How does Sup Forums feel about these guys?

How does Sup Forums feel about these guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8&t=7s
youtu.be/EdooYar_A6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love mf doom

Great music, so they cool

Do you think that they are becoming less metal than their first album?

Never once listened to them.
Seen them talked about, never bothered to check.
They look like they make really shit nu metal/industrial music.

Music's good, costumes and theatrics are cool but promoting literal Satan worship is kinda silly.

You'd be surprised user

when did music become more about the costumes than the music? if they want to wear costumes on stage, they should just do panto.

I feel tired

I expect there next album will be more metal, since the only original all member that's left is the one who advocated heavier sounds most

well they wear the costume because it fits the music and its to keep anonymity, I think that it makes a new character, also the original papa looked pretty ugly in my opinion without the makeup

which one is the original of the remaining, and i did read the new album would be "darker"

my favorite band, going to see them in may with Rob Zombia \m/

overrated now

shit

They look like they're trying way to hard to be edgy.. fucking shit metal

The guy who plays Papa. He was originally in a band called Repugnant that had a notably heavier sound

I'd be surprised if they were actually any good.
I'm gonna listen to a tune or 2 now... what tunes would you recommend I listen to for optimal enjoyment?

i like ghost

well I personally would recommend Cirice and Ritual

Favorite band

Pinnacle to the Pit.

Trash. Their music is boring to listen to and no one cares if you worship Satan.

I care :'(

You don't have to worship Satan to enjoy their music.

I can' tell if they're good or boring. It's pretty weird.

death metal look and lyrics, sounds like alternative.

one of the few bands I want to see live

I was legitimately surprised when i first heard their music, I was expecting some really heavy shit. But it was a pleasant surprise.

Worth it. Seen them 3 times. Would see them more.

His name is Tobias Forge.

He also did vocals for a really cool chill project called Magna Carta Cartel.

Year Zero is pretty good.

they're just mega fucking edge lords who make shitty music. just as bad and cringe as christian fag bands

> Some user on Sup Forums recommends it as good metal a few years ago
> Turns out it's only rock.
They alright and everything. I like their visual style and the music and all but nobody is gonna convince me that their stuff is metal.

Batushka is what I imagined Ghost to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8&t=7s

I found out about them from a promo photo and had pretty much the same experience. I'm a huge fan now

Listen to them all the time while gaming, not a huge fan of the imagary/ lyrics but meh

Some of their songs have doom metal aspects but i wouldn't go so far as to call it full on metal

Yeah, I actually like his work with MCC, too. He has a great 'haunting' kind of voice.

saw them at a festival last summer. They were awesome!

Weird Al is Papa Emeritus low key

Holy shit you're right.

I feel like I'd like Batushka more if they did more chanting vocals and a lot less screeching. I could never fully get into that kinda singing

MCC is good shit. He was in another band too, I think.

personally, i loved 'em.

i didn't think what mr. miyagi did to them was right at all. i mean johnny warned daniel, but the little twerp couldn't leave well enough alone. he had to push it.

They always reminded me of early black sabbath

ahhhhh top kek user

They became one of my favorite bands last year. Strangely, I heard their music before I saw their aesthetic. That aesthetic surprised me.

I think you are thinking of the band SUBVISION... He was also Mary Gore in Repugnant.

Cirice and Deus in Absentia.

yeah I think of specifically black sabbath the song

Ghost is fucking trash you sub human cunt.

They're amazing, I'm listening to the if you have ghost cover right now

Indeed I was. Went on a binge listen of these guys when I first heard of them. 20 Second Songs has a decent cover of System of a Down in the style of ghost on the yootoobs

Not nu, just kinda general metal/hard rock. Almost remind me of Blue oyster cult at times.

They're about as heavy as any band Dio played in and lots of people still consider him a legend in the metal genre. Not making a 1 to 1 comparison on the quality of their respective works, but they're definitely playing similar chords.

Also check out the original version of Crucified by Army of Lovers. Fukkin weird shit. youtu.be/EdooYar_A6g

That cover captures the feel of them perfectly. The style works so well for the song too.

Blue Oyster cult with a twist of doom. Honestly, it's an uncommon sound and a welcome variety on my playlist

Yeeeeeah I kinda dig that late 80s early 90s ridicousness, though. Something about it seems to extravagant and debacherous. I think that's why they chose to cover it, for the whole indulgent feel.

Oh most definitely. I can't decide if I like the original more or ghosts cover. Listened to them both too many times.

Ya, it's Candlemas writing a song for Blue Oyster Cult to play

Great band, even better live

I've only heard a few of their songs, but I did like what I heard. I saw the look they were sporting and expected them to be maybe just a tiny bit heavier, but was sort of glad that they weren't.

Their live Sound is that tiny bit heavier you're looking for. Try to catch em out if you can, I think you'll enjoy it