Fuck it, it's a ___

Fuck it, it's a ___

5/10

shoegaze died with MBV

decent 7, it's enjoyable and it makes me smile

best review in a while

How are the reviews shown on the first page of RYM picked? What is it based on?

they're based on an equation of average score weighed against number of r502 Bad Gateway

Mega?

8/10 at least.

It's better than their first album and while not quite at the level of Souvlaki and Pygmalion is definitely in the same ballpark as those 2 albums.

-live

100% this. Album's a soft grower and gets slightly better with each listen.

kek

It's a good album, but nothing groundbreaking. Honestly, it's not totally Slowdive's fault tho, because everything that could possibly be done in shoegaze was done already 24 years ago. And they probably don't have the same youthful energy in them to make a Souvlaki 2.0.

The cover art is really lame desu. I get what they were going for, but choosing THAT for your comeback album artwork is underwhelming. It would've been better if they just remade the Souvlaki album cover with their current selves for this album cover.

Fuck it, it's an 8/10 for me

>It would've been better if they just remade the Souvlaki album cover with their current selves for this album cover.
I don't want to see new hag Rachel on a cover.

anything would've been better than a bland cover of some bald dude staring into the distance

It's a 8/10

Slowmo and No Longer Making Time are legit 11/10s

Actually Rachel's not looking too bad. It's more Neil who's about to get seriously JUSTed if he doesn't shave that stache.

This

fairly boring and uninventive, yet comfy sounding. the two pre-realeased singles were the highlights.

6.5/10

lright

best album of the year

that last chorus on No Longer Making Time always brings tears to my eyes it's so fucking beautiful

Star Roving is solid but Sugar For The Pill is my least favorite on the album. Slomo, Don't Know Why and Go Get It are my highlight picks. Everyone Knows also creeps on me harder with each listen.

this