I'm still using an Intel i7-2600, 12 GB of Kingston DDR3 1333 MHz CL 9 RAM and a wonderful 2011 Acer motherboard...

I'm still using an Intel i7-2600, 12 GB of Kingston DDR3 1333 MHz CL 9 RAM and a wonderful 2011 Acer motherboard. Convince me to upgrade. Pic unrelated.

no

Can you toast bread with it? No? upgrade to amd now

At least you tried.

Sounds like a worthy upgrade, but I guess I'd have to upgrade my PSU too

no

Woah calm down

no

Alright, alright, I'll stop bothering you. I'm sorry

It's fine, the only thing that is shit is the ram and even it ends up being just fine these days

GPU?

honestly, if your looking to game on that pc at 1080p you could invest a little on a GPU (if you dont already own one) and still play new titles just fine at 60fps

i7 2600, you dont need to upgrade that really no point it still holds its own agains whatever is out tooday,

I have that and it's been running at 4.8 since day 1

DDR is useless

Only your grafic card might be needing a change dependin what it is

You mean that even though the RAM is shit, it's still good enough? I'm using an R9 270X, was thinking of buying a second one and putting it in crossfire, but don't have a PCI slot on my mobo left

no

Just get a new single GPU, something like a 1070

no

/thread

sage

Yes, it is still good enough. New DDR3 RAM doesn't cost much these days so an upgrade could cost 50 bucks or so for 16 gb of cas 7-7-7-21 1600+

sage

Sounds fine to me. Just blast the dust out with some compressed air and you're good to go.

The 270x isn't a bad card, I've had one myself but you could go for an upgrade not a crossfire

me

Yes, but consider to change it soon, DDR4 is the standard for most new games and DDR5 is in development already

Also toss that GPU away and buy a 1060

this would not bottleneck a 1080 so why upgrade

Don't you think that I might as well buy a new mobo, cpu, ram and secondhand r9 270x instead of buying an expensive new graphics card?

Why don't you upgrade to a gaming macbook pro? Oh, that's right, you can't afford it. Enjoy your inferior, made in China PC build. Lol. Pleb.

DDR4 might be the upcoming standard, but that does not mean DDR3 or even DDR2 is dead

Shut up nerds. Thread is over. Take it to Sage.

Crossfire/SLI does not gain as much performance as you would hope, and not all games and programs support it!

Also the 2600k is known to be one of the most stable overclock chip out there, easy to get to 4.8ghz without even trying

I still have an intel 2600k with asus sabertooth p67 with a 680gtx ripsaw ddr3 ram at 2133hz with samsung evo ssd..im still happy

Yes, DDR3 is still strong at most games, but most new games are starting to use DDR4 as main, but still, DDR3 has years until it becomes obsolete

It will be better, cheaper and more futureproof to buy a new video card

This is so much faster. Instant results

suck me, this is Sup Forums

I don't have the turbo one

Guess I'll just upgrade my graphics card. Thanks!

cleaning up the os and removing startup programs and process and services will make any computer much faster.

get higher speed ram if mobo supports it

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

You reek of HIV, among other STDs, you cock fag.

I ditched everything and went for a clean install on a SSD ^^

I've been running an Intel i5-2500k at 4.8GHz for the past 6 years. Still going.

That's pretty nice, clean it often?

Call me a homosexual if you wish, but know I will always pull more bitches on my pole. And I am a dweeb.

>but know I will always pull more bitches on my pole

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

It has a Corsair H60 on it. I clean it about once a month. I re-seated the heatsink a few months ago after noticing they were higher than normal; everything returned to normal afterward.

Take it as falsehood but it is not

Don't need to.

If it breaks, then get some upgrades. That or games increase in requirements. If you want to have better graphics, get some upgrades too.

If you have money to spend and don't know what to spend it on, either save it or spend it on PC upgrades.

Done.