Greatest bassist of all time?

Greatest bassist of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIzE6N_Yq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this the thread where we pretend entwistle never existed?

>john "let me ruin the songs with unnecessary fills" entwistle
>good
pick uno

Yes. It's also the thread where we pretend Jaco never existed as well.

Cliff Button

Charles Mingus
Orion (Behemoth)
Flea (FEAR)
Mike Watt (Minutemen/fIREHOSE)
Paul Simonon (The Clash)
Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead)
Joe Lally (Fugazi)
the guys from NoMeansNo

also fuck off, John Entwistle is amazing

*blocks your path*

John Ferarra. Way underground. But amazing dude. He played a phillip glass quartet by himself on insta. But listen to this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIzE6N_Yq8

The tightness with the drums even in tempo changes. The tapped out metal Beach Boys cover interjected in. I think he could learn anyone elses bass lines faster than they could learn his.

Tony Levin

>hear to get gud you have to play a few Who songs
>"wtf how hard can it be"
>Check tabs
>fucking fills and solos throughout the whole song
Why?

Why not

That's what The Who were about, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon being as loud as possible

>Entwistle also developed what he called a "typewriter" approach to playing the bass. It involved positioning his right hand over the strings so all four fingers could be used to tap percussively on the strings, causing them to strike the fretboard with a distinctive twangy sound. This gave him the ability to play three or four strings at once, or to use several fingers on a single string.

>Entwistle was notorious for the extremely high volume at which he played bass, going so far as to rig pick-ups to each string on his instruments. This led to him developing hearing loss, similar to Townshend. Although not as public about his problems as Townshend, he reputedly had to rely on lip reading to understand speech in his later years.

>Tfw I play bass and I pretty much dont play unless amp/bass are at 10 for volume and bass
Slightly worried here.

dam i just saw this band a month ago, was totally blown the fuck away

Remember their rigs were massive though, plus Moon's tendency to blow up his drumkit. Wear protectors and you're good.

good list.

Not the best but Eric Avery is very underrated

Mike Watt, man

the guy from Jefferson Airplane/Hot Tuna

Nobody has posted Trevor Dunn so far.

Name a better bassist that started in the 21st century.

you all are fucking contrarian idiot. there are only 3 names: bob babbit, jamerson, pastorius

Les Claypool
David Ellefson
Cliff Burton
John Entwistle
Jaco
Geddy Lee
Steve Harris
Ryan Martinie
Chris Squire
I could go all fucken day

top de la kek de la kek de la kek

most of those bassists are shit lmao

Claypool, Burton and Harris are overrated as fuck, especially Claypool and Burton.. at least Harris is innovative.
The rest are great.. really really great.

You think Claypool is overrated? Guy's a fuckin' mad man. Burton as an over all bassist is overrated, but I put him on their because he was very innovative as a soloist. But I'll give you that, I just like him personally and he is a huge influence on me. Harris is another personal favorite, he served his band by writing almost all of their songs and by being able to keep up with the guitars.

>Steve Harris is innovative
>Les Claypool isn't
kek

This.

The one true GOAT hasn't appeared on this thread yet.
I would say I'm dissapointed but I don't even expect the bare minimum from you guys

>Claypool is overrated
>Harris is innovative
Are you fucking high?

wild that only two of yall said pastorius

there's no other answer i dont give a single fuck what kind of argument any of you other people are throwing

it's jaco. end of discussion

Besides a few that have already been mentioned ITT, I believe that Vern Rumsey is really underrated.

I drove half avross the US to see them been following them about 5-6 years now youre the first ive seen on here who knows them

Geezer butler. You fucking plebs.

literally any of them dude