Name a better shred/shrapnel album than pic related

Name a better shred/shrapnel album than pic related
>Pro-tip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sGLquI7ONUc
youtube.com/watch?v=tD65uNthngs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hell, even try naming a better guitar player.

>Pro tip: you can't

He can't even play guitar, he writes music with his eyes.

youtube.com/watch?v=sGLquI7ONUc

His music is really good but shred solo artist music is a piece of flawed one dimensional masturbation music, and I don't neccesarily think you have to be super ego centrical faggot for it to be masturbation music, it's the very fact a career is being made just out of 1 man's talent, shove it up your ass till you'll stop believing you're interesting enough to be the center of a whole band. The music itself is just childish desu.
Regardless of what's been said, as a guitarist and musician myself I agree that he's probably one of the best among the popular solo artist guitarists, But I wouldn't say he would get the same amount of respect he got without his ALS, as harsh as it may sound

Kill yourself

>shred solo artist music is a piece of flawed one dimensional masturbation music

t. guy who can't shred

Do you need to know how to do something to give an educated opinion on it?
Nice one autismo

BLACKED

youtube.com/watch?v=tD65uNthngs

Tony macalpine is as one dimensional as you can get as a guitarist, also a boring copy cat don't you think?

Sounds like you're talking more about Joe Stump or Chris Impellitteri tbqh

>shred solo artist music is a piece of flawed one dimensional masturbation music

t. nu-male who plays a jaguar

i'm sick of insecure guitarists shitting on virtuosos. you don't see elementary level pianists playing chopsticks acting like what they do is more artistically valid than what a concert pianist does. you don't see trumpet players slagging miles davis for playing fast arpeggios and licks. it's just disgusting, the whole guitar community is cancer

This honestly. We need more twinks with jaguars fiddling with their pedals instead of learning how to actually play.

dunno if i'm just stoned but this shit sound cool to me and the cover very evocative lol

>Malmsteen put out about 4 or 5 good albums before turning into a parody of himself
>Gilbert got sick of metal and has spent the past 2 decades trying to be a pop star
>Becker has ALS
>Howe is forced to play in Justin Timberlake's backing band to make a living
>Kotzen still isn't known outside guitar circles

JUST

Racer X had the best songs of the actual bands on Shrapnel. M.A.R.S., Phantom Blue and Vicious Rumours were all fairly good, but Cacophony, Dr. Mastermind, Le Mans and Apocrypha were all total jank with good playing, but shit songs.

Peter Marino is a fucking horrible singer.

On a related note, does Malmsteen still put on a good show? He's on tour and he's actually coming here. I'm not sure if he's past it though.

Nah, don't bother. He's just phoning it in and his backing band are garbage now. Some questionable choices in his set-list, too.

I saw him about 2-3 years ago and just walked out of it wanting my fifty bucks back. This is coming from someone who actually defends his output up until Facing the Animal.

>Muh Technical skill

>not being able to hear the incredible amount of soul he puts into every note
>not recognizing his excellent phrasing
>not understanding that one can be technically brilliant while also having impeccable musicality

He had none of those. His music will be forgotten

this man is based af. beautiful music with plenty of shredding but also plenty of melody with the psychedelic sounds i love oh so much

Surprised that Mike Varney never snapped him up, honestly.

Childhood is idolizing Jason. Adulthood is realizing Marty is better.

You're deaf.
Incorrect.

Friedman went from being in Megadeth to literally, LITERALLY, making J-pop music.