What do you call this guitar effect, and what songs/bands can you recommend that have it?

What do you call this guitar effect, and what songs/bands can you recommend that have it?

youtube.com/watch?v=V0tFimyLDMY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWxKP80W6jw&t=282s
youtube.com/watch?v=LayXKzbhtfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dCpyoZmXBgw
youtube.com/watch?v=u0PYwPMnUCM
youtube.com/watch?v=1yCQhX4ks4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Starts @1:52 my bad

Sounds somewhere between ZZ Top and Buckethead

I like Les Claypool's thing, but I'm looking more for stoner metal/psych rock if possible

Also, can be stoner/doom general.

I'll say it's wah and phaser. If thats not it then it can't be far off. He's using the wah right before it and then adds a phaser.

This. Or he's just going ape shit on that wah. I don't hear anything else like chorus or flanger that it could be

Well it is Wzard so it's possible he's just slamming it. Was thinking there could be a pedal or something for that though

It could just be a wah with a large sweep. But I hear some sort of rhythmic pulse type thing so I can't tell if that's him or a phaser

Nice almost-quads. Got any good recs tho? Always up for more Sabbath vein stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWxKP80W6jw&t=282s
this is perfect if you like Electric Wizard

Not really a stoner/doom/Black Sabbath esque kinda guy, except for kyuss, even though I love Sabbath. Do you got any recs? I was a little meh on that track but could see myself enjoying something similar. If you want stuff kinda like Sabbath from around their time though, check out Iron Butterfly's In A Gada Da Vida

Oh if you like Sabbath but Wizard is too much, I could go on forever with recs.

I plug this one all the time as well.

Any Ty Segall is good if you're a psych boi

Dude that's spooky. I was just listening to a Digibro video while reading this post and he mentioned these guys. Gonna check em out. Any other Electric Wizard you'd rec?

Dead Meadow isn't bad either, really warbly tho. 'Good Moanin' is probably my fav track by them (not on this album)

Huh, the universe is telling you to like Uncle Acid ig. And you mean like actual stuff by Wizard, or just Electric Wizard-esque? If actual, this album is probably my favorite.

Listening to this now man, it's pretty fuckin good. Reminds me a little of these guys. Check out this or Soma if you haven't heard them

Meant actual. Cause I liked the overall sound but was meh on the track. Will check out.

That album has a pretty similar sound overall. For track by track, go for 'Stone Magnet' off the self-titled and 'Return Trip' off Fanatics, 'Funeralopolis' and 'We Hate You' off , and 'Eko Eko Azarak' off We Live, and 'Black Mass' off Black Masses.

bongripper - satan worshiping doom

Got that one under the 'ol doom belt already. Good rec, but I prefer Hippie Killer. This is a hella one album if you're ok with growling.

I love how poppy but fucking heavy this is

youtube.com/watch?v=LayXKzbhtfQ

Also this

youtube.com/watch?v=dCpyoZmXBgw

In a kind of opposite way that reminds me of Sunbather. Not really my style in this particular song, but do you have anything more consistently heavy?

Wow you were on it before I posted my response. That's good shit, I'll check Torche out. Any particular album to start on? Haven't heard like, choral sludge before

Definately start with Torche S/T than check out their album Meanderthal, it's their most complete

also they are heavily influenced by Justin Broadrick projects, which is why the have much cleaner vocs, you might like his projects

youtube.com/watch?v=u0PYwPMnUCM
youtube.com/watch?v=1yCQhX4ks4k

Much more melodic than usual Sludge/Stoner

haven't heard of that, I'll check it out. Growling is my preferred vocal style for metal of any variety, what about Year of No Light - Tocsin

Those are both sick tracks. I'll have to check out those projects as well as the Torche albums. Added to my watch laters.

Also added that one, haven't heard em yet. You might like Neurosis then

You might like this. A little more psyche rock-ish than Sabbath and Uncle Acid, but it's still great.

What's In My Head is a fucking jam