This guy and every other music critic ever

You have to be a little bit up your own ass to record your opinions and upload them on the internet, knowing that you will probably change your mind on it.

You have to even further up your ass if you don't think that the vast majority of people reading or watching reviews are looking to have their opinions validated

You have to be all the way up your own ass to review every album the same and put them all on a numeric scale when the vast majority of albums excel in so many different ways

You have to be tearing your own ass apart if you think being a music critic in 2017 is worth something. Streaming and torrent sites have made the music critic obsolete. If you want to listen to a record you can play it or download it within minutes and form your own opinion.

In short music critics are useless. If you are interested in somebodies music go listen to the music and form your own opinion. Stop trying to have your opinions validated by some stranger on the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvNjCNBVs9k
pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>knowing that you will probably change your mind on it.
Fantano is pretty stubborn and rarely if ever changes his mind on anything

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN I FELL FOR THE FANTANO HATE MEME YEARS AGO AND NOW I CAN'T RELATE WHEN QT INDIE GIRLS BRING HIM UP AND LAUGH AT HIS MEMES

DO
NOT
LISTEN
TO
THIS
FAGGOT

> You have to be a little bit up your own ass to record your opinions and upload them on the internet
What do you think Sup Forums is?

>Waaah Anthony is a pretentious douche and his opinions don't matter!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=qvNjCNBVs9k

an anonymous board in which your opinion is worth as much as anyone else's and generates discussion

Music criticism can be helpful for sifting through the vast oceans of material. Content curation you trust is valuable, but everyone has different taste so you shouldn't be afraid to form your own opinion.

Never met any remotely qt girls that have referenced him or his memes and I live in a big city

>Sup Forums
>discussion

youre retarded if you think most people want to form their own opinions about music...thats literally why huge companies like billboard exist, thats why everyone listens to the radio. No regular highschool-post college person forms their own opinions about anything, much less their music.

OP irl:

random person: hey man did you hear the new _____ album, it's really good?
OP: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? DID YOU TRY TO COMMUNICATE AN OPINION ON MUSIC WITHOUT MY CONSENT?

shit ur right

lmao

You sound envious.

You can objectively rate the quality of pollution in water, the quality of service at a restaurant, or the quality of the construction build of a skyscraper for safety and efficiency.

You can't rate the quality of something subjective like 'art', because people can connect with it in immense ways despite your dislike of something. If I make a really shitty album but have a single lyrics about a stuffed gorilla in it, it might be some guy's favorite song because his mom gave him a stuffed gorilla right before she died. It doesn't matter how 'bad' someone like that guy says the album is, that kid will still connect and tear up every time he hears the song.

People who watch his videos, listen to his opinions, and parrot them to seem informed and cultured are sad and pathetic. They are followers by nature and empty husks of humans, incapable of being individuals. They have no real identity, they have no individuality, and are the most boring and unpleasant people to be around. I pity every single one of his subscribers.

people don't know the basic definitions of art and design

design can be rated because it has a purpose,
art has no purpose other than self expression and only idiots try to compare art to other art objectively

His videos are for mass consumption which means his audience is probably 90% casual listeners. If his reviews gets someone interested in music on a deeper level and allows them to form their own sound criteria and sensibilities by which to judge music then all the better, but let's stop pretending like the majority of his views don't come from relative newbies who want some guide on what to listen to or learn more about what they are listening or his bad scores for the roasting.

Also you sound jealous.

NUMERIC SCALES ARE HATE SPEECH

>You have to be tearing your own ass apart if you think being a music critic in 2017 is worth something.

Too lazy to upload a picture of my pay stub, but $100 per article.

what a fucking tool

who gets that haircut on purpose?

you contribute nothing to society though

if anything you make the world a worse place to live in

Well said.

But what if my mother gave me shit service at a restaurant right before she died you fucking asshole.

I didn't mean monetary value when I mentioned worth.

Maybe not, but my opinions were an improvement over the generic reviews that were placeholders before me. Plus it wasn't my day job.

>opinions

i think you need to play this game

pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

also google the difference between art and design

lmao what point are you even trying to make at this point?

OP so far hasn't argued with anyone with a valid counterpoint. He's just getting on a pedestal and spewing his opinions, not unlike what he accuses Melon of doing.

So this is another melon bait. You suck OP.

you just did exactly what you accused OP of and contributed nothing to this discussion

A... are you saying I'm mistaken and that my opinions were facts all along?

I already contributed. OP has ignored it and wont further the discussion.

nope not true. i'm here responding to comments I find interesting.

that post isn't even worth replying to

not OP btw

interesting as in they don't challenge your myopic and impractical views about music consumption and the argument you've put forth in opening post

yeah this is bait, anyone who isn't brain damaged can see through it.

I'm aware that the mentioning of being up once own ass can be provocative but
what outside of that makes me sound envious? I would like to fix it since it doesn't reflect what I was trying to portray.

Opinions are the patriarchy.

You're just a bunch of shallow young adults. This is no different from the youtube comment section. Heck, you probably learn what you know about music through shortcuts and instant gratification.

This board is not to be taken seriously.

it is worth responding to because it alludes to the need of both casual and hardcore consumers of an artform and gets to the crux of OP's arguments, but this board is full of brain dead idiots who would rather meme and act superior than have an actual discussion so Im not surprised

See, dude?

What are you doing to me here, my man? Just how old are you? Opinions are the patriarchy, really?

Do you live on the internet? I guess it's people like you that keep this place alive... fuck you all.

>This is no different from the youtube comment section.

L

Listen up you stupid fucks.

Art vs design.

Design has a purpose, an end goal: We need to make a jingle for spotify to promote our premium service.

Oh look, our jingle increased subscribers by 80% because it used sounds and arrangement techniques relevant to the area and demographic we were aiming for great song 8/10.

This is fine.

Art:
Herp derp this song doesn't sound good to my ears, the other music i've listed to sounds more like most of the music I listen to, I haven't been exposed to enough of this genre yet so the synapses in my brain don't go off as much as the other music I listen to so 2/10

This is stupid.

Fucking educate yourselves.

I don't like theneedledrop, but thatistheplan is the superior channel, clearly.

>Claims we are shallow
>Dismiss opinions due to someones age

lol

It would be a good channel if he didn't give the album a score at the end. He wouldn't have nearly as big of a following because there wouldn't be as much salt and negativity thrown around, so he would never do that.

Fantano supporters are all pawns.

a lot of his detractors are pawns too, they let his opinion affect them too much.

if you watch his channel you are a supporter, whether you agree with him or not.

reread my post to yourself until it makes sense

>He wouldn't have nearly as big of a following because there wouldn't be as much salt and negativity thrown around,

I'm interested on the opinion of others. What's the problem with that?

Opinions are sexist and kill thousands of children every year.

>Stop trying to have your opinions validated by some stranger on the internet.

Isn't that Sup Forumss main function?

a detractor can stop watching his videos and just spread wanton negativity about him and tell others not to watch his videos

they would be a pawns because they are so angry over one man's opinion

understood MY point?

wtf I hate opinons now

Yeah, who on this board wouldn't love to get paid a living wage to listen to music all day and share opinions? What's your point?

Wale and Vince Staples are apparently mad af at him

You seem really mad that people have opinions about what art they like or dislike

How can you be so sure that 90% of people watching his videos are casual listeners? What is a casual listener anyway? In what way is he helping people enjoy music on a deeper level? What are sensibilities to judge music by?

All that things you have mentioned point to the idea that somebody who has listened to alot of music has a better ear for music thats worth listening to. This idea is the disease that is ruining music. Enjoy what you want to enjoy. Stop trying to find a reason to enjoy it.

the mere act of giving his opinion value over anyone else makes you stupid, i could give a fuck whether you agree or disagree with him

>the mere act of giving his opinion value over anyone else makes you stupid

sounds like you are the only one in this thread doing that tbhwyrnfam

nah, not really

I can't be sure but let's just use basic reasoning, the majority of consumers of something wildly popular like music are casuals. That's basic economics. The majority of Youtube's content caters to casuals and their mentality and melon's videos are tailored for casuals. The definition of casuals is easy to point if you're not trying to unnecessarily obfuscate the conversation like your dumb ass.

My post points to the idea that melon is more useful for the survival of music at this point than someone who is simply saying "just enjoy the music bro". Those people, ie. OP, are probably just butthurt and/or jealous of melon which is just sad.

>You have to be all the way up your own ass to review every album the same and put them all on a numeric scale when the vast majority of albums excel in so many different ways

That's crumbs.

fuck off Wale

>have made the music critic obsolete

kinds strange how Fantano literally makes a living off of being a critic then