And I won't

And I won't.

Seriously, does anyone actually like The Bends/Pablo Honey/Radiohead before they were radiohead and were more like Oasis?

Other urls found in this thread:

oasisblues.com/2012/09/noel-gallaghers-top-10-worst-bullshit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do.
Pleb

Do you also like Oasis? Why, or why not?

yeah The Bends is a fairly good album.
>more like Oasis
when? during pablo honey?

How the fuck is The Bends like Oasis.

The first half of Karma Police reminds me more of Oasis than this, must be the drums.

I don't know, never listened to them.

Good question. I guess what I mean is they had more of a mellow sound, catchy pop-rock tunes (britpop), and they were still under the influence of a major label who would pressure them into sounding similar to bands that were selling those days. OK Computer is not completely absent from this, but you can clearly perceive how they're aiming at something else, looking for something else.

I dunno, as far as I know, not even Radiohead likes those old songs

The Bends is a solid 7/10 at minimum.

Pablo Honey sounds like U2
Eugh

Fair enough. Give it a try maybe? Or maybe not, those guys are assholes

>a solid 7/10

Oh hey hi it's great to have the ultrarelevant opinion of mr Fanta Soda

Oasis are assholes?

I'm pretty sure the band still cares about many of them, it isn't hard to find a live show where they play The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Talk Host Show or Street Spirit. The one that really suffers from lack of attention is Pablo, wouldn't mind Blow Out getting played more.

Liam is one of the worst rockstars ever.

Their first 2 albums are a good listen though.

Bends is a pretty solid album, it just kinda pales compared to the rest of their stuff(except street spirit. street spirit is god tier). And Pablo Honey is just grossly mediocre.

Their first two albums are the least mellow, with multiple tracks that rock hard.

Will give them a try then.

This album is fantastic, you flaming contrarian. I have it on vinyl. How can you be numb to songs like Planet Telex and Nice Dream

Or if you like the newer stuff you would probably like Bulletproof or Street Spirit

oasisblues.com/2012/09/noel-gallaghers-top-10-worst-bullshit.html

Even their fans know it

I used to think that The Bends was a forgettable bridge in Radiohead's sound until I actually listened to it.

Incredibly good album, the back half of the album is so heavy thematically.

Yeah it's kind of meh but the production man.

listen to it
it's not that bad

The production is pretty mediocre, and on My Iron Lung it's fucking awful

>implying pablo honey or the bends have anything on the first 2 oasis albums

the songwriting and guitar playing in that album is outstanding.