Biggest musical redpills:

biggest musical redpills:
>the Beatles were trash
>rock and metal are boring genres that you cannot listen to without yawning and cringing when you have grown up
>pop is objectively the best musical genre

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=fvelDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=Beatles boy band&source=bl&ots=MtJ5E_7Scy&sig=xMHs3PRcGmat7ggG2Ex6Z4g6LX0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAlIOxzdbTAhVsDMAKHcfHAx04FBDoAQgqMAY#v=onepage&q=Beatles boy band&f=false
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles#1957.E2.80.931962:_Formation.2C_Hamburg.2C_and_UK_popularity
recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/awp/awp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Congrats to you special snowflake. Here is your trophy of one response in your shitty thread.

redpills =/= objectively wrong opinions

you cannot be a true poptimist without setting aside your problems with AC/DC

let them have their angsty opinions

when someone says that the Beatles are among top 10 bands ever I know right away that they know shit about music

>>pop is objectively the best musical genre
The Beatles were pop though
t. I don't know music theory

>female musicians are and always will be terrible
>the last surviving core of originality music is in black metal
>(they) have coopted the entirety of the population into worshipping degenerate pop through mass indoctrination

>music theory
they just sound like nothing special, you don't need to go to school to tell good music from bad
the beatles are most overrated band of hacks who had 0 originality

>they just sound like nothing special
Show me a song that sounded like Tomorrow Never Knows before they did it.
>you don't need to go to school to tell good music from bad
What makes them bad?

"Real instruments" are objectively worthless pieces of overcomplicated garbage for pretentious cavemen who refuse to join the 21st century. Note how every half decent rock/pop album ever made would not be very good if it were not for its production.

More like nu-male pill

>"Real instruments" are objectively worthless
Objectively wrong. Stopped reading right there

Those are sentimentally valuable, they have no real value when everything they can do a MIDI can do better.

>real value
Monitory value is real; sentimentality is not.

Nice try though.

>what is modern jazz, classical, folk etc. music

You're probably a deluded millennial music fan who has probably never left his bubble of hip-hop/electronic/whateverthefuck to discover other music and/or people.

>rock/pop
>21st century
>good

Choose one. Is this bait? If not, you truly are a fucking moron.

>emphasis on production

Oh you're one of THOSE people...

Also
>objectivity

Get a load of this fucking spook.

Why are people nowadays equating edgy contrarianism or straight up idiocy with redpillness? I see some legit retarded right wingers/religious fucktards do it all the time.

>lmao the earth is flat and hitler never existed I am so fucking woke #REDPILL

No music matters except classical.

>Jazz

Dead genre because it was incompatible with electronic developments.

>Rock/pop

I'm not just referring to the 21st century. Find any album people praise as a masterpiece from the late-70s on and you will find that it's 100% because of the production (i.e. Remain in Light, which would just be shitty white guy funk if it weren't for Eno)

>Classical

The only relevant composers today are the ones experimenting with electroacoustics, tape music, stochasticism, etc.

>Folk

If you mean traditional music, that's for teenage cultural tourists who want to look intelligent or old people who have nothing better to do.

If you mean singer songwriter bullshit, that is a long irrelevant genre and many people have moved onto singing their useless political bullshit and >muh feels over electronic music instead.

Sorry grandpa, hip hop, /bleep/s and electonic classical are the only real music of this century and your toys are being left behind.

Here's my redpill moment: It's purist faggots like these that make people afraid of classical music.

>electroacoustics, tape music, stochasticism

Are you from the fucking 1950s?

Define "real music", please. I'd have no problems "being left behind" to be honest. But I'm not excluding modern music from my taste, some recordings, heavily electronic influenced, from the last 20 years are staples in my library. Only time will tell if they are really worth anything though. Some "hip" moments right now could just be another Disco. A lot of classical music is (for now) still proving to be timeless.

THIS.Rocktards BTFO

>calls entire genre trash
>acts enlightened
W E W
E
W

See You On the Other Side is the best Mercury Rev album

>rap is not that good

the only legitimate redpill in the thread

>Rock died in the 2000s

>genre is still being played to this day
Then its not dead, is it?

white people ruin every music genre they touch

Not him, but what people object to is their insincerity. They were experimental sometimes, but only to the point of being commercially acceptable and viable. But then again, what could you really expect from a pop band, which formed as a boy band?

>Sorry grandpa, hip hop, /bleep/s and electonic classical are the only real music of this century and your toys are being left behind.
Why did anyone make a genuine reply? It was a bait with a lot of effort, but come on.

>insincerity
Oh do you know them personally?
>which formed as a boy band?
[citation needed]

No art matters and if you feel superior for liking any of it, then you're gay and dumb.

Music is shit

White people created every genre.
Every genre is shit then, thread over.

good job deliberately misunderstanding him, fucktard

No, I understand him completely.

Maybe you don't know what dead means?

>>insincerity
>Oh do you know them personally?
You know what I'm talking about.
>They were experimental sometimes, but only to the point of being commercially acceptable and viable.
>>which formed as a boy band?
>[citation needed]
books.google.com/books?id=fvelDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=Beatles boy band&source=bl&ots=MtJ5E_7Scy&sig=xMHs3PRcGmat7ggG2Ex6Z4g6LX0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAlIOxzdbTAhVsDMAKHcfHAx04FBDoAQgqMAY#v=onepage&q=Beatles boy band&f=false

What's your relationship with your father like?

Fine.

Answer the question
>You know what I'm talking about.
I don't, explain.

As to your other assertion:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles#1957.E2.80.931962:_Formation.2C_Hamburg.2C_and_UK_popularity

The greatest redpill is getting over the edgy contrarian phase and realising The Beatles literally wont ever be topped.

Flawless recovery to not having any rebuttal whatsoever.

>tfw Hendrix topped the Beatles and made them irrelevant

>claim """rock"" is shit
>only have a superficial knowledge of the genre

Who?

>>You know what I'm talking about.
>I don't, explain.
How many times am I going to have to repeat myself? I don't think I'll bother anymore, because you won't acknowledge it either way. And don't worry, I'm saging.
>They were experimental sometimes, but only to the point of being commercially acceptable and viable.

Anyone have the Perry bible fellowship version of this or any other ones?

>How many times am I going to have to repeat myself?
Sounds like your mistake for not making sense the frist time.

You made a claim questioning their sincerity. Thus you know them personally, right? Otherwise you wouldn't know.
>because you won't acknowledge it either way.
Are you going to acknowledge you were wrong? I bet you won't
The later is not relevant, so I don't think you know what experimental means.
>And don't worry, I'm saging.
Announcing sage is a ban-able offense.

redpill =/= defining which colors are bad

Where do you dorks come from? You can say that the Beatles are shit but you can't label your position as redpilled.

>You can say that the Beatles are shit
Only if you'd want to be wrong.

no one itt can tab out a beatles song to show what makes it good

>doesn't understand something
>thinks it's because the thing is retarded

recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/awp/awp.html

you need a better site design

>You're wrong
Great argument.
>You made a claim questioning their sincerity. Thus you know them personally, right? Otherwise you wouldn't know.
I never made such a ridiculous claim, but you keep asserting that.
>>They were experimental sometimes, but only to the point of being commercially acceptable and viable.
How is it not relevant? I was so bold as to dare criticize a band you like? Is that why? Let's be real for a minute; they weren't avant-garde composers challenging what music could be and doing it for love of music.
>Announcing sage is a ban-able offense.
That won't stop me from restarting my router and not giving presumably your thread any more bumps.

>Great argument.
Thanks. How does it feel?
>I never made such a ridiculous claim
Oh do you not know what sincerity means?
>How is it not relevant?
We are discussing experimental music. Viability is not relevant.
>I was so bold as to dare criticize a band you like?
Quote me where I said I liked the Beatles
>they weren't avant-garde composers challenging what music could be
That's not what experimental means.
>and doing it for love of music.
Oh did you know them personally?
>That won't stop me from restarting my router and not giving presumably your thread any more bumps.
I'm not OP. Have fun doing meaningless actions.

>Quote me where I said I liked the Beatles
Why are you so adamant on defending them then?

>rock and metal are boring

Except no, they're literally designed around rhythms and sounds that get you amped up, because the human body responds to agressive, fast sounds like that
If you yawn during a good metal track you are literally mentally ill

that's subjective

>the Beatles were trash
>pop is objectively the best musical genre

here's a free (you)