Why do people on this board use terms like "dadrock" as a pejorative term...

Why do people on this board use terms like "dadrock" as a pejorative term? There is literally nothing wrong with liking the same music as your father

You sound like someone who hates their father or grew up without a dad

Because rather than form your own opinion on music or dare to disagree with your dad, you latch on to the only comforting aspect of music - stuff you were forced to listen to. Now, you attach a negative stereotype to it because it's so dated and reminds you of how spineless you are to actually listen to anything new

who cares

No decision is 100% free and your taste isn't a product of your own personality

Mu calls rock music dadrock and then turns around and says metal is for children.
And they worship at the alter p4k and the melon feed them.
The term dad rock is very passive aggressive and you can feel the white boy daddy issues through the computer screen every time someone posts it

oh and they criticize rock for being old then turn around and make a jazz, country, or classical music thread.

During the last 8 years there was a great manufactured and promoted hatred against rock music

>he listens to stuff he grew up with so he doesn't listen to anything else
wew lad

fpbp

nice quads

those are some sick gets

I am new to Sup Forums but I listen to probably 20% of what my parents listened too when I was growing up, but 80% is stuff I found on my own, is there really anything wrong with that?

>I am new to Sup Forums

no, but it's mostly an insult directed to people who claim to enjoy music but all they've done is latch on to stuff they heard their parents listening to and automatically dismiss everything else

as with most insults like this, it's complete garbage. i enjoy Steely Dan about as much as I enjoy Saint Pepsi, but mention one or the other and you'll be met with a barrage of derogatory names from narrow minded cunts who like to make themselves feel better because they're insecure about their own taste

>i enjoy Steely Dan about as much as I enjoy Saint Pepsi
Did you really think this was worth mentioning?

for the purposes of an example, yes. I could have just said rock and vaporwave, but I wanted to be specific. they're also vastly different, but I could have used any bands/artists as an example

hating dadrock isn't about listening to music that your father enjoy/classic rock but rather about listening only to it and dismissing other music

yeah that's what I have observed, I thought id ask to be clear I wasn't missing anything

long story short, don't pay anybody like that any attention. there's fuck all wrong with liking the same music as your parents, because it's likely the first music you're exposed to. it makes sense you'll like it, because you have no preconceptions of what good music or bad music is. there's stuff my dad likes that I don't, and there's stuff i like he doesn't. all good my man

my parents never listened to rock when I grew up but somehow when I discover classic rock by myself I like dadrock

also fine, because it appealed to you for the same reason it appealed to somebody else or their own parents - you like the sound, the melody might catch you or it may be as innocuous as it's easy to tap your foot to and sing along to

quints make you squint

oh fuck, you're right, good job I'm not a drummer

Sometimes I really think my dad is browsing Sup Forums.

>There is literally nothing wrong with liking the same music as your father
>2016
>sharing interests and having a mutual respect for your father to further enrich and rekindle your relationship as father and son
>not being completely indifferent to each other due to your father's reluctance to take an interest in any of your hobbies and being too stubborn yourself to and tell him his music is okay, even though it isn't its actually fucking disgusting garbage and if you search your feelings you realise that your dad should have grown out of the music he has been listening to since he was 13
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww lad

>dad didnt listen to any rock music at all when i was a kid
>neither did mom
>still get called a dadrock faggot for liking classic rock

>tfw you realise your dad is a turbopleb but your mum is a huge Joy Division fan since An Ideal for Living

how is this even possible?