Tfw you can't decide what music you want to make

>tfw you can't decide what music you want to make

ask her

I know this feel, feel frog

tfw u make whatever u want and dont force urself into one genre

Just copy the styles of the artists you like to listen to.

Just figure out what kind of music comes natural for you. For example, I can shit out power pop music, but it gets boring after a while. So I applied what I learned from that to dream pop, which I find more fulfilling.

>wanna play slowcore
>wanna play punk
>wanna play psych rock
Fuck my ass

play all three

wish I could do this but my mind is too 'catergorical', I literally have a list of different musical ideas and projects I want to try and do. It can be useful for grafting out ideas and themes but I feel I treat music too much like an idea machine rather than an actual art form, if that makes sense. I still try to make something unique and not stuck in genres, but I do sort of segregate ideas

The issue is a lot of things come naturally, and depends what my mood is and what i'm listening to at the time. One week i'm planning on setting up a Neofolk group, writing some songs, the next I want to make synthpop, the week after a noise rock group, etc

make The King of Limbs it'll be awesome

I feel like I could make a pretty good jazz-inspired rap album but because my real interest is classical I would forever know I'm a hack

Just do the Ween thing and do a little of everything

make a multigenre album. since you want to switch all the time, setting up a long-term project focused on one thing will never happen or work for you

fucking tempted man, Ween are one of my favourite groups

>tfw you will never have a stoner best friend who you jam and make weird shit with

Why not do both?

Take your 5 favorite artists.

Blend them together.

That's the type of music you want to make.

>Why not do both?

I'm not clever enough to compose great orchestral music, but am clever enough to know I couldn't

Ulver x Bach x King Crimson x Bjork x Peste Noire

.... It's not working senpai

I want to make rock, psychodelic rock, eurobeat and vaporwave

Just kill me now

I know that feel, last week I thought IDM but now I'm thinking drone metal. I'm still far from learning an instrument or even basic music theory anyway.

>ywn release a godtier jazzy post-punk record

You live in Jersey? Would jam.

>tfw you realise a large generation of young people will make more music not based on one genre but on many due to the increasing diversification of music taste

well, if Sup Forums is anything to judge by, anyway

Jersey or New Jersey? UK Here

New. Sorry britbong

It's great when genres cross over naturally. But artist's that incorporate genres to be trendy/different always suck

Yeah, I agree, i'm trying to get to a point where I can just let music flow naturally, or whatever mood i'm in. Nothing I can't stand more than people who purposely try to 'fuse' genres, in the most generic way too

It's one thing to be influenced by a certain sound or artist, it's another to just blankly rip off something in a generic way without doing anything unique, then pass as it as something 'new' because you mixed death metal and funk or some shit.