Early 2000s thread

Question for 20 year olds: do you associate your childhood more closely with early 2000s music like Gorillaz and Daft Punk? Or 2006-2009 music like Justin Bieber and Hannah Montana?

strawpoll.me/12877970/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6epMQlNWtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Late 2000's to me is not pop music, to me its the peak of indie rock like vampire weekend, lcd soundsystem, mgmt, arcade fire.

Anyways, the early 2000's it reminds me of the strokes, the white stripes, arctic monkeys, rock was still culturally relevant.
And of course there was emo, mcr, panic at the disco, fall out boy.
The early 2000's was also the twilight of pop punk, green day, sum 41, blink 182, etc.

Also everyone forgets nu metal, deftones, korn, system of a down, slipknot.

All that pop garbage i do not associate with my life because i never listened to it

Oh, there was also a lot of garbage rock the hip people would like to forget, like drowning pool, disturbed, hoobastank, linken park, incubus.

Really rock music was a thing and i miss it, and i hate this garbage popatmist world.

1997 here

I identify with both to a pretty large extent. I think people born in our year specifically were old enough to remember things from both lists

Yeah definitely

Buttercup was the best one

Motherfucker original Ben 10 is way past the rest of that stuff

Original Ben 10 came out in 2005 and was at the peak of its popularity in summer 2006. Summer 2006 was immediately before the huge social media explosion, Pluto no longer being a planet, Democrats taking control of Congress, WB becoming CW, etc. that happened around September-December 2006, so I think Ben 10 can just barely be lumped into the "old generation" of things.

I'm 21 and definitely early 2000s. gorillaz, green day etc.

Buttercup > Blossom > Bubbles

I associate my childhood musical taste with Green Day and other pop-punk bands thanks to extreme sports games.

I don't associate my childhood with music at all. All I did was watch youtube and play halo 3.. I didn't actually start listening to full length albums until I was a freshmen in high school

Born 94 and those dubs don't lie.

Crank dat mother fuckin soulja boy
And gaga

I'm 22. I didn't listen to any music at all back then but all I heard was stuff like "Hey Soul Sister" from Train, stuff from Matchbox 20, Paramore, Avril Levigne and Evanessence (esp bring me to life).Also Last Friday Night and Firework by Katy Perry. This was when I was maybe like 13-15 I hated every minute of it.

>Late 2000's to me is not pop music, to me its the peak of indie rock like vampire weekend, lcd soundsystem, mgmt, arcade fire.
so true. 2008-2009 was the absolute peak of indie rock, has been dropping ever since. i remember going to music festivals back then and it was just dominated by indie rock. then EDM started creeping in, then various forms of rap, and now most festivals are edm/rap heavy with indie rock and all kinds of rock really relegated to a secondary or even tertiary role.

1996 here. I associate more with the early 2000s music. I still remember going on MTV every morning to watch the music videos, and going on yahoo music to watch Kanyes Jesus walks. I remember an old friend of mine had the CD for demon days which is how I got into Gorillaz.

Do you associate your childhood in general more with early 2000s, or the late 2000s? Are you a Powerpuff girls person, or an Out of Jimmy's Head person?

1997 master race checking in.

So if you were born in 97, do you associate your childhood in general more with early 2000s, or the late 2000s? Are you a Powerpuff girls person, or an Out of Jimmy's Head person?

Powerpuff girls (especially that drum n bass intro).

mmm its weird because i could identify with both.

Hmmm born in 1986, its rare to listen to what the 2000's have offered. But there is some good shit here and there.

I didn't mean out of jimmy heads. I don't even know what that is. I meant I could identify with late 2000s culture as well.

Agreed, '97 fag here

>Cherrypicking all early 2000s music as being Daft Punk and cherrypicking all late 2000s music as being Justin Bieber to make the late 2000s look bad

Oh look, another nostalgiafag defener

This

But if someone pulled a gun up to your head and force you to choose, which one would you choose?

I'd teleport behind them, unsheath my 1000 times folded steel katanā blade, and cleave them in twain, then chuckle softly and utter
>better luck next time...

I always loved the end credits song. Not because of the nostalgia necessarily, but because the cord progression seems a mix of hopeful and slightly somber.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6epMQlNWtI

I WANT TO EAT BLOSSOM ASSHOLE

Control your degenerate urges Sup Forums, no IRL girl would want to date a man who is a pedophile.

>using the term degenerate unironically

go back to Sup Forums, people will agree with you more than here over there

>no IRL girl would want to date a man who is a pedophile
The real question is why would a non-pedophile want to date a girl, considering women never mature mentally past 12 year olds?

2000-2006

I hated 2006-2009 when it comes to "kid culture"

Buttercup is the best one.

Blossom plebs get fucked.

95 here
Mostly associate my childhood with post Britpop bands like Coldplay and Keane and the big wave of indie bands like Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand

KEEP VOTING TILL THE STRAWPOLL REACHES 1000

Asked it before I'll ask you again, do you associate your childhood in general more with early 2000s, or the late 2000s? Are you a Powerpuff girls person, or an Out of Jimmy's Head person?