of shit! Looks like a PSP that fucked a ds and this is the accident that popped out!

I know there is a technical progression. Finding weapons and armor would be considered progression, as would getting the spirits from the divine beasts, and yet, it doesn't feel like I'm really progressing. For example, I can get great weapons (royal, elemental swords, edge of duality) with minimal effort and time. So there's no real going "up" from basically the top.

Enemies don't get that much harder to warrant upgrading equipment imo. Which upgrading is just huge amounts of grinding for rupees/other shit so you can get a +4 Champion's Tunic or whatever.

You can find the hardest enemies in the game in the first 15 minutes of leaving the plateau. All of this is available to you right off the bat except for the spirits. And while neato, don't actually allow you to go or do anything you can't already do without. It just makes the game easier in one fashion or another.

>This was the Nintendo Swtich's entire selling point

Not it was not, that game is also on Wii U. There's just no reason to buy a Switch now.

The "cheesed" word threw me off, but I looked it up and see that it was used correct in context. Still seems weird for a language to use cheese and connect it to angry, upset, or even corny. Anyway most of it seems like blanket criticisms, I'd like to hear some more elaboration on just calling dungeons boring, and the pacing part difficulty seems it does slow down, but it's not like you have to walk from one to another all over once it's done, and you're able to manage your abilities as you progress, including pacing. They really made a lot of micromanaging in game, and it does have a final fantasy esque feel to the atmosphere of being some kind of ancient techno magic world, I'm not totally on board with, but I get it's something different. And I haven't seen Gannon yet, but what about his abilities is so common with other bosses that makes him "cheesed"? Not sure if I'm using that word right, not a native English speaker. Things people like is understandable because it's relatable to other thing of the same category, but criticism needs more elaboration.

I guess we both had different experiences with it. You're entitled to your opinion though. All in all 7/10 or 8/10 is not a bad score to give.

I see what you mean and I'm even most likely biased towards it. But I've been having so much fun I just have to agree with the perfect scores.

Maybe if you looked for more than 5 seconds, you would find more games. Also, what games did the PS4 and Xbox One have at launch? Knack? Call of Duty?

I'm using the word "cheese" in the sense of overcoming an obstacle with minimal effort using a little preparation/know-how. Usually not in the intended fashion. Namely using the bird spirit (something Gale) lets you trivialize a lot of the puzzles of the remaining dungeons.

What specifically do you want to know?

Don't get me wrong. It's a cool game in it's own right. I just feel like some of the mechanics of it, while allowing the game to be very accessible, really cuts out on the depth.

"BotW is as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle" was a way someone had described it to me.

maybe it was made specifically in that manner to reach a wider audience than the cucks who like getting dominated by games like derk serls or blerdberne, it has the right amount of difficulty for everyone, none too hard non too easy and also nintendo makes games for kids and fat neckbeards who like kids games so this was a very well thought out game in that regard

Nintendo and other game developers have come a long way from making their games too difficult for the minds of children and eased up over time. There's a DLC to make the game more difficult, and not many people want a game that makes them feel frustrated but they love it like "dark souls III prepare to die". Some people like games that are easy to pickup, but have enough just enough difficulty that you have to think and micromanage what weapons you have and what items to consume if your health is low.

What's so boring about the dungeons? Did you just breeze through the game? This Zelda game doesn't seem more or less difficult than any other Zelda game, but many people have an idea how much effort any new Zelda game requires, this doesn't seem much different. At least so far. I think people play Zelda games because of it's atmospheric, an adventure, and it has a sort of vibe that makes it unique, even from other Zelda games. I'd like to know what bores you about it? And what game would you put in something similar of a hack-n-slash adventure that you would consider superior.

We are dealing with a game that's fun for the whole family, what would you change or put in its place to make it better?

Oh absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised much by the gameplay decisions. It definitely makes sense from a business perspective to make it accessible to as large a group as humanly possible.

Man I'd LOVE to play the 50 copies of this every store has around me. Except they have no consoles in stock. Literally retarded.

Still to obvious

I'm not saying everyone game has to be like Dark Souls. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of them but I respect that not every game needs to be or even should be like them. I just feel like there is virtually no REAL difficulty to this game. Combat with any enemy, no matter how strong, can be easily overcome with the Flurry attack. Guardians with a well-timed reflection. Which is particularly outstandingly disappointing for BotW which definitely tried to focus more on the combat by adding in a variety of options.

The dungeons themselves are boring because they are short, function on a simple gimmick (change the angle for the bird, rotate the room for the camel, etc), they all use the same stone textures, the bosses themselves although mechanically somewhat different really aren't THAT different, the "item" you get from each doesn't allow you to progress in any fashion and only makes the game easier, and a lot of the dungeons can be trivialize with the Gale spirit. Honestly the dungeons are really (imo) the most boring, uninteresting dungeons I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with in a Zelda game.

All I'd have liked was improved dungeons in every regard and having certain items be obtainable elsewhere in the world. I don't think that that necessarily means the game has to be any less accessible. I just wish I could go out exploring and come across, say, the magnesis and cryosis and being excited to try it out after working hard to get it. Instead you just get it immediately in a baby-tier obstacle course while the game is still trying to teach you basic concepts like physics.

>BTW ain't even trying to bait.

God dammit, user, you played yourself

>.only faggots that worship this garbage are fat acne motherfuckers

The 80s called, they want their jokes back

gamecube was absolute shit bud, the only reason it has been slightly redeemed is because the wii was so fucking gay it made the gamecube look a little better by comparison

Playing it on Wii U, and the only issues I have is that you can't use a controller and the gamepad constantly flashes that I can tap it to switch from TV. Other than that, this game is making me happy.

I suppose if I was a pale cynic deficient on Vitamin D like most other gamers, I'd probably hate it, though.

I like that point. You should have something great given to you for doing something that seems easy, hard rewards for hard work. That's the between the lines point everyone and I can understand. A puzzle shouldn't be anything similar to the last puzzle in the last dungeon, but even Skyrim had that problem with unlocking an area. Everyone just went on youtube to find the combination since it was so boring and repetitive, but I think this addresses another universal point. There are many games people would regard as a 10/10, yet have criticisms that everyone understand and still give it a perfect score. At the end of the day, I doubt there really is a perfect game that can't be criticized. You've made your point, I agree. Nintendo did take some time into making BotW, but the push for the Switch was half-fast and the console/handheld hybrid still has some "kinks" to sort out, and since the console was pushed, so was the overall development of the game. Developers have a great broad idea of a game and it's gameplay, but when anything is pushed half-fast, that does take time on the smaller things they can't spend too much time in, like dungeons, or a specific in game task that gives a unique gameplay like racing, snowboarding, or something you wouldn't normally see is cut short. This is a case where we can see that this Zelda game was cut because of the time. Honestly, they should never have gone with nvidia Tegra card and waited for a pascal version of a micro gpu. We may not know their reasoning, but since 4k is gonna be a standard for graphics, Nintendo missed out on this.

The overall feel of the game still had a Zelda experience, but maybe that's why they made this Zelda a DLC game. They just didn't have the time, and maybe the DLC's will make the game more in depth with dungeons that seem simple to an average gamer. I wouldn't argue with you, but I do think that Nintendo knows this criticism and is working on it.

OP isn't going to let something like facts get in the way of his shitposting

I guess this is getting a bit side-tracked but I'd say a game could be a 10/10 even with flaws. It's just that the games merits would need to heavily outweigh the cons. Planescape: Torment is a 10/10 game for me for it's fantastic world-building, setting and story-telling. Yet the combat for the game (which is mandatory) is absolutely atrocious.

As for the DLC, I'm still pretty skeptical about whether the new content will be worthwhile. If it's more of the same stuff I'll forgo buying it but I'll keep an eye out all the same, just in case.

disagreed, because wiis are now a $20 gamecube you can save discs on (although PM and RE4 are my only actual wii games)

also the portable Castlevanias have been solid

The wii u edition has horrible framerate drops. its quite sad

I still have a game cube. Mostly to play all the old game boy games. But the Wii was the last nintendo system I bought. The youngest has been out of the house for a few years, I didn't even get a ps/4, my ps/3 does well enough for me. The Wii-u or whatever just didn't seem worth it

Yes. Because acne riddled obese basement dwellers don't play on other consoles/pc. Besides you, of course.

I think I'm sidetracking you, but asking you these questions draws out more thought I couldn't get to the average Sup Forumstard. I just started Torment: Tides of Numenera, and I love the character development, the imagination and artwork of its universe, and the different directions you can go that depend heavily and your choices makes me feel like if I replayed this game, it would be like a whole other story. Character developement and atmosphere are something I'd consider quintessential to every game. Being ask philosophical questions about how much impact does one person have on the universe, or the measurement of yourself is really striking. I think I hit a goldmine with this game, and I know the combat is not gonna be mind blowing. There's only so much we can expect, but maybe there will be a day where that perfect game comes out. It's nice to have hope, it keeps us going into the hobbies that we have. Since all hobbies come with goals, and even if the goal is not met, the hobby is rewarding by itself. It has value because we value it. I think we're on the same level here. I hope my English wasn't that bad, I know my accent is.

Nintendo fucked up the frame rate by using auto connect to wifi,you can disable that an the rate frames & quality of the games will go full.
The firmware & hardware aren't shit,they don't even use all of their power to run games like BoW.
Still,they fucked up.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was incredibly good. I'm thinking about doing a second playthrough of the game to be more thorough than I was the first time, since there was some content I had missed or was unable to do due to the party size limit. Personally it's not quite as good as Planescape: Torment, which I totally recommend you play. I can provide a download link for the game packaged with all the mods you'll need/want, if you're interested.

Your English is fine. My only criticism is maybe you'll want to organize your sentences more into paragraphs but that's about it.

That makes sense. I don't read and write much in my native language, and I'm improving in English...gradually.

I am very much interested in playing Planescape, I have trouble modding because I'm not very good at following directions. Still, I am interested. I'll just ask a friend to help with the modding since he's an IT/networking guy.

Is there any other games that catch your interest but are under the scope?

>zelda died after windwaker

Twilight Princess proves you wrong.

mega.nz/#!T1QHHJwL!VECzfBVrapjvufn3D_kRLOw9XOPJ6YqlyjkRVOeU1Qk

Here is the download link. It's 1.02 GB in size and has all the mods you'll need plus instructions. Whenever you get around to it.

As for other games, I would consider playing Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Another very rough game in some aspects but fantastic in others. It focuses less on epic, fantasy adventure of Numenera/Planescape and focuses more on creating unique and interesting characters. Unfortunately I don't have a packaged version of the game (with mods) that I can provide.

Thanks. Downloading it now. I'll try to install it without exploding my computer.

As for Vampire, I'll just bookmark it for later. I have a lot of games I paid for and neglected. Have a nice one and thanks for the game!