I have court in a few weeks, what's it like. Is it like TV with all the people and I have to give a statement etc...

I have court in a few weeks, what's it like. Is it like TV with all the people and I have to give a statement etc. Or is it just me, the judge and a few officers??

tl;dr im scared shitless

Depends on what you did..

Depends on what you're going to court for.

Running from a taxi, possession of a bowl

Can you just google it ffs user?

It's hard, it doesn't give me good answers for my specific crimes

What did you do

It will be with a bunch of people if it's a small crime. I have court next week, also scared, but probably won't go to jail...i hope.

What? Explain

If this is actually your crime, it will be a group court setting. Wait your turn, be respectful.

I ran from a taxi because it was over 60 dollars and I didn't have it on me and I was drunk. I started to run and I hid in someones backyard but somehow 3 cops popped up and saw me. When they brought me back to the station they found a bowl on me.

Group court setting is?

Multiple people with small crimes, usually similar in nature. Judge will talk to you for a short while about it, and probably fine you.

If this is all, it'll be you, your counsel, and a judge. You'll plead guilty for whatever deal your counsel agreed to with the prosecutor, who likely won't be there. Probably a fine and probation. If you're a previous offender, and live in a shitty state, maybe some jail time.

Basically you and the judge and the participants in the other four dozen nonsense cases the judge has to bang through that day. You'll survive.

Take some time in the next couple of weeks and go to the court. Find your room and just sit in the back at the time your hearing will be. Observe. That is how it will be for you.

Courts are open to the public, so you can stop by and watch anytime (unless the judge kicks you out).

New york. and thanks for the information.
alright thanks
Idk about all of that, but i understand.

The prosecutor won't be there? The fuck kind of shit jurisdiction do you live in? In my state, if the prosecutor doesn't show that's failure to prosecute, case dismissed.

While I was running from the taxi, I ran through an alleyway. But with my luck a few minutes after I ran through the alleyway some guy fell and busted his face. Cops got a call and saw my tracks in the snow with a dudes face next to them bleeding. So they sent a ton of cops searching for me. That's what got me caught, because they thought I punched someone. Which led me to be arrested right there. They threw me in the cop car without listening to my story. Innocent until proven guilty is not what actually happens. I was handcuffed without being listened too and thrown into a cop car without any proof it was me doing the crime. And when I said i didnt do anything he said "if ur gonna lie ur going to jail rn"

We don't all live in rural South Dakota. Most states have criminal court backlogs longer than the unpaved road between your trailer home and the nearest convenience store (i.e. the place where you buy your groceries.)

The prosecutor generally only shows up in disputed cases. In OP's case, the details are worked out, paperwork signed, and all OP and his counsel have to do is show up and say "Yup, my rights have been upheld and I accept whatever punishment for my screw-up that shouldn't even be a crime."

Thus end 95% of "trials" in the U.S.

Points for cleverness, but I practice in Washington D.C. Seriously, where is this place where prosecutors don't actually have to show up for hearings?

You'll be fine I promise. A paraphernalia charge isn't shit.

How big is the fine gonna be from running from a taxi,