To be or not to be?

To be or not to be?
My will is what becomes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1J7OoErWvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Verifably false. Your will only extends to what you can affect. You can't change the weather or get a qt virgin adult woman who is mentally stable.

Not about to debate on Sup Forums lol

Why Nietsche?

In one word: nihilism.

Are you saying that you can change the weather fuckmouth?

nietszche was an existentialist you retard

fuckin' kek

You simply don't get it.

Who isn't obsessed about existence.

here you go:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1J7OoErWvs

I get it, I grew out of Nihilism like most functioning adults. I'm simply trying to show you why it's stupid, but you've put up a wall toward criticism. With that wall up, you won't change even if proven wrong. Typical really, a dime a dozen.

Why the fuck make the thread in that case fucking imbecile?

Wasn't he like a proto-user/autist?

I remember reading an account of when he went into a brothel but was too embarressed to do anything so he played the piano there instead.

I'm not OP and I think he misunderstands the neetmaster. But for you to say free will is verifiably false because we're slaves to physical laws is a fallacious counterargument.

>Your will only extends to what you can affect

What can I affect, my body? I'm confident I can affect the universe.

>my will is what becomes

Implies that anything I want to be true, is true. Implying full control of environment and self. You have neither full control of your environment or your self. There are many many things totally beyond any significant effect from your "free will".

what a terribly defeatist attitude

The quote seems to be referencing something much more significant, but he may have taken it out of context.

And it's true, welcome to reality. You've bought into childlike idealism or a college underclassmen messiah complex.

you should meditate or take some acid or put on a glove filled with bullet ants or something. i embrace my childlike idealism and i am the messiah. you need to stop being a victim of reality

Having an inaccurate assessment of your environment is detrimental to oneself. I've tripped plenty of times and I meditate almost every day. I just grew up. You will too, maybe.

grew up or gave up?

No you monkey, I just know that not literally anything is possible and setting realistic goals is better than being delusional as fuck about what you can and cannot affect.

Not that user, but there's no giving up involved, it's just a realisation.

kill yourselves

OP here
How are you supposed to go to Heaven with that attitude? Faith bends the world to your will, admit it

too bad its true huh?

the fundament of our reality is acausal, quantum probability. who are you that knows what's really possible?

i don't think anything is true

>quarks are weird
>cause and effect must be a total mystery

I can smell the college freshman from here. We are constrained by the physical laws of our reality on this scale.

This is a phase that you will grow out of.

You can eventually grow out of growing up you fucking faggot

We are the will having knowledge of itself in representations of the principle of sufficient reason, which contains empirical truth.

Okay bud, go through your life not knowing the answer to anything or if literally anything is true. I'm sure this won't lead to confusion, apathy, weakness of ego or eventual drug abuse/homelessness.

Because if there's anything that indicates potential success, it's not knowing literally anything. Good luck.

>it's not knowing literally anything
You'd have to be some kind of madman to pretend to know everything, like Hegel.
I only pretend to know one thing for sure

Nietzsche is pure garbage tho...
father of special snowflakes and fedora neckbeards

He reminds me of Heraclitus and Schopenhauer.

Holy shit dude there is a lot of room between knowing only `1 thing and knowing everything. Not being able to understand anything but black and white concepts is proof positive that you're a moron.

That is always a perfect indicator of stupid people, literally incapable of understanding nuance, spectrums, gradients, gray areas, whatever you want to call it. All your tiny brain can manage, is two categories. Everything, or nothing.

that's pretty self-referential

Nihilistic pleb detected.

I know nothing
I know everything
I know one thing

you're right

Nietszche was a faggot. He thought Germans were amoral robots and preached the gospel of Christ in a very underhanded way. Plus he struck out with the ladies so he probably wasn't very likeable.

mfw

"""To be, or notto be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles. And by opposing end them.
- Hamlet"
- Shakespeare"
- Google"