I need your help, Sup Forums. I have Bipolar disorder and I live in Michigan...

I need your help, Sup Forums. I have Bipolar disorder and I live in Michigan. I don't like taking anti psychotic medication because of the side effects. Apparently in this state there is something called "Kevin's law" that allows your doctor to have you forcefully hospitalized and medicated if you refuse medication, and that's exactly what my doctor has threatened me with. Is there any way out of this, or am I doomed to be a medicated zombie for the rest of my life?

Other urls found in this thread:

michigan.gov/formergovernors/0,4584,7-212-57648_21974-107105--,00.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, give dem meds a try.
I'm not a psychiatrist but the meds will help against symptoms. If you do therapy you can live without dem meds on the long run probably.

That's a fucking nightmare. I'd suggest fleeing the state altogether.

>kill doctor
>make it look like he died from not taking his own meds
>thhis gets state to reevaluate the law given doctors questionable decision-making for his own health
>repeal law
>put sharpie in pooper

Where at in michigan?

Well, since you posted a damn frog meme, I think suicide would be an ideal option.

Madison Heights

Believe me, I would have killed myself a long time ago if it weren't for the fear of Hell.

Drink some tea man tea fixes everything, but for real I know there's some plant supplements that you can take that are supposed to stabilize mood and that's way better then zombification

I've given many medications a try and all of them cause bad side effects. The doctor says I need to be on them for life

Move.

I know there are many holistic methods of combating Bipolar; the problem is that my doctor is forcing me to take meds

What side effects do you actually get from your antipsychotics? I take 35 mg abilify every day (read a very high dosis of antipsychotics) and I have zero side effects. Granted in the beginning it was though, it felt unnatural and I wanted to move around all the time and couldn't sit still, but my body got used to it after a few months.. Basically whatever it is, it still beats being psychotic by a long shot, so quit being a whiny little bitch and go through with it.

Would just moving to another city be far enough? I might be able to manage that. If I move out of state I'd be afraid to lose my disability

What are the side effects of meds that you have used?

Weight gain, my entire body tremors, constantly tired

Clearly if she threatend you with that you are a danger to yourself or others.
If you don't like the side effects discuss with your psychiatrist alternative medications that she believes could help you and remove some of the side effects you dislike.
Or you could be a giant raging faggot
That works too

Stfu you liberal faggot

I've never hurt myself or anyone else while having a manic episode; I've just had to be hospitalized because of them. I've tried nearly all the alternative medications.

Sounds like neckbeard-itis

I guess what I'm hoping for is someone who is well-versed in law to tell me a way to get around Kevin's law, but maybe I'm just being unrealistic. I guess I'm doomed

Well shit, look I do empathize with you, but you still need antipsychotics if you suffer form psychosis. Against weight gain, topamax helps, tremors shouldn't be a problem with newer types of atypical antipsychotics but there's medication to coutner that as well, and against being tired there's still coffee or mate tea.

There are also different kinds of medication out there and there has to be some kind of meds out there that cause as little as possible sideeffects for you as possible, but please work together with psychiatry to make you a functioning member of society. If you suffer from psychosis this really is a must. Sadly there is no real alternative to antipsychotics if you suffer from psychosis.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but a dude with lots of experiecne in the field, I tried going off my meds aswell and just ended up locked up again and psychotic and lost years in the process, and learned my lesson the hard way.

Then eat healthier, set a strict sleeping schedule and switch to a med that doesn't givenyou body tremors.
Body tremors are gay.
I have insomnia. Not the, oh wow I'm just so cool I have a stupid bed time insomnia. Like real legitamiate insomnia. I have gone weeks without sleep whilst trying the entire to sleep. I would beg the heavens for sleep but I just couldn't fucking do it. I'd lay there for hours. They put me on an anti psych and said I can stay on it for as long as I want and while I truly seriously want to stay on it forever I want to try to defeat my own demons.
You situation could be alot worse bitch. Atleast you can fucking sleep at all.

wan die ='(

Read it michigan.gov/formergovernors/0,4584,7-212-57648_21974-107105--,00.html

as far as i understood if your family or whoever says that you are no danger for others or yourself because of your disorder than your free to do whatever you want

I heard eating apples will keep doctors away

I actually do eat an apple a day and this has proven false

A lot of the meds doctors give you just fuck you up more. Pretend you're a normie fag and worked things out on your own!

Are you mexican?

No?

Just tell them your name's not Kevin. Bada Bing, bada boom

They do fuck me up more. I can't just "pretend" I'm a normie fag; they know I have Bipolar and they have record of my hospitalizations

-.-

just take the fucking meds and accept that you will always be a fag

how much is hillary paying you?

I would change home and go away.
Because you life the life only once and noone can make you pass it drugging in a hospital!

Arrange a meeting with your doctor.
Take cocaine just before.
Use confidence to convince him not to use law to hospitalize you

Thanks bro you're so helpful! Why didn't I just think of that LOL?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to kill myself

pretty sure kevin's law pertains to being able to oversee the cleanliness of slaughterhouses and meat production, named after some kid kevin died after eating a tainted hamburger. it's in Food, Inc.

tell your doctor to fuck off. he can't have you forcefully detained unless you are a danger to yourself or others. he's bluffing.

unless of course you are actually that crazy.

Yeah that's the more famous Kevin's law

Honestly OP you come to /b and ask for legal advice? Fuck you must really be a psycho. Take that shit to a lawyer, lots do a free 30min consultation.

Do you want your dick sucked? it will make you feel better

I'm impotent

Lel

I am bipolar too, stopped medecine as they make me go zombie
If I were you, I'd ask for lawyer advice

Type I or II OP? Rapid Cycling? Do you go into full blown mania or just hypomania?

Op before we give you an answer, lets establish first how crazy you really are.

When you are manic, do you go out more with friends and on shopping sprees and spent a lot of money having a good time, or more like I dunno.. this reality becomes like an unreal computer game with everyone around you being a bot with the only real person being you in it, making you God with you loosing all control over your actions and doing really insane shit?

Mental illness is a spectrum and it's hard to tell from your post where you're on.. depending on your answer you might really need to consider the possibility that you need to take the meds for the rest of your life with no way around it.

from the meds?

Do you want to suck a dick then?

I don't care and I live in Michigan

Stop bitching, fucking end your life.

Type 1. Full blown mania

Dude you have to take the mess. It's fine and I live in Michigan.

Pretend to take them.

Sounds awesome and I live in Michigan

They do blood testing

Yep. Another lovely side effect I forgot to mention

Definitely the latter.

Contact ACLU

Damn I'm Bipolar II Rapid Cycling and only go hypomanic.
idk OP my grandma is manic depressive and it took her two decades to find the right medication but she says it was worth it, or at least it was better than not seeking treatment.
Do you struggle much with depression and motivation? I know it's cliche but perhaps an exercise routine can help with the weight gain and I bet the tremors can be resolved with finding the right medication (wish it was as simple as doing a cotton swab dna test or somethign to see what would work best, unfortunately there's still guesswork involved)
The tired shit sucks too...idk what to do about that besides coffee or something.
I think you should keep trying OP I believe that manic people have really cool ideas and can impart a lot of change in the world if they can channel the mania and gain some kind of control over it. You should keep trying instead of kys. I believe bipolar people can do some rad shit if they overcome the weaknesses that come with the illness and learn to foster the strengths that come with it