Holy fucking shit this is AWFUL. I expected bland, but this is actually offensive in how bad it is...

Holy fucking shit this is AWFUL. I expected bland, but this is actually offensive in how bad it is. How can anyone defend this thing? 3/10 on a good day maybe (this title track is OK), but wow.
Leaving LA in particular might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard, and I've been listening to music religiously for over a decade. Wow.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus'_Blood_Never_Failed_Me_Yet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine being this pleb

I bet you listen to Radiohead

What's your IQ count, just wondering

Nice b8 phone poster, but it does suck. However, leaving LA is one of the only good songs. The title track sucks.

i liked the first three tracks, the rest was average (birdie) to garbage (leaving la)

here
revolution is god tier

uh it's good because trump is DUMB IDIOT

ps god is gay

>hates radiohead
>defends boring trendy garbage that will be forgotten in a year

really makes you think

kek mate you wish FJM has staying power whether you like it or not

mediocre p4k-pushed indie trash, japandroids with a beard

I agree with gay ass OP
This is really not a good album. It's not about the music and with FJM, he is always outspoken but I don't want to hear him tell me about Trump all album long.

He needs to get a divorce from his wife for fucking a super famous actress and make a break up album next because that wheelhouse was good and he is pretty much our LSD, coachella -core white Kanye.

Being from LA, I actually think leaving la is well written lyrically if not totally fucking boring musically. The little violin doesn't help carry his 12 minute diatribe.

his lyrics are getting old and people are gonna get tired of hearing that kinda shit every year he releases a new album, and this is coming from someone who loves ILYHB

that comparison is shit, but so was comparing this to radiohead

not that guy but ppl like fjm, mark kozelek and angel olsen (also to a similar extent bon iver) are all top notch living working songwriters. you may not like their music but they're a dying breed in the grand scheme of things

wrote this
kind of agree with this but i feel the same whenever an artist releases two albums in quick succession, like when beach house released 2 albums and it was just a bit much, i love beach house but i had enough recent beach house in playlist rotation already

i fucked my best friends sister to this album and it was a wonderful experience

nice bait thread

double trip kek

I would love to bone my gf to Smoochie

I couldn't bear listening to it. I don't know why he thought he decided to make album based on Holy Shit and Bored in the USA and stretch it as long as possible. FJM just came out as condescending and pretentious. Another artist that got into making a album because "m-muh trump got elected, the world is shit!!1!"

It's been over two years since ILYHB, that seems to be the average time most artists take in between records. In all honesty it's probably just you user

It's about more than that you fucking mongoloid. Not to mention these songs were written well before Trump was elected

>implying fjm didn't direct them at the fact that trump was running or changed the lyrics to fit the presidential run

>m-muh trump got elected, the world is shit!!1!
i mean it's pretty crazy from our point of view he was just a real estate crook

Oh wow, he's so witty and a great lyricist for making lyrics about how he's taking himself so seriously. The type of commentary on life that he's bringing isn't new and is just a fucking rehash of what thousand's of people have already spewed which in itself also retarded. I love FJM but he made a shit album.

>It's about more than that
>religion sux guize i swear
>ppl r so greedy and dumb lmao

as i said above at least it's songwriting. at least songwriting is still a thing

right "songwriting"

as opposed to whom then, who that is working today

There is plenty of modern songwriters that are better or as good as FJM. Destroyer, Mac Demarco, Sturgil Simspons, James Blake, Frank Ocean, Bon Iver, Lykke Li, Julia Holter. I can go on, do you want me to?

>Julia Holter
yeah please do, i'm talking about in terms of how many people working in music total? i'm happy whenever a songwriter becomes successful because that means there's still room for songwriters to be successful. that's what i'm celebrating here why do people always have to turn it into a dick measuring contest

Do you not realize that all these people work on their music and lyrics too. It's not a very hard thing to find in the music industry. FJM isn't a gem in a pile of shit.

>Hating AOTY
> OP acting triggered as shit

Never change Sup Forums

Yea all those songwriters (and many many more) are better than FJM. Pure Comedy is insanely bad, I'm fully on board with OP tbqh.

People on here really do have shit taste ey? Honestly the amount of people defending this absolute garbage might finally give me the motivation to leave this shitty website. So thanks for that Tillman, thanks for that.

mark=phil>else>shit>dr. john misty

like the orchestration? hate the shitty lyrics?!

delete this and get you some GAVIN BRYARS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus'_Blood_Never_Failed_Me_Yet

(tom waits optional)

This album is litterally just *reads Nieztsche, Kamph and Kant* Onces

"dude I live in a western first world country and im white middle upperclass but doesnt everything SUCK??!! lmao"