Anyone ever worked at Whole Food before?

Anyone ever worked at Whole Food before?

What's it like working there?

Got a potential job interview there in a couple days

Are you a hippie?

Are you in Austin? If so, flagship store?

No, but the prospect of being around qt 3.14 hippie grills has be intrigued.

Also the $11/hr for a menial easy ass job is nice.

Nope. Missouri. There's a shitload of them here

Prepare for deluded shitheads who pay for overpriced food thinking it's "fresher" and won't shut the fuck up about it.

That's about what I'm expecting from a fru-fru organic food joint. But I'm pretty desensitized to annoying customers from my previous jobs.

The job itself is simple. Ringing up customers and bagging their purchases. The hardest part is managing the frustrations of people when they cannot find their special products that meet their dietary needs. It's complicated and sometimes confusing because they'll try to namedrop other companies and as a person, you just want to roll your eyes.

The environment is always great. Just about every WFM store I've worked in, the team is filled with great people and that makes it hard to leave.

They're very flexible with your schedule and willing to work with you when things come up.

Some stores/management are better than others, but no one is perfect.

I worked in one in NJ but it was over a decade ago. I actually liked it though, the pay was good for what it was, and I had way less shithead customers than at every other job I've ever had because the people who shop there are yuppie/hippie types.

>They're very flexible with your schedule and willing to work with you when things come up.
That's refreshing to hear. That's been the bane of all my prior jobs.

I know each store is different, but a lot of people have been saying they're flexible with scheduling. And given that WFM seems to employ predominatly younger people in schol like myself that seems like a good thing.

Really fun at first, but when you realize that you don't make enough to actually shop there you move on to a real job. Good place to meet a wife (if youre both working there) but you will see that whole foods creates the worst kind of customer.

Please explain

What do you mean it's a good place to find a wife? And what makes them the worst kind of customer?

Bump

Overall not bad

Pros:
>pays pretty well for a low skill job
>decent benefits
>coworkers and management are usually friendlier and easier to get along with
>overall better behaved and better looking clientele in the store
>very flexible scheduling
>gainsharing if your store is profiting
>plenty of advancement opportunities

cons:
>stupid as fuck customers and a lot of them expect more from you since its whole foods
>higher overall workload than similar jobs due to higher wage
>enough policies and procedures to drown a man

It also depends on whether you're working full or part time. Full timers tend to get preferential treatment and more opportunities for advancement but are also expected to have a much less flexible schedule.

Have worked at one in Arkansas for a little over a year. Best advice I can give if you get the job is watch your shit for the 90 day probationary period after you get hired. Turn over rate for new hires is insane and they won't hesitate to boot your ass out the door for repeated fuck ups

I'm really just looking for a menial job that pays decent enough while I finish up a certificate for another job. Luckily they seem to pay pretty well, far better than I was expecting.

>gainsharing if your store is profiting
What is this?

>higher overall workload than similar jobs due to higher wage
How so? What do you have to do? I've always had all the work passed on me anyways because I was the only competent worker there

>enough policies and procedures to drown a man
Meh, that's all jobs nowadays due to people being so sue happy. The policies aren't an issue. It's more so how much the management enforces them.

rich housewives...they always want young dick...trust me

It might sound stupid, but part of the reason I want to work there is for the pussy. I know that hot grills tend to work/shop at Whole Foods sends its seen as "trendy" and what have you

used to think it was kind of neat, until i found it that its owned by MONSANTO

Yeah, I worked there and I had a vape pen. They fired me because they were under the impression it was a "pipe.". Joke of a company

Being proletarian working class goyim, why should this bother me?

>all of these fags working at asshole foods in red states

be grateful, here in california, customer and co worker alike is a piece of fucking tumblr shit who shit all over if you're a cis white male and have the audacity to invade their safespace.

If you vape you deserve to be unemployed, you dirty bastard

Bump

sounds good for you then. Im part time while going to school and mma training and it pays the bills

Gainsharing - If your store/department is making extra profit then a certain percentage is passed back down to the employees. Usually its barely noticeable, 10-20 dollars every other paycheck but during holidays and busy times of the year you can see well over 100-200 dollars

higher workload - maybe im biased since my only other food service job before this was in a college cafeteria where i didn't have shit to do all day. But you will consistently have just a little bit more expected of you than you actually have the time/ability to do. at least at first

Policies- good point. Whole Foods just goes crazy with temperature and spoilage logging and every time they get inspected they usually add another log or recording system to the ever growing list.

It's a bunch of people in their 20s giving each other STDs.

One of my friends got hired on, very excited. Turns out they needed him only for the Christmas rush. No job three months later. Oh, well.

I an friends with the a manager who has been at several stores around naperville IL. he thinks it is a good gig and supports the employees. for minimum wage or a few bills better, you could do a hell of a lot worse

>If your store/department is making extra profit then a certain percentage is passed back down to the employees
Wow, that sounds pretty fucking awesome. I know it's not much, but that's pretty unheard of for me.

>But you will consistently have just a little bit more expected of you than you actually have the time/ability to do.
Yeah, I'm so used to this I probably wouldn't even notice. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sounds like a good time

If you get hired on during a holiday season and they don't keep you after it's over it's because you're no good. They just made that bit up about him being hired seasonly to soften the blow. Truth.

Yeah, it seems like a pretty sweet gig. All my past jobs have been pretty involved. Working at a grocery store seems easy as fuck