Sup Sup Forums, what are your thoughts on psychedelic drugs?

Sup Sup Forums, what are your thoughts on psychedelic drugs?

they should be legalized with some restrictions

whats youre psyche on thought drugs?

Waste of time,doesn't "enlighten" you

If you expected them to prior to taking them youre a retard

Agreed, but does open some things up for discussion. As does any reality altering substance (alcohol, weed, etc.)

Not a big fan of mushrooms but I can see the appeal. They make me apprehensive. I really enjoy acid. It gives me great visuals and extreme clarity of thought. I have done it in a variety of settings but out in nature is the best (especially snowboarding / skiing).
DMT has had the most profound / lasting effect. It is a lot more powerful, though, and needs to be treated with the appropriate respect and appreciation. I went pretty fucking deep.

Done acid and shrooms, explain the "difference". Do you really just have to "let go" to a much greater extent?

in relation to DMT

Define "enlighten"

I'm doing a presentation on Hallucinogenics vs benzodiazepines(anxiety meds) I'm trying to paint a picture that the former is better than the latter. Any thoughts or info anyone would like to contribute?

They're not supposed to enlighten you. What's your point?

Helps with depression, in the right circumstances.
Benefits people with the right state of mind.
Small potential to cause great harm to weak or vulnerable minds.
Solid entertainment.
Excellent business opportunities.

hallucinogenics offer different perspectives, open up different pathways in your brain and make you think more clearly and focus on your problems. benzodiazepines just sedate you and put a temporary blanket over the underlying problem.

Huge fan of lsd when I wanna trip around people without feeling completely "gone". Other ones like shrooms are harder for me to keep my grip on reality but still fun when I'm alone.

It's like dying. Like, you forget your breathing, get dropped into another write entirely as a new life form and then come back. You let go of everything.

lsd is way better. no nausea, doesnt taste like dirt and doesnt make you paranoid as fuck.

Fucking trippy man

Very good thank you

i think it's pretty dumb that they're illegal and I agree with , I think everyone should try shrooms and/or acid at some stage of their lives.

If anyone in this thread hasn't tried them, lurking or not, go camping with your best friends and try it. You'll have a blast.

>Mushrooms V acid

Although subjective, Can someone tell me the difference in trip experience or explanation.

Not sure if you've looked into it but in one of the Nordic countries they're offering lsd to terminal ill patients to help then cope with death.

benzodiazepines are also used for patients with seizures and other disorders, not just anxiety. they're actually pretty fun too.

There are theories that human consciousness was influenced by our primate ancestors taking psychedelics.

Yes I've read up on that. It also helps cure alcoholism

Doesn't really compare in terms of experience. Have you tried Salvia? I hate the stuff, but DMT is comparable in terms of how abruptly it hits you and how "out of body" you are.
As a pretty damned agnostic person, DMT has been the closest thing to a spiritual experience I have ever had. The auditory and visual hallucinations hit you very rapidly and fast at first - hard to describe but very pleasant. Depending on your dose and if you went deep enough you pass that stage. When people describe "breaking through" they experience a wide variety of things. The people that I talked to about it before I tried it said they had full blown conversations with themselves for what felt like hours.

Me personally? It felt like I had an overview of the entire world lit up like a map. I couldn't focus on a single thought because it felt like I could understand EVERYTHING. It got hard to breathe and everything got brighter and more clear. Rather abruptly it felt like my conscienceness was breathed back into me in a flood of warmth, positivity, and compassion.
Its really quite powerful.

I mean, that is saying we truly know what consciousness is...

To me, shrooms feel a lot more "natural" in terms of visuals. Most of the time, lsd visuals are geometric and look artificial. Shroom visuals look a lot more soft and easy. In terms of sensation, lsd is way more "feel good" while shrooms are more likely to bring anxiety. It's subjective though. This is just my experience

I agree. They're even less harmful than marijuana, and provide great insights into our lives.

Salvia is DMTs weird cousin that hangs out under the porch, smokes crack, and steals cars.

Psychedelics have huge therapeutic potential, but it's critical that they're used in safe situations with professionals that are acutely aware of the effects they can have and that know how to guide the trips into productive realms of thought without going further down the rabbit hole than the individuals are able to handle. The big potential with psychedelics and MDMA is the ability to delve into locked away memories that are the underlying causes of many personality disorders, as well as the heightened awareness of the self that can be birthed by psychedelic experiences.

A huge benefit that the research thus far points to is that with psychedelics, a handful of therapy sessions can be far more effective in dealing with the underlying issues than can a lifetime of anxiety/depression medications. This of course needs to be studied further, which is difficult given the US's stance on these kinds of drugs, but organizations like MAPS are making huge waves in the realm of research on these drugs.

I'm studying now to be a psychiatrist and see huge potential in these drugs for helping people get to the root of their problems, but as someone who has experimented haphazardly with these powerful chemicals and my own psyche, I find it absolutely, non-negotiably, imperative that these drugs are used with extreme caution by people who know what they're doing to guide others.