Anyone had to fire anyone?

Anyone had to fire anyone?

I fired my first employee today.

They didn't do anything wrong, they were just really slow and needed a large amount of handholding to get anything done. Became a drain on morale.

She cried, a lot.

Yes it sucks.

There is only one employee i had to let go that i didnt feel that way about.

He was gaming me and i kept telling the boss we need to fire him.

He ended up fucking himself in front of the boss and he fired him on the spot. The boss wasted 6 months of my time by not listening to me.

Most recently i had to let an employee go for being out all the time "sick"

This time the boss listened.

I've fired a lot of people in my time. It generally makes me feel bad. Cutting off someone means for living. There are the rare occasions where I am filled with petty glee

fired more than a few people over my career. ive never felt good or bad about, its just part of the job and needs to be done every so often. though i would have to say one of the funnier experiences i had firing someone was when i had one of the older guys teenage sons working for us. kid was lazy beyond belief so i fired him the first day he was out on the site, i drove him back into town and he kept trying to tell me i cant fire him because he was with in the employee probation period and that he was gunna file a complaint against me.

yep. got him canned for refusing to be trained and falling asleep on the job. #feltkindabad

you probably shouldnt feel bad. refuses to be trained and falls asleep on the job? nigga what the fuck are you doing, id can his ass immediately

I got laid off and still can't find work, if that matters any.

No love lost, part of business I guess. Really want to be earning money again

Fuck nigga I fire at least a person every month.

Sometimes it's really retarded.
Like was this one guy that showed up late and drunk. Late I can forgive from time to time. But not drunk.

3days later his wife shows up and she is crying and crying and begging and begging.

Shit, one last chance. Give him week off without pay, he needs to show up in a week and convince me he changed and that he wants the job.
He shows up stinking of alcohol.
Slammed door in his face and called security

shit like that happens non stop

Do something over the internet. I do it, made it all work for me. Your personal workforce find it through Google.
Also others need remote employees just find me.
The idea is that you will pay less and get similar quality.

O yeah and I did fire a guy just last night.
I am really not racist, but have decided never to work with black people again. I had 3 people do the full time and all of them either didn't work, or lied about their knowledge and past jobs. All of them black. Also had only 2 clients that didn't pay, blacks. Isn't that just crazy?
Tried to interview another black person last night, she said she was a dispatcher for years. When I asked about the regulations, protocols or anything important, she goes on to say that she didn't do that kind of a dispatching, other kind. Then I see on her resume (CV) she never did any dispatching.
Wtf

Did you at least give her a chance to win her job back? Was she hot?

I personally don't get to say the words, but I can and have had to send E-mails about various temps with whom I work with weather they be late, miss work, or just all around not able to handle the job.

Do I feel bad, sometimes, if I see they're putting forth an effort, but just can't keep up, I know it isn't their fault, but if they've become complacent and think it's okay to slack, I have no sympathy. I'm about to end one guy's employment with us once he finishes his week Friday. I'll send the temp agency an E-mail saying he's no longer needed and they'll be the ones to call him.

Yep. I've also run redundancies and closed uneconomic facilities, as well as putting subsidiaries into administration.

It's never easy. Do you have employment protection laws and had to go through consultation, verbal warnings and then written warnings before termination?

You just have to be exceptionally well-prepared, calm and keep emotions out of it. But if you hadn't done it, the rest of your staff would regard you as a poor manager.

This is why managers can never be friends with their subordinbates

*subordinates

I live in TN, right to work state, don't even need a reason to fire someone, can literally say "Hey, we don't like how you're working, go home."

I don't think McDonalds counts in this thread you bitch

A rather big bakery not McD

There have been many times in the UK where I wish I'd had that ability. the amount of management time it can take to get rid of a fuckwit can be huge.

Here it's often easier to have a "redundancy" nd make the job redundant, although if there are other people in similar jobs you still have to be careful. Some companies resort to just giving the fuckwit a big cheque and saying "this is more money than you'll get at an employment tribunal; sign this NDA, clear your desk and don't come in tomorrow". We'll send your P45 in the post.

I work in a really big bakery too. Where you at, fam?

The ability to do that has bitten me in the ass once or twice. It can be tough sticking with something long enough and dodging personal life things in the process to get to a point where removing you in such a way would leave too big of a void. It's stressful to say the least, but it is nice now.

I had to sack my fiance only due to staff getting laid off, she was pissed with me and left me!!! god knows why ^__^

Central, Eastern Yurop

Oh wow, I'm here in TN, funny you mention Bakery and McDonalds because we make bread for them.

I had to fire a wait staff member, but it didn't feel too bad because it was really long overdue.

She didn't do a single thing right, and would skip work a lot. The only reason she wasn't fired sooner was because my superior at the time was awful and would overlook her problems because they got along well.

Another reason I didn't feel bad firing her was because I felt bad for her coworkers--they were good kids, and had to pick up her slack whenever she was scheduled to work.

This is the kind of shit that management doesn't get about temp agencies. Firing people like disposable garbage and you're complaining about efficiency?

Find out how much of a cut the agency takes out of their pay to work at your shitty place and then tell me they aren't motivated to work.

I've had to fire quite a few. Mostly for safety concerns but several for poor attitudes like getting aggressive or combative when being instructed. Then there's always the shit bag millenials that feel entitled to show up late when they do show up and then are happy to let everyone else carry their weight.

Haha, I do all the same work they do and then my own stuff as a hired employee. I have absolutely no sympathy for bitch ass whiny little shit-stains that think they are allowed to cry when they can't keep up with the job.

As far as how much the agency is "getting a cut" we fucking pay them $14/h per temp while the temp gets $11.50/h of that. We are the highest paying factory for temps in my area and hired on, that pay jumps to $14/h. It's only 90 days lumping it as a temp before we'll hire you on and train you to do more things and someone else will take your spot. We have a large facility and are constantly looking for people to bring in full-time, but only if they can handle the work, which many of them cannot.

>he only reason she wasn't fired sooner was because my superior at the time was awful and would overlook her problems because they got along well.
>Another reason I didn't feel bad firing her was because I felt bad for her coworkers--they were good kids, and had to pick up her slack whenever she was scheduled to work.
There posts a mature manager

Do we have a story to go with this picture?

When I was fired from my temp job, they came for my badge 5 minutes before closing, just told me I wouldn't be needed anymore.