Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums,
As a very young child my dad beat me not all the time but the times he did it would be in front of others and it was quite humiliated.

Now that he is far older and I am far stronger than him, do I strike him down and pummel him until he can no longer get up once per week until he dies of old age? Or do I forgive and live with his punishment eluding him forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8i-8Poz8VcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hear that getting your own child to beat is the proper christian thing to do. Seems to be very popular.

Hit him, yes, if it will make you feel better.
But keep in mind it's only legal until some neighbour finds out.

reminds me of this song

youtube.com/watch?v=8i-8Poz8VcQ

beat, beat, beat.. what the fuck means beat?
a slap in the face? a beat with a stick?

Forgive. Forgiveness is an acceptance that nothing will change the past. Including beating up some bitter old man. Just leave him out of your life and move forward.

Kicked me on the floor several times, smacked me around, what do you think it means? A beating thinking about it does make me angry, I think I will beat him down. I am a kind person otherwise. Nobody would ever think of me as the type to do this.

Then don't BE the type to do it. Only fucking faggots intentionally do harm to others

now that you are a man you've ever talked to your dad?
perhaps he apologizes, perhaps he is ashamed, people change

get a bat and beat his head into a skate ramp type shit and play with a tech deck with it. it'll be cool

I had that more or less. I just have noting to do with him. My past isnt worth destroying my future over. Still it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth though.

Revenge is one of the greatest pleasures in life... go for it if you must but just realize that people like this are the first to go to the police and act a victim, so I think it would be better to bait him into attacking you using a body camera with no sound and then to beat him good. Need evidence for when said faggot calls police. I have dealt with multiple scumbags in a similar fashion.

Always bait someone into attacking you. You may not get off scot free but you have a much better chance of doing so.

chop your dick off OP for being a faggot

bruh. no parent will beat you up for nothing/because they wanted to. of course he had a reason.

talk to him calmly.

only thing you should be asking rn is do i grab a baseball bat or a crowbar?

neither.

You leave.

The only reason you want to beat him is to make yourself feel better, but it won't. You still suffered. And besides I've seen plenty of cops get called for shit like that.

I'm sorry it happened. Hurting him won't fix it.

There was a reason, but there's good parenting and bad parenting. Beating a child on the ground is never warranted. user is not going to get what he wants from talking to him. Dad is scum and is going to justify his actions and turn it around on him.

>Always bait someone into attacking you.
if you are gonna do it, do it this way. make sure he gets a hit in if no witnesses. if witnesses make sure he at least pushes you or takes a swing. preferably some form of body contact.

sure he had a reason, it is just a shitty one. like "had a bad day, you wouldn't shut up, etc.."

>no parent will beat you up for nothing/because they wanted to
LOL

as long as you don't still live with him (sad!) I've heard the worst thing you can do to him is not talk to him ever again
but before you begin your passive aggressive long game maybe try talking to him one more time just in case he feels bad
if not then yeah let him rot
hope you don't have siblings or you'll need to convince them too

"hurting him wont fix it"
point is not to fix shit, its to let him know years ago he fucked up. big time

is there anything symbolic in your house? like picture in frame or something that holds value to him? if so, grab it and throw it at his head

This
If there was a way to timetravel to unbreak my face I'd have done that instead, but guess what I can't, so letting him know was and is the next best thing

when you are beating him, make sure to say I LEARNED IT FROM YOU DAD

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

also, kids are annoying as fuck man.

It doesn't work. A few months ago, my dad pushed me a bit too far and I grabbed him by the throat and started screaming in his face about how he was going to die alone.

When I was a kid, he had backed me into a corner in a bathroom - I just wanted to get away from him and he followed me in there. He reached out for my face, and I knocked his hand away and he freaked out YOU DONT STRIKE ME and grabbed me by the throat and started choking me.

I think I was 15 or something. I thought I had gotten past it. I have an ok relationship with him now.

anyway, he was asking me some questions about me and my sister, talking about how we were fucked up. I was trying to rationally explain to him that we had sort of a messed up childhood, and he said with a smirk, oh why, because I hit you a few times.

I literally don't remember what happened next, just that my hand was around his throat.

I screamed at him until he and my step mom left. told them to get the fuck out of my house.

>started crying once the adrenalyne wore off
>couldn't believe I grabbed my 60 year old dad with a fucked up spine who can barely walk by the throat
>told him he would die alone
>told him his kids fucking hated him
>told him he ruined us three kids ( drug addict / psych ward / cutter )
>realized how badly I had fucked up
>feel like piece of shit
>only very tiny part of me feels good about it

Wish I hadn't done it. Didn't need to do it.

He won't change. He doesn't think he did anything wrong. All I proved to him was that I was mentally unstable or something.

depends on the timeline and circumstances op. if he was drunk and fucked with you 3 times 15 years ago and you haven't seen or talked to him for a while you don't get to grow a pair out of the blue and go 'seek revenge' without provocation

well sure you can if you want. "grow a pair" isn't really an accurate description of a 15 year old turning to a 30 year old. I don't think he should hit him, but just sayin...

coming from a guy who got back at his bully this is not relatable.
>All I proved to him was that I was mentally unstable or something.
yea no shit, whole point is to make him taste the monster he created himself. too fucking bad you dont feel better about yourself.

sorry to hear you let remorse get in the way of enjoying the circle of abuse come to its inevitable close
I mean I get it, he was old weak shit by then, but everyone gets weak, that's why you don't be a complete fuck when you're strong then continue to be smug when you're not

now he has something to think about if nothing else

props for having your shit together enough to have a house though

just give an old man a well deserved slap in the face.

>to make yourself feel better, but it won't. You still suffered. And besides I've seen plenty of cops get called for shit like that.
>I'm sorry it happened. Hurting him won't fix it.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/15/17(Wed)02:19:49 No.725596

I had a friend who's mom used to break stuff like metal brooms over him and his brother, slap the shit out of them, shout at them until their ears would ring.
This was weekly. Sometimes there was a reason. Sometimes they just weren't asleep by 10 or tried to throw away their vegetables. Things like that.
But they were tough, whether it was from that or practicing kung-fu and beating each other from a young age or their mother. Probably both.
That and my friend had a temper, always fighting with older kids, usually dirty involving sand, cheap shots and excessive beating when defenseless. So its hard to pin it down.

He grew up to get addicted to cocaine, sold all his shit and moved out at 15 for coke, was never arrested but was homeless and resurfaced at 22 with a job and a house out of nowhere. Now him and his brother laugh about their angry asian mom breaking brooms and terrorising them around the house and throughout the years. I don't know how, they're just tough. It was technically and legally abuse I think. Bruises, fractured bones.
His little brother never went through what he did with coke, homelessness and crime, or getting stabbed in the back twice during all of it, but it seemed to bother them the same amount; none.
You know what else he did when he grew up? Talked to his mom about all of it. Then assumingly other family members. They worked through it and they still talk and go out to eat and hang out on holidays and shit.

You feel like a beta yet or do I gotta answer some questions?

Go take a look in the mirror and ask yourself; "Am I as immature as my father? Can we be family or do I cut him off? Even if I can't forgive him can I just let him exist as a human?"

IMHO i'd ditch him

Torture him slowly in a way only he knows & can't tell anyone about. idk how, but it would be the best o both. You get revenge & also get seen as forgiving by others.

Oh, he would never take responsibility for any of it. Everyone else is the problem, not him. People find ways to justify their shit. And you know what? I know his fucking dad used to beat the shit out of him when he stepped out of line. He was just playing his part.

I'm glad it worked for you though. But you know, that's probably just my self hatred, endless guilt, blah blah blah

Thanks man. yeah my life is ok. house, wife, self employed. baby boy. I can end the various cycles of emotional and physical abuse without fucking up my dad though.

I'm not being hard on myself, I just would have preferred not to do it. Or at least to have done it in a calculated fashion with a specific goal. Not ( once again ) letting him push me around.

Can't tell who you are referring to. Are you criticizing the people who said "hurting him won't fix it?" . because your story seems to say "better to talk it through"

I was in a similar situation. Forgive him. I went the way of violence when he hit financial problems and moved in with me. One day, my cousin was at my house when I went of on dad. Cousin came between us and said "Loser, you became him." Ouch. Fucking ouch. Suddenly the revenge thrill went to me seeing myself as scum of the earth. I forgave him almost immediately and begged for his forgiveness. I let dad live for me for free until he died after that, purely motivated by guilt. He was such a shadow of who he was.

>hey asian mom y u beat me
>cuz I wanted 2 lmao I sorry now pls take me out to dinner

I was reading a book today, and it said something like

..is it right for the father to use the rod on the child?

..is it now right for you a grown son to use the rod on your father?

no. old age is rod enough. care for your father.

Just sort of random, I put that book down and saw this thread.

literally this is my in laws

Just ditch the bastard. I haven't seen my father since I moved out of his abusive shit when I turned 17. It was an easier life not having to deal with him and tbh I don't care if he regrets it or not because I am simply better for the fact that I have not seen him.

Tldr: don't go out of your way to fuck with someone that fucked with you, you don't need that retarded cycle

there was a kid in my high school. his dad used to beat him for stupid fucking reasons. kid was a good one, didnt like to talk about his shit. but one day he had enough of his dads shit and decided to do something. So he grabbed a marker and painted a symbol on floor. then he summoned this spirit with huge fucking armor and shield. The spirit was to hold aggro while this guy would dps his dad quick. he had to be quick or Tank would not last long. They had no healer. He poped all his cooldowns and blasted his dad. he dropped an epic cloak and a helmet.

You should forgive him. Do not be nice to him, and do not care for him, but don't stoop to his level

Shreck is love, Shreck is life

come on ppl, dont be such fucking pussies. OP if you are to take their advice and just ignore/forgive him do it after you give him a good ol' achie slap. prove yourself that you got what it takes to put some1 on their place.

If you evidence crack the his back with the law

the fact that you can't get over this and is troubling you means your the one holding onto this not him.

your "revenge" is the only thing preventing this issue from healing over.

get over it and move on

this nigga clearly has some unresolved issues in which he is projecting onto you.

Sedate him strip him naked and throw him over the white house lawn. Enjoy the nationally reported incident. Is what I would like to say but who would suggest that? *Cough Cough*

I'm tired but I meant to refer to all three while saying they are all valid while not meaning to actually greentext quote at all

I'm tired but i pretty much mean, maybe talking isn't the best but maybe revenge isn't either.
Personally my family and parents in general are terrible and then act like I'm terrible for not being okay with them being terrible without ever getting an apology or any communication or recognition, while also ripping on me, my life, and my past without taking responsibility for how it makes me feel or what they've done to others. It's not even like I was doing bad. I had a real job, with good pay and health benefits, I was happy and they tell me serious as fuck to get a real job, start "actually" working over 40 hours a week (guess they didn't believe me) and to go to college all at the same time. I didn't go to college because I have experience in my field that allows me some career security. Might go back, probably wont need to.
I'm ranting but I cut them off, returned all their gifts, changed my number, moved and now I'm a ghost. Not really happy, but no longer unhappy with all of them playing the victim while just straight up picking on me for no reason which they don't do to literally anyone else in the family.

They actually pay as they're both business owners and they treat him with alot of respect like loving parents. It's actually suprising considering what I've heard. I actually really like them while being weary about letting myself even like them but what're you gonna do.

Suprised it hasn't turned out like

Kill him and post pics with timestamp

My dad went overboard. I graduated from belt buckle to clenched fist at the age of 12 and he did it no matter who was watching. He never went to jail nor had CPS involved because he was apperently (at the time) also made of magic. I promised to get back at him and when I was able, the joy torned to self loathing.

Same but not in front of anyone. So badly beaten I couldn't open my eyes. Grow the fuck up and realize this Shit just happens. Thank whatever you believe in you didn't get dealt a worse hand.

I healed from bruises quick when I was young. I could go from bruised all over to fine in two days. When people would call child services I would look ok by the time they came. So my childhood could have been better. Sorry to hear that You had that happen OP.