Lou Reed solo vs Velvet Underground

Is it bad that I enjoy Transformer more than any of the Velvet Underground albums, does anyone else feel this way?

Also, although I have already listened through all of the velvet undergrounds records (including squeeze) I am wondering if anyone could recommend a specific album to go back too and maybe I can appreciate it more now?

Is there a certain mindset I should be in when going into the velvets stuff?

It's just different music. Transformer is pop rock and The Velvets are nosie rock.

WL/WH is their best album though

Transformer's a great record, basically a Bowie/Ronno collab with Reed singing on it.

Transformer is only better than Loaded.

Mediocrity

If you prefer transformer you might want to go back to their self titled (third album)

Noise rock vs pop rock
Try their self titled, its the album without John Cale so its way less experimental but just as good

Yes it is bad

It's more accessible than any of the Velvet Underground albums and you're just a pleb.

Transformer is still great though.

I C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C

This.

Lou Reed's solo stuff is great, but he is very uneven, like his personality. He has tons of awful stuff, but where performs well he is unparallelled. VU is definitely superior to Transformer though.

Have you tried Coney Island Baby and Ecstacy yet?

Is Transformer his only good album. I listened to others but none have really rivaled Transformer. Coney Island Baby and New York were good, I guess.

TRANS-former

>that filename
:'(

>Charlie's """""girl"""""

lou reed is music for chicks. if you listen to lou reed and you don't have a vagina (physical or spiritual) you need to seriously evaluate your life

check out this comp. its my favorite velvet underground/lou reed release.

Blue Mask is pretty good. So is Berlin, and I've got a soft spot for Sally Can't Dance

I mean the first verse of the most popular song on the ablum is about just that, I don't think this is hidden at all.

Suck on my ding dong

You'll get arguments for any of the first 4 VU albums being best. Personally I think WL/WH was their best with Cale, and TVU was their best without him. No doubt VU was better than Reed's solo stuff.

Metal Machine Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest of Lou's discography

No. Transformer is the best thing he ever did.
No. Berlin is incredible.

Best thing Lou Reed ever did
Both solo and as part of TVU