Are all religious people retards?

Are all religious people retards?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0036880
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2988410/Autism-linked-higher-intelligence-People-genes-related-condition-scored-better-mental-ability-tests.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

All people are retards

people are retarded before they're religious or non religious

Nope, just intellectually dishonest.

I don't think you can call it intellectual dishonesty when many religious folk are so uneducated and misinformed they truly believe much of what they say.

Being religious doesn't mean that you believe in god

Am I fucking missing something

I see a lot of atheists who are retarded too. Intelligent people are agnostic.

This is called being pedantic

Atheism is not the outright denial of the possibility of God by any reasonable definition of the word

>retard confirmed
if all people are retards then clearly all religious people (as they are a subset of "all people") are retards as well.

I'm fairly religious even though I don't believe in god. Religion is more about the morals the stories teach than the actual events of the story.

I don't think you understand what either pedantic or atheist mean.

Nope

>bringing inferential/deductive reasoning into a Sup Forums thread shitpost
>thinking you're smart because of it

think we know who the real retard is here

Yes, because you can respect someone's individual liberties such as freedom of conscience, while still thinking they're retarded based on the way they express those liberties.

religion is a bunch of arbitrary rules and shit made up by people, lots of folks for example go to church for fellowship, for community, but don't really believe the Jesus stuff. Don't confuse religion for spirituality.

There is no reason to respect a belief.
O respect a person's right to believe whatever stupid shit thing they want, but not the belief itself.
Believing in sky daddy is not worthy of respect.

Fair enough, Intellectually dishonest and/or misinformed

>outright denial of the possibility of God

Given the current empirical evidence, it follows that it seems to support having a lack of belief in God is the more rational camp to be in. However, if confronted with more evidence in support of the existence of God (see: a possibility)..beliefs change.

When you don't evaluate claims of the same type with the same standards of scrutiny, you're intellectually dishonest.

A lack of belief in god. If you don't know there is a god, YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD

Atheists are fucking fags. "Oh, look how retarded he is for believing in a man in the sky and having invisible friends."
Meanwhile, "Oh, look, nothing is on purpose, we're all just one big accident, a big bang created everything out of nothing in an instant isn't that just the most sensible thing?"
Fucking faggots

Not believing in something is not the same thing as believing that thing CANNOT be.

So truth hurts fag. Nothing is on purpose, everything is a accident. No one is here for a reason. It's a hard truth, but it's a truth.

A lack of Belief is part of the Daffynation. (Sup Forums is a screwy way to run a railroad.)

This person is a retard, op. I'm not sure this is helpful to your position that religious people are the only retarded people on earth but suffice to say, there are many retarded people regardless of what they believe.

You wouldn't know the truth if it sucked your nuts and licked your taint ya fuckin queer

The category missing from this chart: "don't give a fuck"

So your god is a cocksucker. JUDGE I AM DONE HERE

*tips menora*

That's an apatheist which is a type of agnostic atheist

Even if being religious is uneducated, we should not take away people's rights to religion. Religion has been apart of our history for a very long time an I think even if we wanted to remove it, it would be very hard to.

Atheism also doesn't teach people to be moral, you can be as educated as you want and still kill, rape, steal. If there is no afterlife why not do all these things while you can?

Either way we need a way to teach people morality no matter if they have no religion or they do.

yes
/thread

You're confusing lack of religious belief with devotion to scientific beliefs

Semantics. Agnosticism takes the position that the existence of god is unknowable given the lack of material (empirical) evidence. Atheists form their entire understanding of the universe based on the outright denial of god. I think you will find that most of the notable and greatest minds of modern and ancient history were and are agnostic. Atheism is the stark contrast to theism. The opposition. To claim otherwise is tantamount to having a conversation about existentialism with a cat named Hercules.

That iscwhat he said faggot. All people are retards. He dudnt say all except religious.

>10546 ▶
> (You)
Fine you want to call it a horse, call it a horse. I don't believe in god, and I don't think there will ever be proof. But hell if you have it please show it to me.

No, just autistic

>Autistic adolescents expressed less belief in God than did matched neuro-typical controls
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0036880

You need to take an ethics/morality philosophy course if you truly believe this shit

The Euthyphro argument refutes the Divine commandment theory

and morals do not come from a religious text

we have empathy which prevents most of us (read: psychopaths excluded) from harming others. we can ascribe meaning and values to ourselves independently and treat others accordingly

if the only reason you don't rape and kill people is because of the concept you'll be rewarded in the afterlife, i'd venture to say you're a shitty person

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2988410/Autism-linked-higher-intelligence-People-genes-related-condition-scored-better-mental-ability-tests.html

I am ok with this.

>a big bang created everything out of nothing

This triggers the Sup Forums

Don't waste your breath, Creatards can't remember anything outside the church for more then 5 seconds.

why the fuck do atheists sound so insecure when expressing their beliefs, there's always that snarky tone in every book on atheism

A person who does this is not an atheist. They are either an agnostic, or an atheist who doesn't understand the difference between an atheist and an agnostic. Which begs the question, how does a person with such logic not know that difference?

Because you damn christians can't remember it when we tell you. I mean we explain the big bang didn't create the universe, but expanded it, and 10 sec later you ask about the big bang creating the universe.

True.

No, but most of them have a higher proclivity to it.

Belive it!

That's because it's less socially acceptable to be an atheist. Plus autistics are just the type to tell the king he's naked.

WASTE OF QUINTS

CHECK EM

First Naruto fag GTFO,
Believe it looser.

A couple of hours ago, I was talking to a woman I always feel so extremely awkward talking to, because of her beliefs, and she works in a second hand shop. First she said that god fills her with love and purpose, and I get a comfy feeling and I'm happy for her. Then, she said "I love sorting books, except when a buddhist, atheist, or even an actual satanic book comes in, then I just throw them in the bin". And I'm trying not to look like I think she's retarded... It's difficult.

are you fucking retarded? i'm not a christian

One of my favorite things is how evolution is so obviously true but since it doesn't back up Adam and Eve they're forced to not believe it.

I know some pretty smart people who are religious not because they believe in God but because their parents make them.

Kek you can't even spell 'loser'.

euphoric thread

nice quints

Oh sorry I assumed only someone on a christian level could be that retarded... well without introducing me to there 6 year old wife. #Muslim #Goatfucker.

The beauty of agnosticism is there are many things which are unknowable. We can't confirm the existence of dark matter. But we know it's there because we can measure the effect of its gravity on our galaxy. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there. Science is observation. We didn't know microbes existed until we invented a way to see them. To say flat out that god doesn't exist is as ignorant as saying flat out that god does exist. Do you get what I'm saying?

Totally right. Autistic people are too reasonable to be socially accepted. They are too straight forward and logical, sometimes logic can hurt, even if it's fair.

#Sarcasm
I have never meet a athiest that claimed that. Maybe we all just have the wrong business cards. However YHWH is not real.

All of you gtfo. Atheism doesn't describe any blief, only disbelief. Don't go speaking about what atheists believe, because that's like saying "I know what all christians don't believe in".

>agnosticism

all people are religious, and yes all are retarded, including you. You only make yourself appear more retarded when you claim to not be religious while praising the great mother earth and crying over "global warming" blah blah blah.

What you are calling an agnostic is an agnostic atheist. What you are calling an atheist is a gnostic atheist.

its true but the big difference is that some of us smart one left that shithole on their own

funny to use BIll Nigh meme. He pretends to be a scientist and spouts total BS, and still you morons think he is a genius

I've never met an atheist who I thought was an intelligent person. They remind me of feminists, they just want to ridicule anyone who doesn't believe what they believe. Maybe on some level they mean the same thing, but any intellectual neither believes or disbelieves in the existence of god because we don't have any evidence that points to either conclusion.

Either you are anti-theist or you are part of the problem

What am I?

I don't think about or bother myself with religion, god or any of the such.

Grew up baptist and separated myself from all of that around 10-11 when I realized it was all bullshit.

Outside of this thread I rarely think about or talk about religion.

Its definition is pretty clear on what it means there, meme guy.

ah every losers favorite misused meme

So by that logic you neither believe or disbelieve the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster since we have no evidence that points to either direction.

You're an apatheist which is a type of agnostic atheist

read: the pegasus argument

What you're calling an agnostic is actually an agnostic atheist

I have never met an atheist who didn't blindly believe in global warming. Funny, they believe in something unproven... as if somehow they feel validated and virtuous by their relig... I mean science.

>Hashtags
>On Sup Forums

>any intellectual neither believes or disbelieves
disbelief =/= belief that something does not exist
disbelief = lack of belief

>never met an atheist who didn't blindly believe in global warming
Guess you need to get out more
>Funny, they believe in something unproven
But it has evidence like GTOR and evolution
>as if somehow they feel validated and virtuous by their relig
Atheists don't have a relig

Mentally retarded? No. Mentally ill? By definition they are.

proved my point. You are an atheist and you blindly believe in global warming. correct me if I am wrong.

Amazing!

Thank you. I've never given enough shits to say anything other than straight agnostic.

Mentally ill, by definition they are.

are you an atheist and global warming denier?

The ones who bother other people with their silly religious ideas are retarded. Those who keep it to themselves are ok.

not an atheist

i don't blindly believe in anything

i just actually read stuff other than infographics on Sup Forums to educate myself on ecological issues

if you are not an atheist then what is your point? I did not say that non-atheists believe one way of the other. I simply said that I have never met an atheist who didn't blindly believe in global warming. I find that very telling about human nature. Humans want desperately to feel virtuous. Atheists seem to glom onto mother earth as some signal that they aren't purely hedonistic.

>atheists have no morals cuz no rereejum

OK. That's full retard!

nice quote. project much?

If you follow logic, theism fails every time. No demonstrable evidence exists to prove the existence of a god.

can't have atheism without god. the fact that atheism exists proves god exists.

No, just mislead in life

youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I