What happened to him? I'd argue he was the best player in the world in 09/10 season. Did he just get bored?

What happened to him? I'd argue he was the best player in the world in 09/10 season. Did he just get bored?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOX2QpfMkq4
youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w
worldsoccertalk.com/2010/05/17/2009-10-best-epl-players-managers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hair transplant

Fergie babby

He wasn't even in the top 5 that season

stricter steroid testing, you do the math

He's at that point where he knows that he will be paid millions regardless of how mediocre he is.
He prolly makes 200-300K a week just by being good, but outstanding

*but not outstanding

He wasn't even the best player in Manchester that season.

>I'd argue he was the best player in the world in 09/10 season.
are you being le serious

>losing to Leeds in the FA cup

Fucking christ, this is good bait

Why is Alex Neil wearing a Man Utd shirt?

That's true, probably just doesn't care and wants to take it easy/enjoy playing.

>all this short term memory

rooney dominated the league as recently as 11/12 and served an important secondary role to RVP in 12/13. hes the reason united stayed dominant from 06/07 onward

Nobody is saying Rooney wasn't good. But the idea that he was even the best player in England, let alone the best in the world, during that time is absurd.

Well messi and ronaldo were always ahead. Id say he was top 3 bar the year torres was on fire

He was never top 3. Pick a season, any season, and there were always at least 5 players better than Rooney.

Messi may be the best in the world. But Rooney's goals are the most astonishing things that Ive ever seen and I also prefer his play style overall. Also Rooney is a one man team kind of player. He can score on his own from whatever distance and even under pressure. Messi just seems needy of his teamates which I dont enjoy as a football fan (and player) myself. I like natural strikers like Rooney or Ronaldo. More complete players in my eyes.

>he was top 3
Kek

>tfw you fall for bait

Fuck it, I wanted to post this anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=bOX2QpfMkq4

>I'd argue he was the best player in the world in 09/10 season.

I don't know what you've been smoking but I want some of that

>Messi just seems needy of his teamates

I still don't understand all the hate. So people are buttflustered that he isn't completely dominating the premier league at 31 because it isn't some kiddy league where defenders literally bend over with their pants down for you?

He's literally accomplished/accomplishing feats that have never been accomplished in our lifetimes.

On top of that. No one is going to one up in our lifetimes either most likely.

I don't actually know why I'm even posting this. The majority of Sup Forums doesn't watch sports. Take a look at this thread for proof.

he was only ever good at Everton

Messi and Cristiano happened.

and you didnt even hit puberty or watch football back then. still a virigin though ayy lmao

There. Now no frauds can get exposed.

OR DROPPED

>More complete player than Messi
Have a you, kebab

typical facebook-tier comment said by third-world football expert
I despise

Not gonna lie..

GOAT Rooney was the most exciting English player to watch in the past 50 years.

>the age of rooney

>Best in 09/10

In the PL alone I can think of a whole list of 'players' better than that ginger, Shrek looking, Gas station proposing, sum motherfucker:

Lampard
Drogba
Terry
Gerrard
Torres
Alonso
Fabregas
RVP
The beachball from that Liverpool meme goal
Bobby Zamora
A stray cat passing by the destitute province of Manshitster

Nice b8 tho.

>tf

name some players bar messi and ronaldo who could've been considered better than rooney in 09/10

i'm asking for 09/10 season specifically. who was better than him?

people on this board are starting to sound more and more like a troll football comment section.

Drogba and Lampard were absolutely sensational that season.

Do you not see his flag?

His legs are fucked up after continuous football at a professional level since he was 16.

Has more miles in him than his age suggests. He started at such a young age in the prem, people still tend to forget that. His aggressive playing style demanded fitness and pace from him. He's lost the pace. Seems like he also lacks the discipline and work ethic that kept guys like Giggs still performing in their 30's.

he had 34 goals by march that season and then he got injured.

but rooney is bad now haha so he was always bad haha look at me i watched the premier league last season too

Drogba played in African Federations cup and still ended up with a higher goal tally than Rooney(29-26).

rooney stopped playing after march dude. not a single goal after that injury.
also he was always more than just a goalscorer, unlike drogba

>i'm asking for 09/10 season specifically. who was better than him?

Are you asking about forwards alone? Messi, Ronaldo, Higuain, and Drogba all scored more. If you're looking at all positions, then obviously Lampard, Xavi, Iniesta, and Sneijder need to be added to the list of players who were better than Rooney that season.

>American humour

he's right lol

Oh, so this whole "Rooney was one of the best in the world in 09/10" thing was a joke? I feel dumb for taking it seriously now.

no one had a massive impact on the game that season as much as he had. scoring important goals and creating in general. he even defended.

he's an all rounder. that's why he none of the people you listed even come close. ronaldo was probably at his worst during his prime in 09/10, and messi probably was better.

No he didn't you fucking spastic.

he didn't what? he played against bayern half-injured and was the key component of all three goals in the first half. fergie took him out after he got re-injured and then they fell apart. he didn't play after and they lost the league because of it.

and we're talking post-ronaldo man utd. he took the main role and was finally playing to his fullest potential and the injury ruined it all.

you seriously think higuain scoring more than rooney in la liga means he had a better season? or that he's a better player?

or drogba who had no role other than goalscoring who played more than him that season?

>no one had a massive impact on the game that season as much as he had

Sneijder did with Inter.

Imagine being a slav Rooney bandwagoner.

Higuain had 27 goals and 7 assists in 32 games
Rooney had 26 goals and 5 assists in 32 games

And they both won jack shit. I think you can say that Higuain had a slightly better season.

>lel liga

come on man

again, higuain's only role is goalscoring. rooney is a number 10. scoring assisting, creating, even defending.

Imagine being a Norwegian Chelsea bandwagoner

>again, higuain's only role is goalscoring. rooney is a number 10

And yet Higuain still assisted more than him.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w

2010 was the changing of the guard. Fall of England. Rise of Buyern/Barca/Real.

Although Buyern have definitely underachieved with the teams they had over the past 6 years.

>Fall of England. Rise of Buyern/Barca/Real

But Barca won the CL twice in three years before 2010.

*four years

IN LEL LIGA

Fuck off you IGNORANT American.

>I only watch the "English" "Premier" League, the post
Know you're baiting but there are brits on Sup Forums that unironically think like that

You know 4chin really likes something when they trash on it kek jej lel

worldsoccertalk.com/2010/05/17/2009-10-best-epl-players-managers/

Inb4 muh shitty poll and toilet paper website

Goes to show people were rooting for Rooney and that might have been inflated numbers do to Man United supporters numbers

La Liga had the exact same UEFA coefficient as the PL in 2009-10 (17.928). The leagues were on the same level, there's no reason that goals in Spain would be worth less than goals in England.

also there's a difference in just passing it across the box for ronaldo to tap in and actually create an assist like a midfielder. rooney was the star in man utd, higuain was surrounded by world class players

>coefficient
Compare the teams they were in instead

>coefficient

you need to stop posting amerifat

Milito
Sneijder
Cambiasso
Xavi
Iniesta

But La Liga is a better league than the EPL.

Rooney's team had just reached two consecutive CL finals and reached another one the following season. They had just won their domestic league three times in a row.

Higuain's team was knocked out of the CL round of 16 for the sixth season in a row. They had just finished second in their league.

>he was the best player in the world in 09/10 season

Messi
Ronaldo
Sneijder
Robben
Milito
Xavi
Iniesta

what did Bianchi meant by that?

It's an easier league to score in. And Higuain was surrounded by world class players, Rooney had to carry a shit United team.

literally who

typical facebook-tier comment said by third-world football expert
I despise