If you don't like Radiohead

>If you don't like Radiohead.

Why do tryhard hipster beta males like to talk shit about the greatest band of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/indieheads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(You)

theyre trying to show us that there are higher forms of zen

I have literally never known a band with more beta males in its fanbase than Radiohead. Seriously.

Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery.

Any time a band is widely respected there are a group that will hate them to appear different.

Radiohead's too big a band to generalize their fanbase.

this there's tens of millions of RH fans

Whoops! Seems you've wandered outside of you hugbox!

reddit.com/r/indieheads/

There! Now make your way home safely, no need to thank us friendly fellows here at Sup Forums!

That's all the tens of millions of psuedo-intellectual, fake-deep rockist scum then

>singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs

What did she mean by this?

STFU you beta male***

I don't know

Well, first of all, their music seems designed to induce a feeling of cloudy, quintessentially-british malaise and depression.

--which is a legitimate goal, I guess, but I'm never sitting around like "you know how I wish I felt? I wish I felt like I was in London on a shitty day feeling alienated from humanity." It's a really shit feeling. It does nothing for me--it's bland and draining and soulless.

Add to this that literally like every other track is some thinly-veiled political metaphor about how technocracy and globalism are spiritually bereft or how George Bush is an asshole or how tories suck... *YAWN*

--add all this to the fact that the vocal melodies always always ALWAYS follow this spooky ghost-sounding diminished minor formula that at a certain point stop sounding "haunting" and start sounding like a guy who's falling back on half-tone descending melodies as a cheap way of invoking gloom.

And as I've said before, I don't even like gloom that much. Gloom is not fun for me.

But I could forgive all this and just let Radiohead be if the fans--THE FUCKING FANS would just go like "oh not your cup of tea, huh? that's fine; different strokes for different--" but no it's always how I don't get it or I can't handle it or I'm a contrarian or I'm uncultured or I'm a hipster because I don't like a ponytailed lazy-eyed british dude minor-key wailing in my ear about how the human condition is bad while another guy plays jazz drums and another guy shows off how weird he can make his guitar sound.

I've tried over and over and over again with this band, and I just keep finding myself transported to a rainy London bus stop on a dreary day thinking about how humans are sheep and how smart I am and how technology is alienating and how cultured I am for appreciating jazz-influenced and noisy elements in rock. It's a DRAG.

best post on this board rn

I "believe" YOU

You don't get it, you can't handle it, you're a contrarian, you're uncultured and you're a hipster because you don't like a ponytailed lazy-eyed british dude minor-key wailing in your ear about how the human condition is bad while another guy plays jazz drums and another guy shows off how weird he can make his guitar sound.

radiohead is just a poor man's coldplay

enough said

both are beta emo shit

name ONE band better than radiohead

U2

Cardiacs

Kiss

Headradio

The Smiths.
The Cure.

smiths > the cure

MUSE

TVbrain

Coldplay

>CAUSE I'M A CREEP

Kek

oh not your cup of tea, huh? that's fine; different strokes for different folks
radiohead is my fave band and i own all the vinyls but at the same time i'm your typical depressed english teadrinker that plays guitar and likes to think he's smart

WHHYYYY CAN'T IIIIIIII
SEE THE SUNPOTS IN YOUR EEYYYYEEESSSSSSS

>reddit.com/r/indieheads/
>radiohead
>indie

>2 HEADED BOY

Talking Heads
Pop Group
Joy Division
Smiths

Plus: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, King Crimson, Current 93, Swans, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, and Modest Mouse if you argue that Radiohead has more work