What's your personal rating system like?

What's your personal rating system like?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Priestbob
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Masterpiece
Amazing
Great
Good
Ok
Mediocre
Weak
Bad
Awful
Unlistenable

I don't rate music I just listen to it

5.0: Completely unlistenable
4.5: Shit
4.0: no
3.5: why
3.0: mediocre
2.5: bretty gud
2.0: Not too shabby
1.5: Great
1.0: Approaching Perfection
0.5: Masterpiece

This is the only correct system. Anything else is pretentious rubbish.

Now the real question is what is your curve like?

Replay all day
Replay any day
Favorites
Revisited
Enjoyed
Meh
I'll pass
1.5 (I don't use lower ratings)
Nooooo

Slightly inflated

What garbage. Who wants to talk about autistic shit like scales? All heads report to the real RYM thread ----->> >72570751
^
^
^

herp derp just make your scale 1 to 10 if you're going to include 1/2 points.

If someone asks me for a number
Nigger what are you doing
Poor album, but I see what you were trying for and see some redemptive qualities in that
Average/run of the mill/ nothing special, but not a poorly put together album
Good album but doesn't suit me personally
Good album and suits me personally

The best song on a 2 album may make it into my rotation every few months. I may put all the singles from a 3 into rotation every few months, and recommend the full album to someone who I know particularly likes the genre. A 4 gets a full dedicated listen every year or so, and I may pull out my favorite tracks for regular play, AND I may listen to the full album as background music for other activities. A 5 has multiple tracks on my regular playlists, Anthony Fantano told me it was good, and will often get full dedicated listens multiple times a month.

rate my curve
rateyourmusic.com/~Priestbob

I think being slightly inflated towards positive scores is how a curve should be. Most things I listen to are either decent or good, but that's because I don't go out of my way to listen to music I know I won't like such as certain RYM autists who rate everything they come across. Also if an album doesn't interest me I'm less likely to listen to the whole thing through, which is essential before I can give a rating to anything.

agree with this completely
if an album starts to bore me i never finish it - and never feel comfortable rating it
everything i finish is bound to be a 7 or above unless i really force myself through it

Yep, the exception is an album of an artist I already like that fails to meet expectations. I'll listen through it a couple of times because I'll want to "get it", but when I don't it's going to get a poor rating. Most of my negative scores come from these sort of examples

You're a faggot

Why do people rate things badly if it isn't to their taste, people give Everything Everything - Get to heaven a bad score because they don't like falsetto's,
its those same autists that rate anything electronic that isn't ambient as bad because it somehow is """copying daft punk""""

k

I'll bite- what's the one 5.0 rating belong to?

This

This. I have in other words of course, and Masterpiece is kinda of lame word (and saying unlistenable is lame as well), but this.

Faust's self titled

Eh, not bad of a pick.

aqam?

op here

it's radio amor

im transmitting tonight

indeed

masterpiece/near masterpiece
amazing
great
good/decent
average/mediocre
bad/terrible

i don't really feel like taking time to distinguish from a 1.5/1.0/0.5 or from 4.5/5.0 so i skip some intermediate scores.

4.5 I like it
3.0 It's ok
1.5 I'ts not ok

the first non-positive faggot tier one itt